Predicting/Using Width of Line

Beaker

peter said:
What I'm looking at is to see if the width of line number is either an odd number or an even number.
There are four ways to generate either an even number or a odd number.
I have four designations.
FE= First Even
FO= First Odd
LE= Last Even
LO=Last Odd
Now in order to obtain an even width of line number, one of two combinations will occur.
1)FE&LE= even
2)FO&LO= even
Now in order to obtain an odd width of line number, one of the two must occur,
1)FE&LO= odd
2)FO&LE=odd
Now if we chart all of the width of line numbers, and determine which are the best announcers, if we correctly identify which width of line number is coming, we will know whether it is an odd, or even width of line, once we determine that, we can break down that width of line number, and we can identify the first and sixth number, once we have two numbers we can apply some of our other tools, such as LD's, consecutives, etc, I hope this makes sense, I await your comments plse. :agree2:

Beaker

Irvin said:
Hello Beaker :wavey:

Your full of good ideas.

I have added this to my spreadsheet.

Upto column "BY" now. :lol: :lol:
Not my idea Irvin - not this one anyway :lol: - it's Peter's. But, Irvin, we did some other work on width of line which is interesting. Always a good stat to watch :agree: ;)
My spreadsheet columns are getting up there also :lol:

PAB

Predicting / Using Width of Line

Hi Beaker,

What an interesting concept.
I already keep six columns ( Excel ) for identifying whether each Number is Odd or Even, and at the moment only use that information to determine how many Odds and Evens there are for each Draw and an overall summary.
I also keep five columns for the differences between each Number ( Sorted Numerically ), and work out what the Minimum, Maximum and Average are for each column.
I also keep a record of the Highest Minimum Number ( Ball 1 after Sorting Numerically ), the Lowest Maximum Number ( Ball 6 after Sorting Numerically ), and the Range ( Ball 6 minus Ball 1 ) again with the Minimum, Maximum and Average for each.
I will now add the Odd / Even line width to my Spreadsheet.
Just one thing though Beaker, in order for your Odd / Even theory to work you need to create a Formula that takes the Lowest Number away from the Highest Number ( say in cell I1 ) and Add one. Then you can use the Formula =IF(MOD(I1+1,2)=0,"ODD","EVEN") in say cell J1.
With all the Statistical Information we keep you would think it would be a stroll in the park to be regular winners of some sort of prize ( i can dream can't I ).
I will certainly play around with this idea at the weekend.
Nice idea Peter ( and thank you Beaker for posting it ), keep them coming guys.

:wavey:
Regards
PAB

Last edited:
I have delta data for the powerball, also some generic/trend data (up/down, even/odd, decade, range, sum). I also keep a forecast (generic excel forecast function) based on previous draw data and a delta chart for that too. They are all color coded and employ conditional formatting to indicate hits (where generated pick = drawn number)

What do I do with the generic/trend data? I'm having no luck guessing the next up/down, decade or odd/even.... and even if I did, how does this translate back into actual picks?

Beaker

hypersoniq said:
I have delta data for the powerball, also some generic/trend data (up/down, even/odd, decade, range, sum). I also keep a forecast (generic excel forecast function) based on previous draw data and a delta chart for that too. They are all color coded and employ conditional formatting to indicate hits (where generated pick = drawn number)

What do I do with the generic/trend data? I'm having no luck guessing the next up/down, decade or odd/even.... and even if I did, how does this translate back into actual picks?
hypersoniq,
do you keep delta data between draws or within draws or both? How about delta frequency counts between draws?

Beaker

hypersoniq said:
I have both between draws and within draws (gap)
... and the counts? What I mean by counts is when the 10 hits for example, do you have the frequencies for all the gaps that happen after the 10 hits? Do you see any trends there?

Beaker

hypersoniq said:
I haven't tried that, thanks for the tip :)
There might be something interesting there :notme:

I'm going to write some code for that for our lotto. Could be like a hit/skip chart for positional gaps. :agree2:

Thanks hypersoniq :agree2:

winhunter

W.O.L.

Width of Line? I have seen this mentioned before. Basically it is the Highest number drawn MINUS the lowest number drawn? It seems rather similar to a Position Vector processor, only the two vectors you are dealing with are the first and last positions.

It does seem like an interesting way to trend data though.

Andrew

peter

As mentioned before, Can 649, excluding bonus, most popular width of line is 41,@ 120 times, most popular pair that makes up the width of 41 is 4-45@ 22 times, followed by 7-48 @ 21 times.
My width of line chart is the only chart, I maintain, that excludes the bonus number.

peter

The width of line for widths from 30 to 39 have come 870 times,for a percentage of 42.8%.
The width of line for widths from 40 to 48 have come 760 times for a percentage of 37.4%.
The combined width from 30 to 48 equals 1630 times for a staggering percentage of 80%.
Where will you put your money?:D

peter said:
The width of line for widths from 30 to 39 have come 870 times,for a percentage of 42.8%.
The width of line for widths from 40 to 48 have come 760 times for a percentage of 37.4%.
The combined width from 30 to 48 equals 1630 times for a staggering percentage of 80%.
Where my mouth is... :lol:

Beaker

peter said:
GillesD said:
For 2024 draws, no bonus numbers considered:

Range 5-15 -- Theory: 0.8% -- Real: 19 times or 0.9%
Range 16-20 -- Theory: 2.7% -- Real: 44 times or 2.2%
Range 21-25 -- Theory: 6.9% -- Real: 144 times or 7.1%
Range 26-30 -- Theory: 13.2% -- Real: 258 times or 12.7%
Range 31-35 -- Theory: 20.5% -- Real: 413 times or 20.4%
Range 36-40 -- Theory: 25.7% -- Real: 504 times or 24.9%
Range 41-48 -- Theory: 30.2% -- Real: 642 times or 31.7%
Peter, GillesD has posted these in the 'Width of Line' thread in 'Q&A' It is always good to see the theoretical values for that.

Now, what about the gaps between draws? :agree:

Sidebar