Lotto Tutor Hijacked !

dwoods99

LT, yes it certainly does look like your text and info. Especially since you can still read "Lotto Tutor" in much of the text. It does seem to have data which is quite old, and for instance, the 10-wheel and 20-wheel pages have no links to the actual wheel info. Same for the 'Harmonized Hundred'.

peter

LT,I'm confused, I thought the lotto tutor site, and this one are the same. The other link you provided, is even more confusing, I don't understand how a site containing your information can be posted, how is this possible???:mad: :sick: :dang: :confused:

Beaker

peter said:
LT,I'm confused, I thought the lotto tutor site, and this one are the same. The other link you provided, is even more confusing, I don't understand how a site containing your information can be posted, how is this possible???:mad: :sick: :dang: :confused:
theft allegedly :agree:

Brad

It's been said that Imitation is a form of flattery...in this case it's plain old thievery...ppl like that deserve special treatment:flush:

LT

Administrator
dwoods99 ... your right about the missing links. Not very bright to steal a site's content without all of the pages and also to leave the originating author's name as well :dang:

Beaker and Brad ... you guys have an excellent sense of humour .. your choice of smilies cracks me up :lol:
Thanks for the good suggestion to attack but I think the normal protocols for these things will be enough

peter ... the confusion is understandable and I'm sure others are confused as well. I will try to explain.
Lotto Tutor .. meaning the website domain located at www.lottotutor.com has been on the web since 1996. In 1999 the "LottoTutor" web site commenced a buletin board named the Lotto Tutor Bulletin Board and those forums resided in a directory at Lotto Tutor dot com ie: to go to the bulletin board a person would go to www.lottotutor.com/bulletinboard
There was another lottery topic site on the Internet named Lotto 649 Web Site at a different place - www.lotto649.ws which has been around since 2000
In Feb 2002 the Lotto Tutor Bulletin Board's Question's and Answers section and membership list was amalgamted into the new bulletin board at the Lotto 649 web site. The Lotto Tutor site no longer has a bulletin board but it does have links to its "partner" site at www.lotto649.ws

The internet is generally a great place where we all help each other but the technology can also be abused by the lowest elements of humanity who wish to steal or bluff their way to what they think will give them instant success. Lets say that a low life wishes to have the best site on the web but they do not have the talent, time or $ to produce such a web site, they could go out on the net, find the top site for their particular topic of interest and then copy the content of that site. They then would set up a site of their own, with a different domain name and simply paste the content into their web pages .. just like a cut and paste in a word document.
This is of course unethical and more importantly illegal and would result in servere penalities if caught but these people hope not to get caught. The internet is experiencing an increase in its numbers of imposters and theives but fortunately there are also ever growing methodologies for detection and ramifications for engaging in such behaviours.

Dennis ... I have of course found out everything about the offender and have recorded each digital fingerprint that he has ever placed on the internet since he first turned on a modem.

Brad

LT,

this is a bit off topic but what are your thoughts on using personal info on the net (ie: accessing personal bank accounts, using Visa nrs, etc,)? So far I've been cautious, but heard some horror stories about identity theft and so on...something you said twigged my curiosity, namely
I have of course found out everything about the offender and have recorded each digital fingerprint that he has ever placed on the internet since he first turned on a modem.
I'm sure that a company or ppl of integrity such as yourself would not abuse the info but what's to stop an unscrupulous individual such as the one who 'stole' your site to find out everything about someone like me?
I'd appreciate your input on this but do understand that this may not be the right place ....

Cheers

LT

Administrator
Hi Brad ... not an off topic question at all .. this is the "anything goes forum" :)
Just for background understanding, I'm an internet designer and not a hacker or cracker. I find what is legitimately available on the internet. To discover more is possible but not ethical or legal.
In regards to the person that has stolen the copyrighted content from one of my web sites, I'm referreing to finding out exactly who the person or incorporated entity is, their address in the real world, their servers, ISP and everything that they have placed on the web like sites, newsgroups postings, etc. I'm not seeking his credit card info but that kind of sensitive information could be found out on the internet illicitly :(
Your question about the security of using online banking, visa numbers etc. is a good one and for sure this info could be obtained via the internet. The web is always a matter of spy versus spy. A good encryption system is put into place to protect info and then a hacker breaks the barrier and then a better encryption sytem is put into place and on and on ...
I think that it is really personal choice to use the net for banking and credit card purchases. My wife hates to use her card info on the net when she purchases her web site renewals but I use my credit cards on the net all the time. I'm more worrried about giving my card out at a real world gas station or restaurant as it can be copied and then abused.
IMHO its equally dangerous or safe in either the digital or real world.

dwoods99

I think that it is really personal choice to use the net for banking and credit card purchases. My wife hates to use her card info on the net when she purchases her web site renewals but I use my credit cards on the net all the time. I'm more worrried about giving my card out at a real world gas station or restaurant as it can be copied and then abused.
IMHO its equally dangerous or safe in either the digital or real world. [/B]
I agree :agree2: LT. Personally, I have a visa with a $1000 limit (on purpose) that I use in situations that I am not comfortable with. This includes the local pizza parlor, gas station, internet, etc. At least this way, if something does happen, it limits the damage that can be done.

MonHun

Credit cards on the internet.

:) Using your credit on the internet, is quite safe. It really depends on which credit card you are using, and the agrreements between you, the merchants ,and the credit card company. In todays world it is really seller be aware, not buyer be aware. Here in Australia, the laws and to protect the card holder. If a dispute occurs, the credit card co, credits your (purchaser) account and debits the Merchant account. It is then up to the merchant to valid and prove the charge. Merchants cannot close the bank account which funds are deposited in, for 6 months after the last credit card sale made.
Check to make sure your credit card company protects you. Visa international has very strong buyer protection agreements with all its merchant.:rolleyes:

Florie

Yeah! I agree. Do all my banking transactions thru the net. Even automatic $$ transfer from one bank to the other. How safe? I am not sure but very convenient. Besides, nothing to steal from me just my identity ??. :rolleyes:

Maggie

online banking

I've only just recently started to bank online and I love it. At first I was a little leery but it's just so easy and convenient. I even do it at work, that's how quick it is. I also order from Sears online and again fast and easy. I wonder why I didn't start sooner.

Brad

LT and all,

thanks for your insights and comments.

LT, I didn't mean to imply that you're a "hacker or a cracker" :eek: , I bet their MO is not to set up great web sites such as you have, your integrity was never in question here.

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:

LT

Administrator
LT, I didn't mean to imply that you're a "hacker or a cracker"

Brad .. I did not think that nor did I mean to imply that you did imply that :D I probably phrased my response in a clumsy way :mad: .. just wanted to be clear on my role for anyone reading the thread. With type/text talking it is sometimes difficult to get a perfect meaning across. To help with text communication smiles were invented :lol:

:chug:

Sidebar