Lotto Evaluator

Virbatem

Since when did www.download.com charge for adding software to their listings? Especially when it is FREEEEE software!

Please help create an exceptionally functional lottery program by testing and suggesting enhancements for my software.

http://www.iinet.net.au/~htjs/lottoeval/

Below is what I was preparing to use a a blurb for download.com:

Lotto Evaluator is a versatile programmable lottery ticket generator based on lottery draw histories. Visual manipulation of statistical information allows for easier pattern matching. Incorporates a fully functional wheel generator. Multiple tickets with high potential for wins are generated using programmable ticket generator engines. Each engine can be tested against all past draws to evaluate their success potential. A 'one click' wheel applicator makes applying any of the generated wheels simple. Total configuration of Lotto Evaluator allows for any lottery system to be accomodated.

Brad

I'll have a go at it but can't promise when since yours is the third program in line on my 'to try' list. It looks vaguely familiar, have you offered it on another site (won't mention the name that's not proper etiquette here)?

Cheers

Virbatem

Lotto Evaluator Thanks

Thanks Brad, I know what you mean about having a 'to try' list. I tried many many programs and then thought to myself, "Stuff it, let's get a program written which I can actually understand fully.

It looks vaguely familiar? Interesting since it's totally my own design with the most minimal ideas from other sources and none of them a lottery generator program.

I'll tell you one feature not widely incorporated in other software I have tested: a helpful (if not detailed) help file :)

thornc

I had a quick look at it, and it look interesting and promissing...

I'll try again later... with a decent dificult lotto: 6/90!

Just out of curiosity what programming language are you using?

And Brad I also know what you mean with a look at software list ;) !
:D

Virbatem

Lotto Evaluator Version

Hi Thornc,

I used Visual Basic 6.0 Enterprise and Visual Studio Installer for distribution.

I had begun this project using JavaScript and was quite happy until I started getting ideas and pushing the time envelope of a web browser. I looked at C++ but calculated the time I would require to refamiliarize myself as being excessive.

Except for a few details such as program size, program speed and language versatility, it matters little which language is used. The most important aspect is the functionality of the program. Regardless of how artful the code, 99.9% of all users will only want a pleasant looking program which works.

Beaker

I looked at it and have 2 immediate comments.

1. You need to allow installation in any directory not just c:\program files

2. When I tried to load the Canada data I got an error and the program closed. Now, when I try to load the program I always get that error and the program closes.

Uninstalled until further releases.

gsobier

Beaker:

I know how to get around that... ...you must ERASE all the files left behind after an uninstall.

I would not:no: trust the Canada649.txt because it is too old and could have errors in the data... ...instead, use 649.CSV from BCLC.com... ...it will work fine once you remove "PRODUCT", and "649", from every line.

I don't have much time to fool around with this now, perhaps later on.

I sent you a doctored 649.csv in e-Mail which works just fine:agree:. Make sure the settings jive with the data... ...I'm not sure if it will cause a failure if not correct.

Regards,
George:)
Beaker said:

2. When I tried to load the Canada data I got an error and the program closed. Now, when I try to load the program I always get that error and the program closes.

Virbatem

RTFM

gsobier is probably correct in analysing your problem beaker, you did not change the settings to match the data in the history file for canada.txt. And, again, gsobier is correct in not truting the data, I just downloaded it for testing purposes.

Suggestion 1 noted and will be implemented. The installer I used was new to me and took bout 2 hours of messing around installing and reinstalling before I was satisfied with the results. One problem was attampting to get the shortcuts to point to the correct working folder. Could not. Modified the progam to set it's own working folder...

Comment 2 has always been a concern and is currently being worked on. Checking user input is sometimes difficult and there are always better things to do such as write the rest of the program.

Beaker said:

tomtom

Re: RTFM

Virbatem said:
gsobier is probably correct in analysing your problem beaker, you did not change the settings to match the data in the history file for canada.txt. And, again, gsobier is correct in not truting the data, I just downloaded it for testing purposes.

Suggestion 1 noted and will be implemented. The installer I used was new to me and took bout 2 hours of messing around installing and reinstalling before I was satisfied with the results. One problem was attampting to get the shortcuts to point to the correct working folder. Could not. Modified the progam to set it's own working folder...

Comment 2 has always been a concern and is currently being worked on. Checking user input is sometimes difficult and there are always better things to do such as write the rest of the program.

Well, I don’t use any software but hope to try Lotto evaluator in the near future. However, this time I actually wonder what means D10n... [o]….?

