peter

I noticed, several members do not indicate where they are from in the location box of their profile, my Question is why, it's not like you have to fill in your street address, it would just be interesting to know where people are from.
as a side note, I was once asked on a job application, SEX...,...
I put down yes, once at the lake , on a camping trip with the church, needless to say, I did'nt get that job, I quess they were'nt looking for someone with a sense of humour.

Yes...It is good to know where someone comes from to understand his behaviour and Ideas...As an example this true story comes to my mind...Once the two parents of a real disturbed young fellow in one of my class came up to me and started to complain about the way that I was treating their boy...They started to tell me that I was too severe with him...That I gave too much homework ...That I should place the boy in front of the class...after giving it all to me the father then told me...and I quote ''How would you explain my boy poor results for this term''
I replyed to him raising my voice as I spoke...
''Only one word...Hereditairy''....
:lol:

thornc

Dennis Bassboss said:
''How would you explain my boy poor results for this term''
I replyed to him raising my voice as I spoke...
''Only one word...Hereditairy''....
:lol:

:laugh: ROFL :thumb: :thumb:

Well done Dennis two thumbs up!!! If all the math teachers in the world were like you and some of mine, then math might be better accepted in the world!

What the topic issue, I agree with you Peter.... there's not big problem on posting such information here, because with the rules that LT set up, only a few interested(ing) people can read it!!!

Beaker

Maggie said:
Beaker or anyone else from TO:

How far a walk is it from Union Station to the Eaton Center?
That's a good hike Maggie - say around brisk 10-15 minutes :notme:- lots to see alone the way :eek:

Maggie

Thanks, Beaker, 15 minutes isn't too bad. Last time I was there was last August to see Mamma Mia in the afternoon and it took close to 2 hours just to get out of the city. And not only that, you have some CRAAAAAZY drivers there. :eek: I think I'll relax and take the train in.

Beaker

Maggie said:
Thanks, Beaker, 15 minutes isn't too bad. Last time I was there was last August to see Mamma Mia in the afternoon and it took close to 2 hours just to get out of the city. And not only that, you have some CRAAAAAZY drivers there. :eek: I think I'll relax and take the train in.
I would - then take the subway up - only a 5-6 minute train ride. From Union go north and get off at the Dundas station - can't miss the Eaton Center it is right there. Make sure you go the correct North(Yonge Street line) because at Unioin all trains go North. - you will see Queen/King stations first. I think the city is quiet this weekend altho I'm not there :agree2:

Maggie

Not going this week-end, it'll be some Saturday in July.

Thanks for the directions, otherwise I'm sure I'd get lost. I probably still will, knowing me. :)

Ok, this is a really stupid question, but, how do you know when to get off the subway? Are there BIG signs posted?

Florie

Maggie said:

Yeah,lots of crazy drivers. You must have really good brakes. Not adviseable for people with HBP and no patience. In this heat, I dunno. I hardly go downtown. Definitely will get lost myself. If we were, my hubby does the driving.

Maggie, Are you thinking of seeing the "Rolling Stones" as well?

Brad

Maggie said:
... <snip> ... how do you know when to get off the subway? Are there BIG signs posted?
All stops in BIG letters on station walls Maggie ... also follow overhead maps inside the rail cars, usually near exits (and hang on to your purse/wallet)

was gonna make a crack about clean bi-focals but changed my mind

Maggie

Florie,

I would love to see the Stones, they've been one of my fav.groups forever. Only problem is they're playing on a Wed. night, not good for me. Or maybe it's Tuesday, can't remember now.

Us old folks need our beauty rest and having a hard time reading fine print these days. Bifocals eh? :cool:

Last edited:

Florie

Maggie said:
Florie,

I would love to see the Stones, they've been one of my fav.groups forever. Only problem is they're playing on a Wed. night, not good for me. Or maybe it's Tuesday, can't remember now.

Us old folks need our beauty rest and having a hard time reading fine print these days. Bifocals eh? :cool:

Too late, Maggie. All 150,000 tickets sold out, anyway. Can't do too much of anything in this heat.

UNDER PRESSURE

ALRIGHTEE THEN!!!

JUST SO I DON'T FEEL LIKE I'M UNDER ANY PRESSURE..I'LL CONFESS!! I'LL CHANGE MY LOCATION SO YOU ALL KNOW THAT I LIVE IN THE BEAUTIFUL ROYAL CITY!!!

:agree: :love: :cold: :beer: SOLD HERE!!!

LT

Administrator
Just a reference for LS ... we webmasters know other webmasters, lottery not politics is my main interest ;)

Last edited:
LT said:
Just a reference for LS ... we webmasters know other webmasters, lottery not politics is my main interest ;)
We all know that LT.... And besides it is much easier to catch some numbers than to really know what's behind these guys minds.....Lottery is sometimes deceiving (not very often for me tough) but it is nothing compared to politics... :lol: :agree2:

Sidebar