Playing Lotto of other countries

Bones

Do most countries allow persons from other countries to play for and collect their lotto jackpots? I live in a border town and a NY state Lotto ticket could be worth the drive.

Rebeckah

Their site didn't say *must be US resident to collect prizes* But it does say alot about taxes. Take a look at this!!!!! yikes!
http://www.nylottery.org/ny/nyStore/cgi-bin/ProdSubEV_Cat_202538_NavRoot_307.htm

I did the math on US winnings, and one would get approximately $320,000 out of each $1 Million won. This is ONLY Federal taxes. State, city and county taxes are on top of that. & if there's any child support, alimony, back taxes, parking tickets, empty parking meters, you'd have to pay that too. Wasn't there a story about a guy who won, but everybody took so much that he ended up actually owing more than he won?

Last edited:

Beaker

Bones said:
Do most countries allow persons from other countries to play for and collect their lotto jackpots? I live in a border town and a NY state Lotto ticket could be worth the drive.
If I was there, I'd be getting int othe Mega lotto when its $50 billion million USD :dizzy:

Beaker

Rebeckah said:
Their site didn't say *must be US resident to collect prizes* But it does say alot about taxes. Take a look at this!!!!! yikes!
http://www.nylottery.org/ny/nyStore/cgi-bin/ProdSubEV_Cat_202538_NavRoot_307.htm

I did the math on US winnings, and one would get approximately $320,000 out of each $1 Million won. This is ONLY Federal taxes. State, city and county taxes are on top of that. & if there's any child support, alimony, back taxes, parking tickets, empty parking meters, you'd have to pay that too. Wasn't there a story about a guy who won, but everybody took so much that he ended up actually owing more than he won?

As I've said before Rebeckah

$10,000,000 US - 5,000,000 US taxes = $5,000,000 US x 1.52 can/us coonversion = $7,600,000 canadian $$$

Brad

... and 7,600,000 canadian $$$ is good for a cheeseburger + a beer stopping to fill up the SUV twice on the way to the corner pub ...

Beaker

Brad said:
... and 7,600,000 canadian $$$ is good for a cheeseburger + a beer stopping to fill up the SUV twice on the way to the corner pub ...

WOW, your beer is cheep out West :lol: :lol:

Brad said:
Did you ever heard this one ...Heard this on T.V.''Since I've won the jackpot...I can't afford playing the lottery anymore'' :dang:

Maggie

Bones,

I don't see why you couldn't go across to buy tickets.
When I used to be an operator we had Americans calling all the time on Sunday mornings wanting to know the winning numbers. Mainly Detroiters calling.

Sidebar