Markov.exe

bloubul

Hi All

Does any one have Markov.exe. Yes I know that it is a DOS Programme. What I would like to know is how to get it working. When we open it, it is just blank.

I got a copy from a friend but we don't know how to get started with it.

Please help

BlouBul :cool:

Frank

Are you running it in DOSbox? If not I suggest you watch a few videos about using DOSbox to run Dos programs. I am not speaking from experience, I just Googled "How to run DOS programs in Windows 10". If you are in Win 7 you need to change the search to suit.

bloubul

Frank

Sorry for my late reply but I was under the weather with flu for a couple of days.

I don't have Dropbox, but will download it to day.

numbersix

Hello
Can anyone send me Markov.exe download's link please

<<< email address removed >>>

Last edited by a moderator:

saliu

I participated in this very forums when the Markov Chains debate started. If you google markov chains lottery you can see a thread here.

Apparently my site was the only repository of a free lotto program named markov.exe by Christiano Lopes (who also posted here).

The program is 32-bit software and runs in 32-bit/64-bit Windows (including version 10). But markov runs only at the command prompt as it requires command-line parameters. The software is well-presented on my site. I created also a small help file for the markov lotto program. I was notified that there were problems with the download link. I fixed the link (.exe was missing) and it works now. If the links will be accepted here:

http://saliu.com/Markov_Chains.html
http://saliu.com/freeware/markov.exe

If the links are not accepted, you gotta google more specifically; e.g. markov.exe lotto and then select the saliu website.

bloubul

Saliu
Please tell me where I miss the bus.

This what I'm doing but no output.
C:\cd\Markov

C;\Markov>SA.DAT Markov.OUT

C:\Markov> SA.DAT Markov.OUT

C:\Markov> SA.DAT SA.OUT

C:\Markov> <SA.DAT> Markov.OUT
The syntax of the command is incorrect.

C:\Markov><SA.DAT> Markov.OUT

C:\Markov>

saliu

Saliu
Please tell me where I miss the bus.

This what I'm doing but no output.
C:\cd\Markov

C;\Markov>SA.DAT Markov.OUT

C:\Markov> SA.DAT Markov.OUT

C:\Markov> SA.DAT SA.OUT

C:\Markov> <SA.DAT> Markov.OUT

C:\Markov><SA.DAT> Markov.OUT

C:\Markov>

“You missed the bus” when you started to read the instructions (MarkovHelp.txt)!

First off, you must have a data file in the correct format: text file, exactly 6 numbers per line separated by spaces and sorted in ascending order. This is a fragment from my 6-number data file (PA-6):
4 6 11 24 29 34
5 11 13 31 39 43
9 17 23 28 32 39
1 3 17 23 32 44
7 9 26 31 35 40
15 31 35 37 43 44
2 4 13 29 31 39
10 17 30 32 39 49
8 10 18 26 33 38
8 25 26 27 40 43

Two, the command line is strict. In my case:

C:\Lotto6>markov < PA-6 > PA-6-markov.OUT

In your case:

C:\Markov>markov < SA.DAT > SA.DAT-markov.OUT

If everything is OK, the program runs and terminates in a few seconds with a kinduv weird message: “No WORD, so exited!” You just look for the output file to open in a text editor.

In my case, the PA-6 data file had 1539 lines. The PA-6-markov.OUT output file had 20 6-number combinations (unsorted):
4 14 39 41 2 10
13 28 48 49 4 11
13 16 23 38 1 8
15 16 33 37 39 47
7 9 13 18 26 35
47 5 9 36 40 42
3 13 16 25 28 40
6 13 16 39 42 44
4 11 39 49 10 15
25 41 19 24 26 31
41 42 48 1 4 17
22 29 32 44 48 6
10 19 35 48 4 6
13 18 19 31 43 4
5 10 11 15 21 28
39 42 44 2 21 25
26 1 10 15 17 39
42 44 17 21 26 30
43 11 17 19 27 32
3 4 12 16 18 19

You can sort the combosnations in my software (SORTING.EXE). Check them out in your game (if it is 6/49). Who knows, they might hit a good prize soon enough!

If you do a google as per my previous post, you’ll find an illuminating discussion here, in Lotto Forums:
http://www.lottoforums.com/lottery/showthread.php/1271-Markov-Software
(“Markov Software”).
The thread was started by the author of markov.exe: thornc (real name Cristiano Lopes “Don’t-Call-Me-Ronaldo”).

Patience and attention are required! Thanks to all who notified me about broken links to some of my downloads, especially freeware (as the case with markov.exe and CoolRevGui.exe by the same thornc).

Good luck, guys!

Ion Saliu

martor54

Quoted from Saliu's site:

MARKOV < DrawsFile > OutputFile

If there is no error message at the end of the run, just open the OutputFile in a text editor (Notepad, MDIEditor And Lotto WE, etc.)

An example with a lottery data file:

MARKOV < LOTTO-6.DAT > MARKOV-6.OUT

Separate all parameters by k one blanspace. Don't leave out the < and > signs. They signify input and output, respectively.

