Markov Chains in lottery

Lucas

Hello there !

I think I found a way of mixing two Markov chains in order to predict the next combination.
First consider these probabilities :

P1(i,j) = P( ball j is extracted at combination n+1, given that the ball i was extracted at combination n)

and

P2(i,j) = P(ball j is extracted after ball i in the same combination)

Now, consider the last combination :

C(n) : a1, a2, a3, a4, a5, a6

and you want to predict the next one.

For this, consider X(n) the probabilistic distribution of numbers at combination n :

| 1 2 3 ... a1... a2 ... a3 ... a4 ... a5 ... a6 ... 49 |
X(n) = | |
| 0 0 0 ... 1/6.. 1/6...1/6....1/6....1/6....1/6.... 0 |

I consider p(a1)=p(a2)=...=p(a6) because they all contribute equally to the next outcome.

Now, using the first markov chain, you get the following distribution :

X(n+1) = X(n) * P1

Now let's say b1, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6 are the numbers to predict.
And now take
b1 = the number with the maximum probability in the distribution of X(n+1).
This is the first number in the combination we try to find out.

Now, using the second Markov chain, we get the other 5 numbers : b2, b3, b4, b5, b6.

First, let's say Y(n) = the distribution of the combination at moment n. Then, we have Y(1) : b1=100% the initial distribution.

Then you calculate Y(2) = Y(1) * P2 and choose b2 as the maximum from the resulting distribution.
To find b3, you follow the same algorithm : Y(3) = Y(2) * P2, and so on, until you come up with all the six numbers.
And this is all. I know it's an heuristic algorithm, where you only consider the local optimum, but it may work.

I would like to know your suggestions

:wavey:
Lucas

thornc

I tried something like that some time ago!

My implementation was very simple and if the conditions were right I would hit some 3in6; but most of the time I would hit nothing!

But feel free to try it and share the results...

I can even offer myself to code something if you need!

lottery systems

My husband and i have develpoed a system that uses your destiny number (numerology) to caculate the numbers based on past drawings for example if your destiny number is 8 it will go back from the last 8 numbers draw dates and start caculating those numbers to give the best 12 numbers for the next drawing. i have been testing the system for Ga lottery and also have a friend in arizona and a friend in kentucky, that will be testing for the next 30 days i will let you know the results on the system after the 30 days.

Re: lottery systems

mysticinsight said:
My husband and i have develpoed a system that uses your destiny number (numerology) to caculate the numbers based on past drawings for example if your destiny number is 8 it will go back from the last 8 numbers draw dates and start caculating those numbers to give the best 12 numbers for the next drawing. i have been testing the system for Ga lottery and also have a friend in arizona and a friend in kentucky, that will be testing for the next 30 days i will let you know the results on the system after the 30 days.
Be honest with us this was your husband idea only wasn't It?? :agree:

Lottery systems

Actually it was my idea, my hubby does not play the lottery.
I wanted a system that was better than the ones i was useing
and being a professional astrologer and have studied the charts of lotto winners for the past 12 years I wanted a system that was a more personal system ( considering my chart indicates a possible lotto jackpot win in september 2004). I wanted to have every possible advantage to increase my odds. But he is the programmer and together i hope that we have come up with
something that will help others to increase their odds.

Brad

Did you mean Astronomer??

Hmmm ... what's a 'professional Astrologer'? Are there diploma courses one could take for that? Or is it kinda like a 'professional Psychic'?

Btw: have you ever seen a headline that said "Astrologer wins the JackPot" ?? :dizzy:

My first impression is that this discussion belongs in Anything Goes rather than in Lottery Systems :notme:

Re: Lottery systems

mysticinsight said:
Actually it was my idea, my hubby does not play the lottery.
I wanted a system that was better than the ones i was useing
and being a professional astrologer and have studied the charts of lotto winners for the past 12 years I wanted a system that was a more personal system ( considering my chart indicates a possible lotto jackpot win in september 2004). I wanted to have every possible advantage to increase my odds. But he is the programmer and together i hope that we have come up with
something that will help others to increase their odds.
Good one!!! :lol: :agree2:

thornc

There goes a scientific discussion about mathmatical components like Markov chains, Monte Carlo runs and Probability theory.... I was even considering some kalman filters....

Off course this is all useless now that Astrology has come in! Science can't beat magic..... :rolleyes: :dang:

(I already took out this from my notification list!)

lottery systems

I am sorry that I made this sound like an astrological system
it is not. It has the matmatical caculations behind it. I just wanted to make it more personal by useing the numerology. that way
each persons individual numbers that are caculated are diffrent.
For example most systems require the last 10 drawings to start their caculations right. and so if you have 10 people or 100 people in the same state useing that system then they all are going to get the same numbers to play right.
With the system we created if your destiny number is 7 and your neighbors is 9 then the system for you would be the last 7 drawings to caculate your numbers to play and the last 9 for your neighbor so in turn you will get a different set of numbers to play than that of your neighbor.

savagegoose

ahh i was working on a theory of karmic substitution.

whereby i replace my karma with that of those that deserve to win.

all those with unsuesd karme please place in an evelope and post to

Brad

thornc said:
There goes a scientific discussion about mathmatical components like Markov chains, Monte Carlo runs and Probability theory.... I was even considering some kalman filters....

Off course this is all useless now that Astrology has come in! Science can't beat magic..... :rolleyes: :dang:

(I already took out this from my notification list!)
Sorry thornc,

you're absolutely right of course for this has nothing to do with Markov. May have to start another thread or threads to make sense of this jumble.

Back to astrology for a bit though ... Gail Howard has a section (a chart) in her program called Lotto Astro Scope. I tried it but it didn't seem to make any difference. It is possible that my scientific mind was clouded, shall we say, with a certain predisposition. Either that or I couldn't see the 'right' numbers through tears of laughter :D .

Brad

Ok, this is the last one ... I promise!

My friend works with this stuff, wanted me to join his Astro business but I declined ... I like natural turf too much :D

peter

Re: Ok, this is the last one ... I promise!

Brad said:
My friend works with this stuff, wanted me to join his Astro business but I declined ... I like natural turf too much :D
Only in B.C. do they love grass this much.:lol:

Sidebar