Lottery by Province

greg

I am actually looking for more of a historic look at the winners by province.

I have heard that it appears that the bulk of the big prizes somehow always end up in Quebec. The last big draw (25mil) of super 7 = Quebec, lotto 649 (10 mil) = Quebec. Before that, there are many others...

From what I have seen in past winnings it is best to buy a ticket in Quebec.

I wonder why that is ???

I wonder if anyone has done any analysis of winnings based on province ???

peter

Guess where the majority of the country's population lives.
Chances are More people= more tickets puchased= greater chance to win the big prize.

Irvin

peter said:
Guess where the majority of the country's population lives.
Chances are More people= more tickets puchased= greater chance to win the big prize.

Translated: It all averages out to the same no matter where you go :D

Beaker

Not sure why another thread was started here but Greg what are you looking for?? Jackpot winners? Winners for the second prize? % winners for all prizes????:confused:

Brad gave you the link for BCLC in the other thread. They list the province for the jackpot winners. You will have to go through all of them to get that data. I have seen loto-quebec do it also but I don't think they do it anymore.

I have never seen any data that tells you where the winners came from for the secondary prizes - maybe someone else has.

If you are really curious, email the BCLC to see if they have jackpot winners consolidated by province.

Don;t forget - lots of good gamblers in Quebec ;)

Let us know what you find out. :agree:

Irvin

Maybe the lottery boards dont want to release the info since some people (who dont understand basic stats) would think there is no point playing the lotto because all the winners are coming from one city.......hmmmm let me guess the one city probably has 1/2 the population.

Sidebar