The Lottery Glossary

LT

Administrator
Drum Roll and Tah Dah Horns Tooting :tuut: ... I'm pleased to announce the launch of a new Internet resource for lottery players. The Lottery Glossary has arrived and can be found at http://www.lotteryglossary.com .. where else would it be ??? :)
After many days/nights of work, gallons of coffee and a few adult libations along with some family members that think that I have ignored them :) IT IS DONE ! :clap: :lphant: .. well the basis for the glossary is done. It will grow over the future to hold hundreds/thousands of terms.
Firstly I want to thank Ben for suggesting the feature and many thanks to all who contributed. Please let me know if you do not want your avatar image hanging out on another web site and I will remove it and Beaker .. I had to alter your avatar somewhat to preseve your handsome face. On that web site images should be only 30 pixels tall or the text will have too big a gap.

I was originnaly going to do a simple list page addon to the forums but the more I thought about it I realized that the Internet - the world - all of humanity needs a full tilt glossary resource for the topic of lottery so the lottery glossary became the lottery glossary.

Contributions of terms and definitions are identified to the contributor and the remaining definitions are from me. I checked many terms meanings and added them and NO i did not cut and paste ... I carefully crafted every term :D

The glossary is just in its baby phase. The more contributions the better but I have to take a bit of a break from this particular project for a while to regain my sanity. :hair: If you wish to contribute post the terms here and I'll add them in a while.

All feedback from spelling to design comments is appreciated.

The world is now a better and more complete place. :agree:

PS .. just noticed that this became thread number 1000 ... appropriate for a new web site announcement.

Last edited:

Brad

Thumbs up just don't cut it ... great LG, LT!! ... Free Tools would be a good place for the link.

Cheers

GillesD

Glossary

Excellent work, LT and all contributors

This could be an excellent site for information about lotteries. After a very quick review of the site, I would make three comments:

A - Whenever you define a term using another lottery term, this last term must also be defined. For examples, in AW you define with the term Abbreviated Wheel and in DN, you define with Designated Number. But it is frustating to have no definition for either Abbreviated Wheel or Designated Number. But Beaker's definiton for LD and Last digit is a perfect example for what I would like to see in each case.

B - The site should have some mention on how to contact you for comments. Those on this site know that but if others want to contribute, how will they do it. (sorry maybe more work for you)

C - If this glossary would have been on this site, I would have said nothing. But on a site dedicated to lottery terms, I think some unrelated terms (although some are funny) could be removed.

P.S. There is a small error in the Sum definition; il should read ...+ 21 + 37 + 44 ..., not ...+ 21 + 7 + 44 ...

Beaker

WOW!!! Impressive!!! :eek: :eek:

I like the look of it - Congratulations LT :agree2:

I think you need an explicit link back to this site and from this site there. :agree: Accessing through the contributors is nice but something explicitly referencing here would be great.

Beaker

Beaker said:
WOW!!! Impressive!!! :eek: :eek:

I like the look of it - Congratulations LT :agree2:

I think you need an explicit link back to this site and from this site there. :agree: Accessing through the contributors is nice but something explicitly referencing here would be great.
I must have missed it the first time - looks good now :agree:

Brad

Gilles makes a good point in "A" as some terms could be expanded. However many may take care of themselves once the Glossary is more extensive. Say someone checks AW - not knowing what a Wheel is they can look it up futher down ... having said that, Wheel(ing) must be included.

Last edited:

LT

Administrator
Thanks all for your feedback and particularily GillesD for such specific comments .. I totally agree :agree:
As soon as time permits I'll get at it again and add the changes.
Thanks everyone :agree2:

Sidebar