{unquote}

saliu

I checked the results of PA-6-markov.OUT with the real results in Pennsylvania Lottery. The last draw in PA-6 when I ran markov.exe was: 4 6 11 24 29 34. It was followed by 5 drawings (as of last night). They have daily drawings in PA, but the lottery forces you to accept 2 quick picks for every combonation of your own! I hate it and avoid that game…

PA-6-markov.OUT had match-3 hits in the next 5 draws. Not a profit, but clearly better than playing a lotto wheel. It did hit 3 of 6 in the very next draw (#5)… still not a profit.

PA-6-markov.OUT was the result of a single run. The degree of certainty is very, very low to get a high prize in a single run, or just a few runs. If repeating the run a number of times (I’d say 50+ runs), the winning chances undoubtedly rise. As the Fundamental Formula of Gambling (FFG) demonstrates:

• “The degree of certainty DC rises exponentially with the increase in the number of trials N while the probability p is always the same or constant.
  • Simultaneously, the opposite event, the losing chance, decreases exponentially with an increase in the number of trials.”

Here is the report created by Super Utilities, the Check Winners function –

LOTTO-6 Winning Number Checking - With 3-hits
Files: PA-6-markov.OUT (20) against PA-6 (5)
Date: 05-11-2018

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Line Combinations 6 5 4 3
no. Checked Hits Hits Hits Hits
1 2 4 10 14 39 41 in draw # 1
17 1 10 15 17 26 39 in draw # 5
Total Hits: 0 0 0 2

If
Code:
 not accepted here, open the report in Notepad for correct viewing.

PS
This is a primitive text editor, I should add. There is no code formatting, so you won’t have a good view in Notepad either…

saliu

I just created a batch file to automate the running of markov.exe. Instead of typing the program name, then the two filenames, every time, you just type a short batch file name.

I named the file mark.bat and it has one line only:
markov < PA-6 > PA-6-markov.OUT

Make sure you press Enter at the end of the line. Change the two file names to suit your needs. Be careful not to add or delete any spaces. The batch file must reside in the directory (folder) that hosts markov.exe and your lotto-6 data file. Mine is in the Ultimate Lotto6 folder.

Type mark at the command prompt; e.g.
C:\Markov>mark
(don’t forget to press Enter)!

You can run the batch file again and again simply by pressing the up arrow. You’ll see on screen mark; just press Enter to run the batch file again.

The Command Prompt is a great environment, especially if you follow my easy instructions:
http://saliu.com/gambling-lottery-lotto/command-prompt.htm

I ran the batch file several times in a couple of minutes. The output file consisted of hundreds of lines every time. I think you should repeat it until you get 20 or so lines.

In my case, I always use Markov Chains, including with my own software, to LIE Eliminate those combinations from play. I know with high certainty that the markovs won’t get me good prizes the very next drawing. That type of lotto strategy is also called reversed strategy:
http://saliu.com/reverse-strategy.html

Remember always that nothing works better in lottery than the Command Prompt — period.

Good luck, guys!

Ion Saliu

jack

Hello how to create a mathematical system of three layers or columns = hot, cold and medium
* No markoy
* So we can create an example filter
Hot = 3 cold 1 and averages 2 in the lottery 60/6
* We can give tolerance in the width of the filter, to cross with the lasts digits
In addition to odd and even, we can use the filter, positive and negative
* Ex = positive and negative filter by vertical position
** 12 15 25 36 41 52 = last draw basis
** 10 16 24 35 40 58
*** N p n n n p 4/2=postive/ negative
Pairs and Odds = 5/1
last digit=0,4,5,6,8

jack

hello!!!Below is a short list of what I found within the lottery and which may be an incentive for future generations:
Information Theory (Shannon);
Thermodynamic Theory (Boltzmann, Clausius, Carnot, Gibbs and Von Helmholtz);
Differential and Integral Calculus (Newton and Leibniz);
Fluids mechanics (Green, Stokes);
Theory of Potential;
Chaos theory;
Theory of Numbers;
Binary;
Topology (Graphs);
Probability;
Statistic;
Linear algebra;
Vector Analysis;
Trigonometry;
Fourier analysis;
Fourier scattering;
Signal Analysis (Convolution);
Linearly Time Invariant Systems (LTI);
Laplace transforms;
Dynamic Systems;
Markov chains;
Superposition Theorem;
Superposition of States;
Packet routing (layer 3 of the OSI model);
TCP / IP networks;
Data compression algorithms;
Cryptography (block cipher)
Neural Networks (Artificial Intelligence);
Concepts and techniques of multiple access: FDMA, TDMA and CDMA;
Spectral Scattering;
Gaussian noise;

Frank

Jack,

Perhaps you could explain to us all how your last three posts is helping Bloubul to run his Markov.exe file , the title of this topic ?
Do you not realise that by interrupting the flow of conversation with unrelated off topic posts that you create confusion?

bloubul

Ion Saliu

I'm trying to download your batch file called mark.exe but can not find it on your site.

Sidebar