Need help with Lotto Logic Pro 2002 Version 6.0

dowjones

Hi all,

I'm trying out the "range finder" function for this software but still can't figure out how to use this.

After I click the "auto calculate" button, I am informed that the best range is "38". H/W, there is a "39" option for the pulldown menu. Question, am I supposed to select "39" or "38". Question: why is there an extra range number to be selected?

Question: what is the best number of draws to use, with the choices ranging from 1 to 5?

Question: should we include bonus numbers for the range finder analysis?

Many thanks for your time and attention.

LT

Administrator
Hi dowjones

I'm not familiar with Lotto Logic Pro and not exactly sure about what you are seeking but I think I can help a bit. Are you refering to a 649 game? If so then my advice is to do the analysis without the bonus number. Use a draw range of 25 to 50 as in a 649 game it usually takes at least 25 drwas for all numbers to show up. Sometime a number can go cold for 60+ draws. Do not use really cold numbers with the the theory that they are "due" but after they do come back from a big sleep they are worthy candidates for a series of catchup hits. 10 draws is a good average for you to define your hot numbers. These are just very basic suggestions but hope they help. You will be able to find a lot more specifit info about announcers etc here by reading other posts.

dowjones said:
Hi all,

I'm trying out the "range finder" function for this software but still can't figure out how to use this.

After I click the "auto calculate" button, I am informed that the best range is "38". H/W, there is a "39" option for the pulldown menu. Question, am I supposed to select "39" or "38". Question: why is there an extra range number to be selected?

Question: what is the best number of draws to use, with the choices ranging from 1 to 5?

Question: should we include bonus numbers for the range finder analysis?

Many thanks for your time and attention.

If V are the balls in the barrel and K are drawn,
the Expected Range can be calculated mathematicaly
for *any* Lotto Game as follows:

Range=(V+1)(1-2/(K+1))

For a 49/6 game Expected Range=(49+1)(1-2/(6+1)) =35.714
For a 47/7 game Expected Range=(47+1)(1-2/(7+1)) =36.000
For a 70/20 game Expected Range=(70+1)(1-2/(20+1))=64.238

IHIH

Nick Koutras

dowjones

Further info

Hi LT and Nick,

To elaborate, I'm playing a 45 + 1 game in Singapore.

One reason why I am experimenting with this software is because IMHO, the range finder of this software uses "neural network" like technologies to find the best range, rather than using maths, which is equally valid from another point of view. BTW, I used Nick's formula and actually got the same result (33 draws) as Ion Saliu's (hope I got his name right) FFG formula (at 99% expectation).

But, back to the range finder point, please have a look at the following info quoted from the help file of the software:-

"Range Finder Overview
Range Finder’s main function is to find the best possible range of past draws to use, which shows a promising amount of matches accumulated over 1 to 5 past draws. What Range Finder does is compare up to 5 past draws against the Hot and Due numbers at that time, never including the pick it’s comparing in the overall calculation. As an example, let’s say there are 100 past draws entered. Range Finder starts by calculating what the Hot and Due numbers in the range of 1 to 99 would be. It doesn’t include the 100th draw because this is used to compare against the Hot and Due numbers. It acts like it doesn’t know the outcome of the next draw after 99 and removes the 100th set of numbers for comparison. Next, it will take out the 99th set of numbers (and the 100th draw is already removed). It then recalculates the Hot and Due numbers at this time (which would be 1 to 98) and then compares the 99th draw to see how things match up. Next, it will take out the 98th set of numbers (and the 99th and 100th draws are already removed). It then recalculates the Hot and Due at this time and then compares the 98th draw to see how things match up. This continues until 1 to 5 past draws have been compared (Later you will learn how to change the past draws compared from anywhere between 1 and 5). Once it has checked all the past draws specified, it now moves to the range of 2 to 99 and repeats the above pattern. Then it will move to 3 to 99, 4 to 99, 5 to 99 and so on repeating the pattern above. Once it has run through the entire database of past draws, it stores these results in the top right corner of the first two tabs under the pull down. Now, let’s say Lotto Logic 2002’s powerful Range Finder feature, not found in any other lottery program, reads 78 and 89 past draws as the ranges with the most matches overall. You can switch to either of these ranges and select Hot and/or Due numbers from the range of past draws that you decide to use.

Written by: Richard Timer"

Any comments are welcome!

Cheers!

Sidebar