PAB Please help

bloubul

Hi PAB

The excel file consists of 3 spreatsheets, MAIN (M), TARGET (T) which is not a problem because it must be manually updated there is no other way, but the spreadsheet called REPORT is where I needs your help.

There are 5 comments put in B2, B3, C2, M2 and M3, read them from B2 to M3
I tried to explain what I'm looking for.

Here is the link: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?z0d9tl11mkv03wt

Thanks in advance

BlouBul :cool:

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

I have downloaded the file.
I have read the comments within the cells specified but unfortunately I don't understand exactly what you are trying to do or what the actual data represents.
Can you please explain to me in a bit more detail what it is you want to do, and what the logic (this bit is important) is, then maybe the comments will make more sense to me.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
Mathematics is the language of nature.
Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

bloubul

Hi PAB

Let me try to explain. We have 2 different lotto's on a Wednesday and Saterday, it's called Lotto and LottoPlus, they get drawn one after the other one. If I play Lotto than LottoPlus is excluded, but if I play LottoPlus than Lotto is included in my betslip, but it cost more per line for LottoPlus than it costs for Lotto. So what I'm trying to do is to compare the 2 databases against each other, thus I call LottoPlus MAIN (M) and the Lotto TARGET (T), so we take the first draw of MAIN (M) compare it to all the draws in TARGET (T), than on the REPORT side it reflects the draw number, date and numbers drawn of the MAIN (M), and underneath it reflects all the draw numbers, dates, draw numbers of all the draws of the TARGET (T) which was found that correspond with the draw numbers of MAIN (M), in column M:Q is almost the same as repeat numbers, from the MAIN (M) and not from the previous draw. The report must be in the format on the spreadsheet. I try to compare the 2 databases

I hope you understand it better now.

PAB

bloubul said:
We have 2 different lotto's on a Wednesday and Saterday, it's called Lotto and LottoPlus, they get drawn one after the other one. If I play Lotto than LottoPlus is excluded, but if I play LottoPlus than Lotto is included in my betslip, but it cost more per line for LottoPlus than it costs for Lotto. So what I'm trying to do is to compare the 2 databases against each other, thus I call LottoPlus MAIN (M) and the Lotto TARGET (T), so we take the first draw of MAIN (M) compare it to all the draws in TARGET (T).
I am with you so far!

bloubul said:
Then on the REPORT side it reflects the draw number, date and numbers drawn of the MAIN (M), and underneath it reflects all the draw numbers, dates, draw numbers of all the draws of the TARGET (T) which was found that correspond with the draw numbers of MAIN (M), in column M:Q is almost the same as repeat numbers, from the MAIN (M) and not from the previous draw.
(1) From looking at your data it appears that you ONLY want matches that are equal to or greater than 3, is that correct?
(2) As the Lotto progresses the data to lookup from the MAIN(M) in the TARGET(T) is going to be enourmous and ever growing.

bloubul said:
The report must be in the format on the spreadsheet. I try to compare the 2 databases.
Why does it have to be in this format?
Are there other SpreadSheets or Excel formulas that look this information up?

Overview
This seems to be a very compicated process to do with formulas and I will have to give it some more thought on the best way to approach this.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

I have given this some more thought and come up with the following comments and observations.

If we take draw ONE for example in the MAIN(M) sheet, we see that there is a spread of 42 draws to find one of the two matching data sets that are greater than or equal to 3.

Looking at the results produced in the REPORT sheet, WHAT ARE THESE RESULTS ACTUALLY TELLING YOU, and more importantly, how are you going to use them for up and coming draws?
If you could explain this part in a bit more detail please then there might be an easier way of achieving the results you require.

When you get to 500 MAIN(M) draws there will also be 500 TARGET(T) draws to compare it to.
This could possibly lead to VERY MANY matches produced in the REPORT sheet for a SINGLE draw, perhaps as many as 50 or even more.
With this size of data for ONE draw alone you can now see where I am coming from, let alone ALL the results for the rest of the draws.

