LotWin Lite - Good news/Bad news

Brad

Lotwin has finally made their Lite version available for free :agree2: as they have been advertising for quite a while ... but the prog seems to be incomplete :dang:

Click here and see if you can sort it out, the actual downloads are ~ half of the indicated 1MB and so far I have not been able to make either one work.

Brad

more on LotWin ...

While on the LotWin ws check out this link . Among many others it has analysis for CN49, ON49 and QC49, no BC49 tho ...

Haven't spent much time on this part but it may be worth another look.

... and here's another interesting one ... the site's been really updated since the last time I visited.

thornc

I've downloaded it and will test it on my laptop later on!!

What I do know is that when they promised this free version to someone that asked for it, I never received it!!!

system13

It works fine, but the formal registration is required,complete the survey on the start of the program and click Register while you`re online, so they`ll send to you your registration code with further instructions.:agree2:

Cheers

P.S not sure about this, but it seems to work only while I´m online,maybe because of that is free in the first place:eek:

thornc

Originally posted by system13
P.S not sure about this, but it seems to work only while I´m online,maybe because of that is free in the first place:eek:

That's bad, it can mean it's just a pice of spyware!! You should get a some tcp sniffer and see if it's sending info back to site!!

system13

actually, thornc, I´m pretty convinced it´s a spyware, it can`t be runed off-line and asks for a connection with their server. Not surprised,though because in the e-mail I got from them in one part they say:

/cut
We are able to offer LotWin Lite free of charge because
it is supported by advertising. Every time you click on
one of the adverts displayed you will be strengthening
our ability to maintain and improve this free service.
When you click on an advert, our strict privacy policy
ensures that none of your personal details are passed to
the advertiser/ :dang:

I should have read that mail more carefully :mad2:

thornc

Ok, time to erase it from my harddisk...
I'm tottally against this spyware stuff!

For me a program has to have a huge value for me to allow to spy on me, display ads like that! At the moment only Opera fills that requirement!

system13

thornc said:
Ok, time to erase it from my harddisk...
I'm tottally against this spyware stuff!

For me a program has to have a huge value for me to allow to spy on me, display ads like that! At the moment only Opera fills that requirement!

agreed,it`s gone from my HD too, although Ad-Aware didn`t find nothing malicious, I just don`t like the concept of online work with aggressive advertising and upon all of that,I didn`t even find them to have the Croatian database,so why bother.

I´d rather buy a full copy,but atm I find their subscription policy repulsive,so I rest my case here.

Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Brad

thornc and system13:

I got the zipped download to work ok, self extracting one gave me problems (something about corrupt temp file).

I am not too concerned about LotWin's spyware 'cuz I did not find any of it to be malicious either.
For registering all that's required is a name and email addy, used my secondary one (most people probably have one of those), rest can be left blank, so that's no big deal.

But ... all my machinations may be in vain as the BC49 history is not available for download so unless I can convince LotWin to include it, or figure a way to import it, I will not be using this prog.

The 'Import' function on Lite is disabled ... wonder if the free trial full version hist file will work ? --> on my to do list, will let you know

Brad

more ...

Can't import, can't manipulate (add to or correct, etc.) history file .... and at the mercy of downloads from Lotwin which only provides last 100 draws and is slow to update, ie: last CN49 draw on file is May28/03

Not good at all :dang:

why bother ?

To ThornC and System13,

Ad-aware won't find anything malicious, so go and get Pest Patrol.
You can get it from Kazaa...

To Brad,

What is your fascination with tons of softwares :lol: Just delete it and put efforts on AI :agree2: or did you lose hope ?

Brad

:lol: :lol: ... leave it to Combo to hit the nail on the head :agree2:

However ... LotWin is great for filtering number sets so if one can come up with a good prediction with more numbers than one normally wheels then feed it to Lite, well you never know ... moot point at present 'cuz no BC49 file do download etc.

PS. my PestPatrol did not find anything bad

THEN YOU ARE OK

Brad,

you are fine then BUT remember to update your version and don't make my mistake ( that's why I was fooled when it told me I had nothing..But when updated it BINGO tons of them showed up )..
So make sure you have the latest patch....

Brad

Thanks for the heads up Combo, got it after I read you post ... seems I had most from my very recent install , no new surprises, from Lite anyway.

Think I remember there is a way to automate new PestControl patch downloads, will have to set it up ... it's a good prog, I'm glad I found it ;)

Brad

BC49 Lite (no daleks, it's not a beer)

I'm waiting for a reply from LotWin, apparently they intended to include BC49 but did not know what the 'missing number' meant, 8th column in file ... I told them to just delete it, we'll see what happens next.

system13

PestPatrol

Thanks for the tip ComboManiac, although this LotWin lite is already gone out of my system, I`ll download PestPatrol to look out for cleaning the house from now on. :agree:

Brad

This one is for thornc

when you saw ...
Goswinus [/i]How about the grid? 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ...<snip> ...[/QUOTE]you posted ...[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by thornc said:
Interesting.... this is exactly how the portuguese betting slips are...
in fact some people there analyse both the lines and columns as they call it!!
... Lite filters/analyses the 7x7 grid vertically, horizontally and diagonally (two ways), something to keep in mind if you start playing the Portuguese Lotto again, though this can apply to any 6/49 lotto.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sidebar