Ontario keno- theory of winning numbers

Hi all - I have been a viewer of the board for a while and I must say I have enjoyed the many topics and discussions on the various lotteries we have. I know that this has been posted before but I thought I would share my own theory (or experience really) on the game of keno. The theory that has been posted before is that the numbers that are chosen each night pays out the least based on all tickets played for that particular draw. When the OLG stated that they utilize their DART system they mentioned it was sophisticated enough to create user profiles. If they were to create user profiles then surely it was "smart" enough to detect "wheelers" as well and try to combat these "cheaters". So I thought I would not play for a month to save money and test out my theory by going big on a few draws. So I did something outrageous and obvious... From 40-70 I picked 26 numbers and wheeled them on sets of for playing $100 worth playing a buck a line. And then played my slips at one store because I wanted it to be obvious that I was a "cheater". Well when the numbers came out that night... The numbers were so one sided on the single digits, teens, twenties and 30's it was crazy when I saw the result. And the numbers that I didnt pick in my range 4 of then showed up, with only 1 number from my chosen numbers showing up! 1 out of 26 of the numbers I picked showed up! And just so happen out of the 5 that I didn't pick from 40-70, 4 came up! As well I have a friend who has played keno for a long time and does ok - but he puts a lot of time and money into it everyday. I asked him one day if he found it harder to win now then way before - and he said yes... He use to win a lot more back then but the last 3-4 years he hasn't done as well. So what has changed? New technology that they are using now? I also think that other factors play into keno that people don't pay attention to. The top prize doesn't pay out as much as keno, and I don't know if the 50/50 rule applies to keno as it does 6/49 and MAX. You know where the lotto corp gets 50%of ticket sales and the rest goes to the pot... If it doesn't - then what is stopping them to control the payout? The less they pay out the more for them right? Any thoughts to my experience and what I have said here is very much welcomed here!

Hi CD,

I was playing 4 numbers per line @ a buck each. All I needed was one line to hit to make my money back. I know it doesn't cover every combo but I was more interested in seeing the results that came out from the draw

CD,

Perhaps. Whenever I look at the draw online and pause the video I swear it doesn't look like 70 balls are in the bin, but if anyone has witness a draw and seen 70 balls drop in the bin they can discredit my observation. If they know a particular number or numbers are popular today- what's stoping them from omitting it from the draw? Or somehow rigging it to not show up. I just find based on my testing and large sample set chooses the outcome was quite interesting. If they have found a way to manipulate to mamimize payout and maximize their profit... It makes sense that they have made the draw twice a day to take in more profits.

OKS,

You should check out the videos from the Quebec Lotto and compare. At least they show you the balls going into the machine.

CD

Godload

Keno is not ball draws, i believe they mentioned it a number of years ago it was digitally drawn by a computer. They switched it to computer generated draws. At least in ontario keno. I could be mistaken but I swear I saw them post it that they were going to computer draws.

Godload, they do use balls for their draw. Or at least that's what they are posting on their website. Now that would be rigged if they were posting balls but really picking numbers by a computer!

Yeah, I believe that it was BC that was using the cg numbers.

I don't know how many times you've played this way - it might've been a fluke this time around.

But I think the Wizard of Oz is pulling some strings behind the curtain somehow.

CD

roger.www

Ont Keno uses ball machine, not computer generated draws.
I don't think Keno draws are manipulated. It's just very hard to win any lottery. Even pick2 is not easy to win.. Lol

Godload

dam roger, you are still around. Thought you took the year off after the big hits you had and was sitting on a beach having the easy life. Good to see you back roger.

Rob50

If you can....

OntKenoStudent, if you are able to convince some of your friends to perform the same experiment each of them covering a certain range as you did, so that all of them would cover all the numbers and then seat back and watch what happens.....

momofone

Ontario Keno WHATS UP!

Back in the good old days I use to win win win...small amount yes, but a win is a win. Then NOTHING, so I pulled back and started something different, instead of following the numbers I followed the wins. Strange things were being found out. So I contacted the lottery corp on some of the wins, and found out more then enough to realize that most high amounts were being played by players playing several tickets(more then a 100$) but not with wheels just multiple ticket slips. Looking into it further (on the lottery site) the people popped up several times winning 1,000-5,000 several times on a draw. After about 2 years of studying this and yes I would call the lottery corporation to confirm the wins,(the information is given openly) how these people won I was told that it was multiple wins on the OLD SLIPS, then it hit me....WHY DID THE LOTTERY CHANGE THE KENO SLIPS and this is why, using the old slips you could play more number boards. So I ask you, why did the lottery change the slips, the corporation said it was to cut back on wasted paper and the new slips are easier to read....ummmm I don't think so!
I believe that with the old slips you could use more numbers faster...
Here is what I am thinking for those who use 100$ or more on numbers the old slips took 10 boards, so it would be 10 slips for a 100$ worth, now with the NEW slips it take 50 slips for your 100$ bets, every time you do it!
How many people stand around to do that anymore, I don't!!!
ask yourself something, the lottery corp called back all the old slips people had in stock, why? the old slips are still good!! so why not use them until they are gone! because the lottery corp, DIDN'T WANT PEOPLE TO HOARD THEM!
Just my two cents worth to this thread ...makes you think doesn't it

Hey Momofone.. Yes a lot of serious players that I talk to love the old slips. I actually found a gas station about a year ago who still had them.. So I took them all.. Lol. I haven't played keno since it draws 2 times a day because I just don't have the time to research the numbers after the midday draw. I know that keno is a hard game to beat... But I honestly don't think everything is legit on this one.

momofone

Old Slips

Hang onto those old keno slips, I search everywhere for them, when I see a store closing I ask if they have any, so far zero, every retailer has basically said the same, the old slips were picked up when the NEW slips came out

gmac78

great thread guys.

Interesting theory momofone.
I too have found winning in keno has dried up FLAT. I used to pull 8/10 once every 2 months ($200) and several 0/10 $2 payouts. I usually just play 2 $1 boards per day at that.

Since May, I have won NOTHING. So you have me thinking.

I think there are many theories out there with regards to keno... But everyone I know who play and has been for a looooong time, all say winning has dried up... Perhaps smart thinking on the part of OLG. Someone I know buys 10 quick picks early in the morning @$1 in variety of 7,8,9,10 numbers... He does this saying the computer is helping him to narrow down his selections for the day... He too feels the numbers are not random but patterned... Also why does the OLG only show past results of the last yeAr? Bclc shows years and years back

Trust me if you see the time involved in what this guy researched the patterns... Most ppl don't have it... He puts in at least 5 hrs a day... And there are days it's a bust!

Sidebar