Newb to wheels looking for some type of explanation on how it works.

gost

I been working on the Florida Fantasy 5 lately using my own strategy to pick numbers and for the first time today I came across these lottery wheels. All I know so far is that it picks sets from a pool of numbers that you have chosen. I know very little of it and would be nice if someone could explain it to me or refer me somewhere where I could understand it better. I guess I would be looking for a pick 5 wheel since its what I been working on.

Thanks in advance

Icewynd

Hi Gost,

Welcome to the forum!

Wheels can be a good way to combine a bunch of numbers into playable combinations, but they do have some shortcomings.

Wheels come in several variations. A full wheel will combine your picks into all possible combinations. This will guarantee a win if the winning numbers are among your picks, but it can get expensive.

Compressed or reduced wheels give a reduced guarantee (e.g. 3 match if you pick 5 numbers correctly), but they are much more economical to play.

You can also have wheels that hold one number (a "banker") constant across all the combinations. These can be helpful if you have a favorite number or if you think one number is sure to come out in the next draw.

You can also have wheels that restrict the numbers by position, so that you don't end up with weird combinations like 1-2-5-6-7.

Lotto Logix has a good introduction to wheels, here:

http://www.lotto-logix.com/wheeling.html

Otherwise, try searching for Pick 5 wheels.

Good luck!
:thumb:

gost

Okay so how does compressed and reduced wheels pick the combinations? Are they picking randomly from the pool of numbers?

I been searching quite a while for a pick 5 but there are so many out there and most you have to pay and also some are weird sites that don't appear trustworthy.

Lotto-Logix wheel section has i guess different types of wheels but it says to print it out and write your numbers down. I'm not sure how that works could u enlighten me? Otherwise if you know of a pick 5 wheel that you could recommend that would be awesome.

Icewynd

Sorry, Gost, I don't know of a Pick 5 wheel. We don't have that game where I play. Although, Powerball Wheels should work, or wheels designed for any other 5 number game.

How a compressed wheel works is to include all or most of certain groups of numbers. For example, you could make all the pairs that exist in your group of picked numbers and then include each pair with 3 other digits to make a 5 digit combination. This would give you a guarantee of a 3 number prize, or possibly a 95% guarantee of a 3 number prize, depending on the total number of combinations, as each 5 digit combination has 10 unique combinations of 3 digits, 5 unique combinations of 4 digits and 1 unique combination of 5 digits. The skill in building the wheel is to maximize the number of unique combinations while minimizing the total number of lines to play.

Generally, how you play a wheel is like a simple code -- you assign one of your picked digits to one of the places in the wheel, for example you pick 1,2,5,6,7,19,23,24,27,29 for a 10 digit wheel. You then assign one of those digits to each of the wheel digits or letters A=1,B=2, C=5, D=6, E=7, F=19, G=23, H=24, I=27, J=29. Then transform the wheel combinations into your digits. So A E F G J would become 1 7 19 23 29.

Hope that makes sense.

Good luck!

gost

I think I get it now. Do you use those wheels on lotto-logix or do u use a software of some kind? I'm basically trying to find out what wheels lottery players are using nowadays that are reliable. Most of my searches have resulted in sites that u have to pay or become some type of premium member.

I did come across this website steveplayer.com but im not sure if its a good wheel for a pick 5. I think its a 4of5 if9.

Thanks for your responses so far :)

Icewynd

I do use the lotto-logix wheels. Since I play a pick 6 lottery they are useful. Also, the lotto logix site owner knows a lot about wheels, so I respect what he selects to put on his site.

I also have some wheels that I purchased from Stephan Vandevelde which emphasize playing all the pairs in a set of numbers. I believe he also does Pick 5 wheels.

Steve Player has been around for years, but I've never purchased any of his systems, so I can't comment.

Good luck!

gost

I looked up Stephan Vandevelde and he does have a pick 5 wheel that covers all 2 pairs but I couldnt find what percentage covers the 2 pairs. I would like a wheel that can almost guarantee 3 picks maybe 95%.

Where did you purchase the wheels from Vandevelde? is it a book?

Do you use covermaster?

Icewynd

Vandevelde's wheels only guarantee a pair. The advantage of such a small guarantee is that it keeps the total number of lines down. I think I downloaded these as an e-book.

You will often get 3 or even 4 of the winners with these wheels because the numbers match a pair plus one other number in the combo or 2 pairs. I don't know if he publishes the percent coverage for results other than a pair.

I have never used covermaster, but it is a free download. My understanding is that it is a superb tool for evaluating wheels or creating your own, but that the learning curve is a little steep.

I believe Illya Blushkov (sp?) has a book of pick 5 wheels on Amazon. His wheels are supposed to be mathematically superior, but give a lot of lines to play.

Good luck!

gost

By lines you mean tickets/combinations? I saw Vandevelde's wheel for pick 5 and it looks interesting but its the free one all other are on his book.

I tried covermaster but you dont lie, trying to learn it its extremely difficult especially for someone like me that just learned what a wheel is a few days ago so ill prolly just leave it alone for now.

Thanks for the help Icewynd I got a few wheels here and there just gonna test them out without actually playing real money first and see how it works for me.

gost

Hi bloubul thanks for the welcome. I been messing with covermaster a little bit but I still don't quite understand it all the way. I need to put more time into it, are you good with it?

Ill take a look into that article but is the writer legit?

bloubul

Hi gost

CoverMaster is plain, but it can only generate wheels from pick 3 to a pick 7 with max 6if7, that's all I use, I do not substitute my numbers with the wheel I have created with CoverMaster in CoverMater, I do it in excel.

About the writer(s) of the article..... there is a web address on top. So it's open to all to leave a comment...... as long the comment is clean, no vulgar comments please....

BlouBul :cool:

jack

Hello ice, I need your help in excel, to create wheels with some selecionados' digits
* example
Select the digits Flata the last sweepstakes, lacked = 2,3,4,9
And I repeat a = 8.0 the lottery is 60/6
* So I type in a field the digits that want the wheels = 0,2,3,4,8,9
* The macro will generate combinations with these digits selected the topic, divided digit initial and final position
* I want the initial digit = 0,2,3
I want the final digit = 4,8,9

madam

bloubul: I got thru' to CM and have tried it a few times on paper to some advantage. Small question. Is their a program or method where by the machine could do the picked #'s to be substituted into the wheeling #'s. I find that I sometimes make a mistake in the substituting.

blitzed

hiya gost, I already have some Pick5/39 wheels programmed for up to 30picks on this webpage:
http://crazynuts.hollosite.com/california_fantasy5_lottery/

goodluck!
blitzed:thumb:

other pick5 lottery wheel resources:
http://www.wheelworld.net/info.php?R=WWN&P=WheelSel&S=ITM:Pick 5 Wheel&V=1
http://www.ccrwest.org/cover/HIGH.html
http://www.weefs-lottosysteme.de/systeme,5,en.htm
http://hem.bredband.net/b599956/wheels/Lotto-Wheels/full/pick5.htm

gost said:
I been working on the Florida Fantasy 5 lately using my own strategy to pick numbers and for the first time today I came across these lottery wheels. All I know so far is that it picks sets from a pool of numbers that you have chosen. I know very little of it and would be nice if someone could explain it to me or refer me somewhere where I could understand it better. I guess I would be looking for a pick 5 wheel since its what I been working on.

Thanks in advance

Sidebar