Looking for prgramme / wheel

Irvin

Brad,

I do use LottoDesignerXL for this......I swear by this program.

But it only allows upto 250 combinations.

I would like to see all and then reduce from that.

Brad

Well, I missed that part :D ... anyway you just turned up my dimmer switch on something, itching to try but will remain mum till I know it works, I may want to sell this idea :lol: :clown:

Snides

A christmas present for everyone!

Ya know, I was trying to make a post on here to say there's a beta release of my program available a few days ago, but somehow i hit the back button on my mouse and the whole novel i wrote was gone.. So I'll try it again...

There's a beta test version available here!

To use this program all you have to do is click the numbers you want for each group. At the bottom of the numbers grid there is a ___ TO ___ which is the minimum and maximum numbers to pick from that group. Once those two are filled in you click "add group" and the group will show up in the listbox below.

you can then mess around with the settings, sum min/max, odd/even min/max, and decade min/max's.. But, if you want the min/max filters to work you have to tick off "use standard filters" or it will not use the filters and will create a full wheel. If you do click use the standard filters, there are 2 filters which are built in and will not be adjustable yet..

Once you have all the settings and groups the way you like them, click the "Wheel Em Up!" button. A listbox to the right will have the results listed in it, and a file will be created in the directory that you downloaded the program to called "tickets.txt"

You can always add groups or change filters after the first run, but the tickets.txt file will be over-written, thus you might want to save a copy of it first in case you wanted to keep it..

Let me know if you find any bugs or problems with the program, and please let me know what features you would like added to it to make it better. I have a few ideas already, but more are welcome.

Brad

Snides,

thanks ... nice prog, easy to use.

What did you use for the 'built-in' filters?

Cheers

Snides

the two built-in filters that aren't adjustable are;

only one set of consecutive numbers, it will not allow 3 consecutives in a row, or 2 sets of consecutives.

the other is that it will only allow up to 2 numbers per row or column (there is 7 rows and columns, as divided by the grid you use to pick the numbers for the groups). This filter will likely be changed to allow the user to pick min/max's for each row and column, as there will be times where I can usually tell if a row or column is due for a hit, or due for a miss.. Also, sometimes there are 3 numbers that hit from a row or column (especially when considering the bonus number), so a limit of two is a bit restricting.

if you have ideas for other filters, let me know. I have a few more ideas that will be added in at some point... Havn't done much work on it lately.. i was recently diagnosed as having chronic sinusitis and just finished a 3 week run of super-strenghth anti-biotics, and to top it off, i think i've had some flu or cold that's been going around.. massive headache in the back of my head and i've been off-balance for a week... But hopefully in the new year I'll be all better and full of energy to get this wheeler finished.

Irvin

Snides,

Hope you recover soon. Take lots of drugs, liquids and sleep.

Havent had a chance to try your system yet.

Now postponed until the new year.

Regards,

Irvin

Brad

Same as Irvin here, not much time spend with the wheeler but one aspect I was thinking about would be the ability to remove (delete) a set of numbers previously entered without having to restart the prog.
This would help in allowing to change the min/max parameters of that set and rebuilding the wheel.
One other initial thought was to list the chosen settings in the Tickets.txt for referencing later.

Speedy recovery Snides!

Cheers

charles2

Get well soon snides, personally i think most of the population has some kind of sinus problems, compounded by today's pollution etc

my recomendation = lots of excersize, healthy eating and NO SMOKING 1st or 2nd hand etc

Snides

Brad said:
but one aspect I was thinking about would be the ability to remove (delete) a set of numbers previously entered without having to restart the prog.
This would help in allowing to change the min/max parameters of that set and rebuilding the wheel.
One other initial thought was to list the chosen settings in the Tickets.txt for referencing later.

Good ideas Brad, I have thought of these already, what I would like to have is checkboxes where you could turn groups on and off for the filtering process, so if you add one and it seriously chops down the combinations you can just turn it back off. This will be added soon..

The other idea with saving the groups and filters used, do you think it would be best in the ticket.txt file itself, or would you prefer to see it in a separate file? I'd imagine putting it in the beginning of the tickets file is the best place, more organized.. I shall add this next time I open the project :)

Sidebar