Macro to check match and highliht for lotto

khanaran

Hi All

I have a results sheet for the lotto

I have a small formula that check the results and records it into a table.

After that, the second table undergoes a subtraction routine and records result taking the first cell and subtracting the second cell. It does it for each ball in the line

Next it checks to see if in line 1 a number matches i line two

I attach a file spreadsheet and trust to help to highlight what I wish to achieve

http://www.mediafire.com/file/efkwewkbi9tj9w5/macro+helper+for+lotto+pb.xlsx

Thankk you

Raj

khanaran

Hi

I am attaching a new file with more explanation as what I hope to achieve.

The aim of this exercise is find a match between two rows and once the match is found, a formula need to be written or a macro which will copy the two concurrent cells that match and record the numbers into two cells respectively. Thereafter calculate the sum between the two cells and if its greater than 49, subtract 49 from the sum-total. and the last column will be result minus 49

Thank you in anticipation

Raj

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4kzml2lhq84y8y5/match+and+copy.xlsm

Frank

Well in case you were wondering why nobody replied to your request, I think that everyone like me was baffled as to what you were doing and why you were doing it. Your first attempt to explain it failed leaving me scratching my head, and your second attempt was even worse. Making the muddy waters even cloudier. You really dont want to waste peoples time wondering what on earth you are doing. More importantly, is there any point to this ??? For me to help you, you have to be CLEAR as to what you are doing, why you are doing it and what the point of it all is. My time is precious and I dont want to die of old age trying to figure it out.

You seem to be comparing differences between drawn balls and then looking at the next draw to find the same difference? when you do find a match you want to know which two balls made that difference. However this happens in more than one draw so there are two (or more) sets of balls in adjacent draws having this difference. Sometimes the same difference (as the other draw) happens in the same draw more than once and it all gets messy. Whats the point ?

On your second attempt in range S20:X34 you started off comparing the top row with the row below using the MATCH function. Then on the row below you then compared that with the row above, working the match both ways ???
As you probably found when you had 2 sixes (differences) on the same row, when you used the match function depending on whether the row you were looking FROM had (say 2 sixes) or whether the row you are looking TO had 2 sixes, only one direction finds both matches with another row. You dont say whether this matters or not. Once these matches (which differ depending on whether you compare with the row above or the row below) are identified, you needed to then tabulate the pair of balls responsible for the difference ? I think there was more after this but Ive no idea what it was.

Well I dont want to waste any more time, so I've made 2 tables, one using your S20:X34 match table, but set to look the same way all the way down (look for a match in the row above).

The other looking in the opposite direction (to the row below) to find any matches missed by the other table. They do return the pair of balls making that difference, but is this what you wanted ? I cant get excited about number differences, numerology or digit juggling, I'd love to know what the point of this is. Perhaps you can enlighten me?

https://www.mediafire.com/?9c9p8srdy85w78s

khanaran

Hi Frank

Yes I agree with you . I did realize that I was not getting responses and appreciate your input.

I rechecked my translation of the document that was originally written in Italian

My translator did not do a good job.

I have since re translated the document using another translator and the document now makes more sense.

I will attach the document and I will re look at my sheet.

Thank you once again for all your help

I am really sorry for giving you "grey hairs"with my sheets but am learning all the time with your time ans patience

Frank

Hi Khanaran,

i had had no idea that a document was involved, or that it was originally written in Italian. Are you Italian then? I thought it was you describing the spreadsheet. If someone in Italy invented whatever you are doing, then it's important you understand what they are trying to tell you, so that you can tell us. :lol3:
You need to convince me that there is a point to all this, or I will be unable to help you.

khanaran

Hi Frank

Yes the document was written by Alesanndro Vengi in Italian. I am not Italian but South African of Indian descent.

I observed his method over a period of time and found that his method produced a number of singles and doubles as well as Bonus predictions.

I may have not explained correctly what I needed to achieve with automating the sheet like the other.

I have completed the translation and will pop in here shortly how the method works.

I normally did the calculations manually and planned to have excel help with doing so automatically, therefore the request and I appreciate your time that you spend with me making me understand how the programme works which I highly appreciate.

Thank you once again for all your help

Raj

Sidebar