Quote from the Guru on Quick Picks

Brad

NIX QUICK PICKS
Quick Picks are used by people who want to be in the action without putting any effort into winning. When you read articles about jackpot winners, it appears as though they all used either Quick Picks, birth dates or their children's ages. The vast majority of people do play that way. If the majority of tickets sold are Quick Picks, then it makes sense that the majority of jackpots won should be won with Quick Picks. However, when I saw the actual statistics, I found that you have a better chance of winning by picking numbers randomly out of a hat than by using Quick Picks.

Gail Howard

LT

Administrator
Good point Brad :agree: and I think that even all of us "lottery experts" are guilty of grabbing an occasional quick pick along with our studied numbers. Winning the jackpot with a quick pick wouldn't be as sweet a victory as with our own numbers but hey .. it would be OK :D

Maggie

Maybe not as sweet, but I think I could live with it.

Now, Brad, on the other hand.... I don't know. :D :D

You know how finicky cats are.. :worry: ;)

Last edited:

Brad

Absstholutely Unactheptable !! ... If I ever win the Jackpot on a QP I'll INSIST that they take it back and give me a refund on my ticket !! The QP would have to be a gift 'cause I NEVER :mad:... I'd rather play 1-2-3-4-5-6 :sick: :D

I once had a ticket where I had chosen the numbers in Super 7...I also had a couple of free plays...to my dismase the quick pick came with the same numbers on it than my chosen numbers...so I threw them both in the garbage can before the draw...This is how confident I am about quick pick.... :lol:

LT

Administrator
Congratulations on your win mon .. that's great :agree2:
And Dennis I'm comming over to your house to search through your garbage can. I think there are some potential treasures in there :D

GillesD

"I once had a ticket where I had chosen the numbers in Super 7...I also had a couple of free plays...to my dismase the quick pick came with the same numbers on it than my chosen numbers...so I threw them both in the garbage can before the draw...This is how confident I am about quick pick..."

How incredible. Everything happens to you Dennis. Unbelievable.

You had one chance in 42,950,292 of having your 7 numbers repeated in a quick pick and who does does it happen to? Yes the incredible DB. Amazing, amazing.

Who is now to say that a specific combination in Lotto 6/49 (let's say 1-2-3-4-5-6 or last Wednesday combination) can not come out in next Saturday's draw. Our most believed and respected member of our community has show us the proof. I believe the most unbelievable next thing to happen next would be the two quick picks to show the same numbers and again the same numbers as somebody picked. I am ready to bet that this will happen soon, but with DB no longer taking quick picks, would will it happen to?

Thanks Gilles for being so kind to me! But I'll be honest with you....It never happenned to me....and I thank god for it!! :)

Last edited:

GillesD

Oh, you are playing tricks on us. I and all other were always believing you and reading your comments with all that confidence.

But does that mean also that most of your post are full of B....

Interesting, very interesting.

GillesD said:
Oh, you are playing tricks on us. I and all other were always believing you and reading your comments with all that confidence.

But does that mean also that most of your post are full of B....

Interesting, very interesting.
Thanks again ....Very constructive post not to be taken personnally toward my person Gilles...Thanks again!
:agree2: :lol:

GillesD said:
Sorry, Goswinus. I thought I was clear.

The question is: "What are the odds of getting the same side twice in a row?". This is before you start throwing the dice. And to me, this seems clear that it does not specify whether you want 2 heads or 2 tails. So out of the 4 possibilities (H-T, H-H, T-H and T-T), there are 2 good ones that satisfy the question (H-H and T-T) and 2 bad ones (H-T and T-H). So 2 out of 4 is 50% (I think).

If you wanted 2 heads, the question should have been "What are the odds of getting heads twice in a row?". And then the probability would have been 1 out of 4 or 25%.

Is it my wording or your reading that is deficient? In this case, I really think you missed something.

When you say "Let's assume you first hit the H ...", you made an ASS of U but please leave ME out of it. I never assumed. Basically, what it says is:"Let's flip 2 coins and half the time, you will get the same side and the half time you will get one head and one tail (but not necesseraly in that order). If you have a coin with you, try it.
And thanks for this one also...we haven't seen Goswinus since....Hope to see more of your very respectful constructive posting... :lol: :agree2:

Last edited:

LT

Administrator
Dennis ... I 4 1 A$$ U ME D that U were kidding. :notme: and also I'm not REALLY comming over to your house to search in your garbage can ;)

Beaker

GillesD said:
<snip>

You had one chance in 42,950,292 of having your 7 numbers repeated in a quick pick and who does does it happen to? Yes the incredible DB. Amazing, amazing.
<snip>
This seems low to me - how did you calculate those odds??:confused:

GillesD

To Dennis

Please when you use the quote feature, do not modify the content after. I consider this a fraud and from now on, I would advise everybody to check if the great Dennis Bassboss is altering their posts when adding a comment.

In a prior posting, you quoted me. I have not checked if the text was modified (I don't remember when that posting was made but it was not adressed to you). But you certainly modified the size of characters because I never did use anything else than regular character size. And by enlarging the size of characters, you give an emphasis to some words that were not there. Make your posts as you feel but leave quotes from somebody else as they were maded. This I think is being respectful of others. But coming from you ...

Being one of the few that will comment on some negative aspects of your postings, I find that you do not accept criticism very well (contrary to your saying) but is very aggressive after that. You accused me of stealing your hints, of missing a few things (Flipper being one) and now of being the reason Goswinus is no longer on this site. What will be next?

As far as my "very respectful constructive posting", I do not think you would want me to go through your postings because many of them may not qualify as very constructive.

Gilles!

Thanks Gilles! But large characters or not the content was not modified at all...and what was written is still written if anyone want to look! :lol:
What is your real purpose exactly Gilles?? Dragging this over and over...Maybe you assume too much...?? Everytime that I say that I do not like quick picks you jump to the rope...Do you have a silly design in mind...? So far on this board ...
Negative posts+negative posts = silly design!!
If it is your purpose it is a waiste of time I will never go back there... I tought that I made myself clear about that...
And seeing some members having success here like catching 6 out of 18 numbers or 3 out of 8 ...+ many hints on target from some players etc..reinforces even more my thinking on the matter...
Maybe I'm wrong and it is something else that I have said ...if it is the case...Whatever it was if only I knew ?? I do apologize to you for it...It is obvious to me that you hold something against me..maybe just because I do not think like you?? I really don't get it?? Anyway it seems to me that you are going after me instead of going after some numbers ...Please don't bother to answer if you want to deliver another blow because ...From now on I will never answer any negative posts on this board! I for myself have put away the differences we had between us..even if I do not know the real reasons of why you are targetting me and probably never will?? I have taken the advices of some members here... they were right this is a waiste of efforts and energy for nothing! They would hope you do the same! We are not here to argue, criticize and complaint like some fat :baby: ....
If it is the path you have chosen...Dragging this personnality conflict or whatever it is over and over?? Always posting negative posts against my person or my thinking or posts...I'm putting you on my ignore list and I will never answer any of your negative posts again! I have better things to do here! :lol:
Now!I have enough...Lets play lotto! :agree2:

Sidebar