Virbatem

Re: Re: RTFM

tomtom said:
Well, I don’t use any software but hope to try Lotto evaluator in the near future. However, this time I actually wonder what means D10n... [o]….?

My name is Dion. Binary is how I think and 'io' becomes 10 very simply and is the binary equivelant of 2 in decimal; which has no significance. I was extra lazy and cut-n-pasted my tag from an email.

[o] is an ascii version of a ball in a box. Follow the link to my homepage to see why.

Additionally, sometimes I embed my signature within programs written for other people. one example would be a function

x=d(i,0)+n

which does play a significant role in the program. If embedded correctly, modification of the variables would require many hours of work.

Virbatem

649.csv

Hi George,

I downloaded 649.csv and modified lottoeval heavily to be more accepting of various data formats in history files. 649.csv slips into the program flawlessly now provided you specify there are 6 primary numbers and accept the recommendation to change to 49 as the highest number.

Update is available from http://www.iinet.net.au/~htjs/lottoeval/

gsobier said:
I would not:no: trust the Canada649.txt because it is too old and could have errors in the data... ...instead, use 649.CSV from BCLC.com... ...it will work fine once you remove "PRODUCT", and "649", from every line.
Regards,

Sheba

Kangaroo_14 said:
Hi everybody! im just new here! But I like your discussion. :wavey:
Hope everybody will reach his goal i life!

Welcome Kangaroo...
We are all trying to reach the same goal here...
The Jackpot! ... any help is apprieacated!

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
THUNDERBOLTS soon... real soon!©

gsobier

Re: 649.csv

Dion:

I sent internet e-Mail to you... ...no reply:notme:... ...did you see it?

Regards,
Virbatem said:
Hi George,

I downloaded 649.csv and modified lottoeval heavily to be more accepting of various data formats in history files. 649.csv slips into the program flawlessly now provided you specify there are 6 primary numbers and accept the recommendation to change to 49 as the highest number.

Update is available from http://www.iinet.net.au/~htjs/lottoeval/

gsobier

Re: Re: Re: RTFM

1 + 1 = 3
1 + 0 = 2:lol:
Virbatem said:
My name is Dion. Binary is how I think and 'io' becomes 10 very simply and is the binary equivelant of 2 in decimal; which has no significance. I was extra lazy and cut-n-pasted my tag from an email.

[o] is an ascii version of a ball in a box. Follow the link to my homepage to see why.

Additionally, sometimes I embed my signature within programs written for other people. one example would be a function

x=d(i,0)+n

which does play a significant role in the program. If embedded correctly, modification of the variables would require many hours of work.

Virbatem

Re: Re: Re: Re: RTFM

2 or 1 = 3
2 and 1 = 0
2 and not 1 = 1

there fore

2B or not 2B = -1 (BCD)

:)

Yes, got your email, not reply yet cos we are 12 hours away from each other and I have to sleep sometimes.

gsobier said:
1 + 1 = 3
1 + 0 = 2:lol:

gsobier

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RTFM

Dion:

Oh, you can have lots of fun with that kind of stuff:agree:... ...here is one for you from when I was in school... ...with all valid hex numbers you can spell, DEADBEEF.

When you are awake, send one back.

No worries mate,
Virbatem said:
2 or 1 = 3
2 and 1 = 0
2 and not 1 = 1

there fore

2B or not 2B = -1 (BCD)

:)

Yes, got your email, not reply yet cos we are 12 hours away from each other and I have to sleep sometimes.

Virbatem

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RTFM

allowing some words with I and O from 1 and 0:

coded
decoded
cobbed
iced
diced
office
coffee
decaf
decided
fibbed
codec
decided
boddice
faced
defaced
bodied
faded
dead
edifice
accede
acid
cicada
decade
facade

gsobier said:
Dion:

Oh, you can have lots of fun with that kind of stuff:agree:... ...here is one for you from when I was in school... ...with all valid hex numbers you can spell, DEADBEEF.

When you are awake, send one back.

No worries mate,

Originally posted by Sheba
Welcome Kangaroo...
We are all trying to reach the same goal here...
The Jackpot! ... any help is apprieacated!

Nice to hear from you, Sheba. Thanks. I'm still searching for the right technique, just like you, to get the jackpot! Our lotto here just started a couple of years, I just need a good software and a wheel. With a luck, I might succeed!!!

I'm impressed by this site! I feel I belong here. We have the same goal here! Opinions/tips here are good. I'm just trying them out. Thanks to ALL.......

Sidebar