LT: a suggestion...

thornc

After reading some posts around here I had an idea, don't hesitate to tell me if it is too far fetched...

What about creating a webpage, listing the achivements of the members here, like big wins, great guesses! Post numbers etc...

Something like:

10 September 2003: 2000 Members line reached!!
20 June 2000: Member Y posts his 1000 post...
1st April 1999: MemberX hits 5 in lotto A.

It might seem difficult to do, but it would be cool!!

How do you all think, specially you LT!

Last edited by a moderator:

LT

Administrator
Yes .. I think that is a good idea :)
The major accomplishments are already heralded in the various sections but it wouldn't be a problem to put up a pinned thread in the announcements area for a more permenant recogition of big wins and super number predictions etc.
If evetone want this I'll do it. Thanks for the suggestion.

peter

LT said:
Yes .. I think that is a good idea :)
The major accomplishments are already heralded in the various sections but it wouldn't be a problem to put up a pinned thread in the announcements area for a more permenant recogition of big wins and super number predictions etc.
If evetone want this I'll do it. Thanks for the suggestion.
WE could call it the Dennis Bassboss post.:lol:
P.S. to My buddy Dennis, just kidding buddy, no desrespect intended, just thought it would be funny.
P.S, P.S., BTW, Dennis does a great job reviewing and commenting on all the posts after each draw, and I enjoy those comments immensly. :agree2: :wavey:

LT I am not really interested in this ...I am not posting my numbers and stuff to obtain any glory in that matter..So if you do it please leave me out of it !
It seems to be just the same to me as a special recognition of some kind ...and even if some members have expressed in the past the desire that I should have a special status of some kind I simply refused then and I still very humbly think that it is not necessary...And if I ever see something like it that involves some of my posts I would no longer post ! The first and only step toward recognition is to post some numbers under a lottery thread .....no need for anything else...And I for one believe that it is the only way to make a judgement on some systems and maths that are claiming to be better when in fact they are obsolete from the standards and perspectives of many great players that are and have been around for quite a while here...The lottery thread is where you must show what you have to show...In my point of wiew no other place is necessary....But don't get me wrong here...I have nothing against others doing it if it is their desire...But please not for me!

peter

So the World Health Organization, has issued a travel alert or warned against travel to Toronto, Ban or no ban, who would want to travel to Toronto anyways. Even on a good day.:lol:

Beaker

peter said:
So the World Health Organization, has issued a travel alert or warned against travel to Toronto, Ban or no ban, who would want to travel to Toronto anyways. Even on a good day.:lol:
Jackpot winners like me :p: :lol:

thornc

:dang: I didn't though about glory or bragging when I came up with this.
My main idea was to keep a history of the achievements here, not only of lotto but others too! My idea was to try to increase the sense of community here; for example the birthday calendar is a good step to help in this task.

From what I can tell right now, there are a few of what we may call active members, then various participating members, many single digit/double digit posters and lots of no posters at all, people who just register to read some posts and never come back!

I thought that a history would be just another small feature that would encourage members to stay around!!

peter said:
Maybe the Montreal Canadian won't go to the Leafs golf tournament this year....Because no Leaf players will be there also... :lol:
The paradox in this is that these tournaments are existing to raise funds for the Hospitals and sick people!
Leafs :mad2: Canadien :mad4:
Ottawa :lol: Canucks:laugh:

Beaker

thornc said:
:dang: I didn't though about glory or bragging when I came up with this.
My main idea was to keep a history of the achievements here, not only of lotto but others too! My idea was to try to increase the sense of community here; for example the birthday calendar is a good step to help in this task.

From what I can tell right now, there are a few of what we may call active members, then various participating members, many single digit/double digit posters and lots of no posters at all, people who just register to read some posts and never come back!

I thought that a history would be just another small feature that would encourage members to stay around!!
I think people expect a holy grail here - those that sign up and leave. Thats not going to happen. Granted, taking the time to read what is going on here will make you a better player but if you are not willing to put the time in, there is nothing the community can do. The only way its going to happen is contributions - good bad indifferent:notme:

I can't tell you how many times I've missed - but there are the gems :agree: and I have won because of others on these boards have moved me to winning numbers.

People need to stay and weather the storms before they see the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Trust me, something will happen :agree:

Stay tuned ..:clown:

thornc

Beaker said:

I can't tell you how many times I've missed - but there are the gems :agree: and I have won because of others on these boards have moved me to winning numbers.
Only those that don't play, don't lose!

Trust me, something will happen :agree:
Stay tuned ..:clown:

I'm certain that it will, with such a wide range of people I'm starting to see here its bound to happen.

And I'm planning to tune in very often, in my case I started comming here because of WinHunter, then I posted that markov
thread and after I just plain like to see you members posting
and sharing ideas/numbers, guys like you, peter, dennis (hope that you're not to mad at me), luckystrike, etc... ops and not forgetting randal and the others! It's incredible the way you guys lock in on the numbers in each draw!!! :agree:
The only thing I can add now is :goodluck: to you all on the upcomming draws!

I'm not mad at anyone thornc...I just stopped answering your posts because they're were in them negatives comments made toward my person involving other members one (that had nothing to do with the issue at hand) that I greatly respect (Always have) despite some differences in opinions and style...In respect for the latests wishes of this member I just stopped answering your posts...And another (One of your friend)...If you go back to these posts and read it you will see that I had no hostile intentions at all and no comments were impolite from my part...
Now on another topic my opposition to having our best results on a sort of historical front page is not a bragging issue at all...It is a personnal opinion! And I will say it again if I ever see one of my posts on such an area I'm out pure and simple...I don't need that because I post my numbers in the pick threads and when I'll hit big time many names on this board will shine with mine!
:agree:

winhunter

just a note

I just skimmed the posts here, and what if you just posted a master list of hit counts and a link to the thread/post, without any recognition to the poster. I think we do need a way to keep track of successes though!

Andrew

peter

I think just by tuning in to this forum after each draw, and reviewing the players picks thread, you will know how won what, plus there are always post mortem comments added. I don't think we need a special forum to reconize winners, most players here are quick to congratulate one another, on a well done performance.
I think it is more important to identify the method of success, so we can continue to win more often.

peter said:
I think just by tuning in to this forum after each draw, and reviewing the players picks thread, you will know how won what, plus there are always post mortem comments added. I don't think we need a special forum to reconize winners, most players here are quick to congratulate one another, on a well done performance.
I think it is more important to identify the method of success, so we can continue to win more often.
I agree entirely here! :agree2: :agree:

Maggie

I'm in total agreement with Peters post as well. :agree2:
Most of us usually have congratulations for the ones who do well with their picks.

Sidebar