I think the main thing we need to establish here is what you are going to use these results for and how they are going to be applied to future draws.

BTW, BOTH the MAIN(M) & TARGET(T) sheets are showing WED.

I look forward to your comments on the above.

Regards,
PAB

bloubul

Hi PAB

Give me a day or two to compile a complete sheet for you. Then you will see that is not that big. This sheet however will be in drawn format as I believe that some numbers has a preferred position in the drawings.

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

bloubul said:
Give me a day or two to compile a complete sheet for you. Then you will see that is not that big. This sheet however will be in drawn format as I believe that some numbers has a preferred position in the drawings.
Did you ever sort this out and get it working?

Regards,
PAB

(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

bloubul

Hi PAB

Not completly. Its running and compare the databases, but when it comes to reporting it gives the results what I'm looking for but in the wrong order. It gives it as P1, P2, P3, P4, instead of P1, P3, P5, and P6, (P= Position)

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

bloubul said:
Not completly. Its running and compare the databases, but when it comes to reporting it gives the results what I'm looking for but in the wrong order. It gives it as P1, P2, P3, P4, instead of P1, P3, P5, and P6, (P= Position).
Perhaps if you could put the SpreadSheet together like you mentioned in post #6 along with a detailed explanation of what you want to do, I could take a look at it for you.

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

It would be better if you uploaded the file with the formulas in so I can look to see where you are going wrong, rather than just the WorkSheets with the values. That way I will be able to understand the logic and method a bit more and how you arrived at your figures, and then possibly be able to help you.

Lotto-1 & Lotto-2 are obviously the same Lotto but one is for the Wednesday draws and the other is for the Saturday draws.

Are you trying to compare the Wednesday draws to the Saturday draws?

As I said, post the file with the formulas you are using in WorkSheet REPORT because without these I will probably not be unable to help!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏

bloubul

Hi PAB
Lotto-1 and Lotto-2 ARE two different lotto's.
I do not have any formula's, its was done in QBASIC by Mator54, and this how it looks. I have import it into excel. The problem is that QBASIC has limitations and does not put the results in the correct positions as indicated on the spreadsheet. I need please a macro for excel to run it, and as you can see from the report it report on draws before the draw date which is incorrect.

(M) 1 2011/01/05 Wed 4 10 35 36 43 46 6
(T) 18 2011/04/30 Sat 3 27 34 35 36 39 10 10 35 36
(T) 22 2011/05/28 Sat 4 10 14 22 40 41 36 4 10 36
(M) 2 2011/01/12 Wed 11 12 17 19 24 47 37
(T) 9 2011/02/26 Sat 10 19 24 27 38 49 47 19 24 47
(T) 15 2011/04/09 Sat 12 36 38 39 42 47 24 12 24 47
(T) 21 2011/05/21 Sat 5 12 17 24 29 30 6 12 17 24
(T) 28 2011/07/09 Sat 6 12 17 18 20 43 24 12 17 24
(T) 41 2011/10/08 Sat 11 12 24 25 38 43 36 11 12 24
(M) 3 2011/01/19 Wed 9 18 34 41 42 43 33
(T) 26 2011/06/25 Sat 9 18 19 22 32 43 27 9 18 43
(M) 4 2011/01/26 Wed 14 17 20 43 47 49 31
(T) 13 2011/03/26 Sat 3 14 17 26 37 49 42 14 17 49
(T) 28 2011/07/09 Sat 6 12 17 18 20 43 24 17 20 43
(M) 5 2011/02/02 Wed 2 17 20 42 46 48 44
(T) 3 2011/01/15 Sat 1 3 20 30 34 46 2 2 20 46
(T) 8 2011/02/19 Sat 16 17 19 25 26 48 46 17 46 48
(T) 14 2011/04/02 Sat 1 2 9 17 20 28 44 2 17 20
(T) 19 2011/05/07 Sat 2 17 22 25 42 47 37 2 17 42
(M) 6 2011/02/09 Wed 2 6 8 9 36 39 29
(T) 43 2011/10/22 Sat 6 10 15 27 33 39 36 6 36 39
(M) 7 2011/02/16 Wed 5 11 15 26 29 32 49
(T) 40 2011/10/01 Sat 11 13 15 16 20 25 29 11 15 29
(M) 8 2011/02/23 Wed 1 8 15 21 31 39 32
(T) 49 2011/12/03 Sat 6 21 29 31 34 39 3 21 31 39
(M) 9 2011/03/02 Wed 1 25 27 41 46 49 4
(T) 27 2011/07/02 Sat 9 21 25 27 44 49 13 25 27 49

It is not displaying correctly please ignore.

