Obsession Is A Dangerous Thing

doc

What is it with some of you people? One draw no sooner concludes than someone is racing to be the first to open a new thread on the next draw. What's the hurry? Do you expect to get extra brownie points or something?

Lottery play is OK as a hobby, but some people seem to live here full time. Obsession will get you nowhere real fast. Take a break and get a life for God's sake!

No one enjoys the challenge of the lottery more than me---but goddamnit!---I still have a life to lead---and work and family responsibilities to take care of.

Little wonder that some of you have "Super Senior Member" status. I would guess that it's easy to achieve 3 or 4 thousand posts when you post every little thought 5 or 10 times a day.

Quantity means little in a place like this. Quality means a hell of a lot more.

Why take 5 different posts to communicate thoughts or ideas that could be included in just 1? There can be only 1 reason---which is simply to boost your post count.

I really don't care if anyone is offended by this. You know who you are---and the rest of us know who you are. Pathetic is perhaps too mild a word to apply here---"tragic" might be more suitable.

Winning the lottery takes much more than wishful thinking or the kind of eager-beaver grasping at straws that I see here so commonly. There is nothing wrong with having a positive attitude about winning---provided that said attitude is tempered by the harsh realities that otherwise govern our daily lives.

I can live with the inevitable consequences of what I have just said. Before coming back with the expected defensive responses---first ask yourself if you are comfortable with living a lie.

END OF RANT

ebola9000

What's up doc???

Hi Doc!
Enjoyed reading your rant-There is a lot of truth in what you have said. This site isn't supposed to be a horse race where all that matters is who gets to post their numbers on here first.
What purpose does that serve? Hopefully, this is a forum where people can learn techniques for playing the lottery that might be of use to everyone who comes to this site ,whether they post their numbers or not. The odds are so astronomical anyway, so why not have fun instead of bickering and running other people's methods down (Something I have noticed in the short time I have been viewing this site) I hope I don't ever reach Super Senior Status because that will mean there is some kind of void in my life.

Now, one more question? Are you a real Doctor or do you just play one on t.v.?? Regards, Ebola9000

Sheba

DOC

Already went down that path with the last draw....

So I guess I have no life...I won the "RACE" in putting the piks up first....:lol:

I am not going to explain myself to you...so.....read the last week thread and you will find your answer....

Don't be mad cause you were not the first one to start a post ..... :lol:

BYE!

SHeba...:dog:

Sheba

Quoted by DOC
"Why take 5 different posts to communicate thoughts or ideas that could be included in just 1? There can be only 1 reason---which is simply to boost your post count."

So who cares who has what count.... I am one of the longest avtive members here but I don't brag...

1. I could post little thoughts too.....

2. On different threads ....

3. to boost my post count....

4. Im soon at 1000 mark! ....

5. :wow:

6. Big Deal! ....now try eating some more cornflakes! :lol:

7. Hey I could have added 7 more to my count...

SHeba__:dog:

doc

Like I said. I had my little rant. The rest of you are now welcome to have yours in response. Some will understand what I said and some will wonder if I have a problem with my cornflakes.:lol:

No surprise either way.

Maggie

Doc,

About the only thing I would disagree on about your post is your obsession theory. I don't think any of us are obsessed with winning the lottery at all. We're having fun and are open to any kind of suggestions. I'm sure we all live busy and productive lives outside of this board and I consider myself to be fairly intelligent with many other interests besides the lottery. :)

Pradeep

This Lotto club is nothing but Fun.
Life is short.
Doc, You have added a fun in the discussion.
Wish you best of luck today, tomorrow, forever,

doc

Golly! Now I'm a senior member after only 30 posts! :eek:

It's not every day that I get promoted. And it's a long weekend to boot. YEEHAW! :lol:

peter

Well done Doc! congratulations, may you stick around long enough to become a super senior member. :agree2:
Personally, I don't really care for the different classes, to me a member is a member, some have more posts,some have less, some have been here longer than others, its the discussions that are the most important part, I've never really been into a status thing.:agree2: keep up the posts, and discussions Doc!:agree2:

peter

Pradeep said:
This Lotto club is nothing but Fun.
Life is short.
Doc, You have added a fun in the discussion.
Wish you best of luck today, tomorrow, forever,
That was nicely said as well Pradeep, :agree2:

Beaker

Wonderful feature with this site - IGNORE. My list just got one bigger - so did my post count :bawl:

And that ain't crap :dang:

Brad

There once was a man from GTA
whose post should have been in Q&A
no time to obsess about his strife
as members here do have their life
and having fun is their main MO, eh?

doc

Another wonderful feature about this site is that there are still over 1700 members who will probably not ignore me. :cool:

doc

Yikes! Busted by the traffic cops again! :eek:

Well ya see officer, it's like this. My post was not a question. It was a statement. It dealt specifically with players of Lotto 649. If I made a wrong turn then I suggest that the traffic signs be changed. :rolleyes:

May I go now? :p:

peter

That's two posts, that could have been combined into one!
Looks to me like someone is trying to expand on their post count.:lol:

doc said:
What is it with some of you people? One draw no sooner concludes than someone is racing to be the first to open a new thread on the next draw. What's the hurry? Do you expect to get extra brownie points or something?

Lottery play is OK as a hobby, but some people seem to live here full time. Obsession will get you nowhere real fast. Take a break and get a life for God's sake!

No one enjoys the challenge of the lottery more than me---but goddamnit!---I still have a life to lead---and work and family responsibilities to take care of.

Little wonder that some of you have "Super Senior Member" status. I would guess that it's easy to achieve 3 or 4 thousand posts when you post every little thought 5 or 10 times a day.

Quantity means little in a place like this. Quality means a hell of a lot more.

Why take 5 different posts to communicate thoughts or ideas that could be included in just 1? There can be only 1 reason---which is simply to boost your post count.

I really don't care if anyone is offended by this. You know who you are---and the rest of us know who you are. Pathetic is perhaps too mild a word to apply here---"tragic" might be more suitable.

Winning the lottery takes much more than wishful thinking or the kind of eager-beaver grasping at straws that I see here so commonly. There is nothing wrong with having a positive attitude about winning---provided that said attitude is tempered by the harsh realities that otherwise govern our daily lives.

I can live with the inevitable consequences of what I have just said. Before coming back with the expected defensive responses---first ask yourself if you are comfortable with living a lie.

END OF RANT
You will learn in time Doc....You have so much to learn....That might explain your frustrations...And you are the one that is obsessed.... :lol:

Sidebar