Plenty of guests......

Rebeckah

Hey LT, thanks for making this such a safe place for us! :)

the 4th was quite for me cuz fireworks are illegal within our city limits here. I also live in a dry county, so I have to drive outta town to buy alcohol :( {Plus 25%-50% of the population left town for summer break from Texas Tech college.} Quite different than when I grew up in Ohio & every house set of firecrackers on the 4th & you can buy booze at the grocery store. :sad:

LT

Administrator
Good question guys ... theoretically this bulletin board should be able to accomadate 10's of thousands of people on all at the same time. The only limitation is what is the end capacity of an SQL database and I think that range is in the millions of queries all at the same point in time. Someone more SQL knowledgeable that me would be able to better say. This is of course all dependant upon the bandwidth and server capacity to deliver as well. The more people at the party the more drinks have to bought and served and the more bartenders are needed to serve them faster. Bottom line we are big and little. For an online comunity we are of a very respectable size. For an online lottery community we are right there at the top. We presently have the largest membership of any lotto community on the internet but we will be surpassed soon by the highest activity/traffic lotto bulletin board on the internet. I won't mention the name but it is a bulletin board that I have the greatest respect for and it uses more bandwidth than we do here. Its my own bias but we have a fuller range of conversations here and more of an international composition. There was also a very good lotto bulletin board called Maybells that recently closed ... so I can now mention the name :)

Re the software fixed ... that is not related to these forums but rather is an SQL development problem that affects thousands of bulletin boards. These forums bit the bullet again just the other day and had to fixed and then re opened with the loss of a coulpe of threads :(

Re the capacity of these forums .. I just went and checked out some active webmaster type forums that run on the same system - one has - current users 412 and most ever 1110.

So as long as I keep the hydro bill paid and whack the carburator with a hammer each time the floats get stuck, we will have no limitations on how big we get. Which is a good thing as tons of lotto enthusiasts want to read and learn what the members here know and have to say.

PS ... Rebeckah that does not sound like a totally fun place to live.

Rebeckah

nah, it's ok where I live. Every place I've lived has had it's +/-s. Hopefully I'll settle in the best place for me. ... anyhoo, don't you back up, or save to disk certain threads, or is it that webmasters save it thru a mirror site? I don't know about that stuff. It just seems a pity that some threads would go missing since it seems that many members use the search function. ? well, I know I do. whatever, I'm not asking you to do anything, I know you have alot on your plate. hopefully winning lotto tickets! ar ar :)

Beaker

FunMoney said:
Nothing else to do.....that's why I joined to take a peek inside.:agree:
You will find alot in here - enough to leave the 'Lottery Syndicate Member' business and go it alone.

By the way, don't even think of promoting it :no:

Welcome.

FunMoney

Well......thank you Beaker...for that warm welcome. Tell me a little more about this board. Are there some BIG WINNERS as members? Any particular threads I should pay attention to?
I will very grateful for a heads up and consideration of my
inquiry.

Beaker

FunMoney said:
Well......thank you Beaker...for that warm welcome. Tell me a little more about this board. Are there some BIG WINNERS as members? Any particular threads I should pay attention to?
I will very grateful for a heads up and consideration of my
inquiry.
We have had a few members hit 5/6 from 6/49 lottos from between 11-18 numbers wheeled. Our host LT has hit 7 from 20 but did not have the ticket. Many, many 3 from10, 4from10 hits here as well. Some hot pick3 players here also.

Lots in the 'International' sections, one of the top wheeling software people in the world, Nick Koutras, is a member here, Ion Saliu sometimes pays a visit. Check out 'Tips' and 'Strategies' sections and look at the WinHunter software, which is open source software. That SW can be downloaded for free and the developer Andrew is a regular contributer here. There is nothing like this software anywhere.

The best Canada 6/49/Super7 discussion and picks threads in the world are at this site in addition to stats for those lottos unseen anywhere.

There are many many top players and contributors here.

Also, 'free stuff' and 'glossary' links at the bottom of the site helps with some of the terms we use here. :agree: Check that out for definitions.

Our host LT likes a clean site - and so do the members ;) - you won't see moderated threads here but we all watch for rules abuse.

Post your thoughts FunMoney - they will always be welcome.

That should keep you busy for a bit :agree2::agree:

Last edited:

Sheba

FunMoney said:
Nothing else to do.....that's why I joined to take a peek inside.:agree:

FunMoney...Did you enjoy your reading ?

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
Everybody's Got a Dream...JACKPOT!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

shirazbai

LT said:
Re the capacity of these forums .. I just went and checked out some active webmaster type forums that run on the same system - one has - current users 412 and most ever 1110.

Two forums that use the same software easily surpass those figures. One has 2,900 to 3,100 users on at any given time. The other board peaked last year at just under 30,000. Mind you, that last one happened only once due to a big event. More regularly, the active number hovers around the 5,000 mark. So I'd say the only limit is the bandwidth and the server itself. Good news for all those prospective members waiting at the door, no?

LT

Administrator
good info shirazbai :agree2:

I just saw a board based upon the same machine as here (latest version) at around 4000 online now! :eek:

Sidebar