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

bloubul said:
I do not have any formula's, its was done in QBASIC by Mator54, and this how it looks. I have import it into excel. The problem is that QBASIC has limitations and does not put the results in the correct positions as indicated on the spreadsheet.
The only thing I can suggest is that you go back to Mator54 and explain the problem. It will probably just need him to adjust his output parameters within the code to correct it.
I do not use QBASIC.
I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

I just had a thought, if you can post the code I will take a look at it, most programming languages have similarities.

Regards,
PAB

martor54

Hi PAB,
That little program in QBasic is .exe (compiled). I have had to re-install the system a couple of times, perhaps more, since Mr Bloubul and I worked together. I do not know whether I can still find on my hard disk somewhere. So, if I may suggest, either have the above-mentioned gentleman tell you what he wants done (from nought) or ask him what the name of the program is and my address so that I may try and do a search for the code and send it back to you.

Also, I can't remember any complaints at the time about the program. If it fails to display the output file correctly, it may be because one of the input files (possibly both) has (have) not been updated wright.

Best regards,
martor54

PAB

Hi Martor54,

Thanks for the insight and feedback.

bloubul said:
Lotto-1 and Lotto-2 ARE two different lotto's.
He says that they are two different Lotto's, I can't see that comparing two different Lotto's like he intends to do within one statistical analysis can be of any benefit?

Regards,
PAB

martor54

Hi PAB,
I do not know whether Lotto-1 and Lotto-2 are two different lotteries. They can be but they were not at the time. It is more like comparing Wed and Sat draws. Personally, I can't see the use for as both sets of draws belong to the same database. The idea was finding triples: i.e., each draw in one group was compared with the whole other group. You could also choose which group you wanted compared against the other. I think you got the idea.

As to why this poetic enjambment happens remains a mystery to me. It did not used to happen at the time. I must admit the program did not work without a glitch from the very beginning but everything was duly corrected along the way (as far as I remember). If I'm wrong, please accept my apologies.

Again, PAB, may thank you once again for the help you gave me with skips a while back.

All the best,
martor54

PAB

Hi Martor54,

martor54 said:
Again, PAB, may I thank you once again for the help you gave me with skips a while back.
My pleasure, I am glad it helped.

Regards,
PAB

bloubul

Hi PAB.

Thanks for your reply. It is two different lotto's, if you took all the (M) details and you look at the UK lotto you will see that it is the UK results. Yes I did not complain at the time because I was still testing the "Program", as you know yourself that programming takes time. Me and Mator54 relationship ended due to a misunderstanding of a “WORD” I had use during our correspondence. I did apologize, but he has turn down my apology. Thus I could not tell him about the reporting error. Also it is not only to compare databases it is more than that.
Sorry its .exe so I cannot upload the code.

PAB

Hi BlouBul,

bloubul said:
It is two different lotto's, if you took all the (M) details and you look at the UK lotto you will see that it is the UK results.
To be honest, I can't see the benefit in comparing two different Lotto's on a draw to draw basis or over a small section of draws because of the different factors that affect them individually. By this, I mean things like the different machines and how they are setup, the ball material such as latex or whatever, just to name a couple, but I do think that these factors have a bearing of whatever the Lotto is that is being played.

I have admittedly compared and posted FULL Lotto data and analysis between say the Canadian and UK Lotto's, but this is ACTUAL data over MANY draws. This sort of analysis comparison I think has some credence because of the sheer volume of data to compare.

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar