Missing Numbers

bloubul

I'm looking for a formula / macro to find the missing numbers as they appear and then disappear again.
All the RED columns with the "#" in front are the count of the missing numbers indicated in black. These numbers are obtainted from various filters, what I would like is that it shows me where the number(s) keep on appearing and than disappears, I do suffers from vision so I do not always sees the numbers.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wek1miwto5e8cye/Missing+Numbers.xlsx/file

BlouBul :cool:

Frank

Bloubul, just to let you know that I did look at your spreadsheet, and was unable to understand it. I could not see any relationships between the numbers in red and the missing numbers they were supposed to be counting. I could not identify any process which said “ here is a number that isn’t missing” and “ now it is missing” so add one to the counter. If there was a time scale, it wasn’t obvious where it was. It wasn’t making sense , so there was nothing I could do. I notice you have now deleted it.

bloubul

Hi Frank thanks for the reply. If you look in column A:A, That is only the count for missing numbers in column B:B, so there is only 8 missing numbers in column B:B, so it goes for all the other columns. I use WinnaLotto to generate combo's and these are the missing numbers of the various combinations. The numbers with the blue background are the winning numers of the next draw, but as you can see for example #7 appear than disappears and than re-appears again. I want to follow that trend. I hope it make any sense.

BlouBul :cool:

Frank

Well its no wonder I couldn't understand it. When you said the reds were counts of the missing numbers to the right, I thought you meant 7 had been missing once, 11 had been missing twice, 14 had been missing 3 times etc.(column C). So the reds are just counts of how many numbers are in the column ?
Therefore the red numbers are irrelevant to the problem you are trying to solve then.
To keep track of the missing or non missing of numbers I have done a table below yours.

I am assuming that the highest number is 36, since you dont mention it. I am assuming that time runs left to right, each pair of columns to the right being the next draw, since you dont mention it.

In order to align the checking with the missing numbers which happen every alternate column, my table is in black in columns where your red numbers are. It shows an "M" where a number is missing above, displaying it opposite the missing number in column A. An empty (non black) cell means the ball is NOT missing, it must have reappeared.
I hope this is what you meant.
It would have been tidier if the draws were not in alternate columns, and it means copying the formulas across to the right to make room for more draws must be done bearing this in mind, copying pairs of columns across.
Thats all I can do for now as your layout stands, it could probably be tidied up with a macro, but I dont have time for that right now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/453gq8niuu4urq4/Missing+Numbers.xls/file

Sidebar