Live Camera Action......bad weather best seen from indoors...voyeurism,also..

daleks

sometime last year around this time, Sheba posted a link to a site which had a camera set up (i think it was a Transport Canada government site), on the trans canada highway,somewhere on the east coast....i was able to see the weather changing daily.....the snow falling.....on the highway...and feeling glad i was on the west coast, where snow is something we read about in books.......

...does anyone have sites they can post which will allow me to peek around at things via live cameras...????

daleks

wow...neat stuff already...

...i can't afford to go anywhere warm this winter, and don't have the time anyway....

...anybody got sites from exotic places...????

..thanks, sheba...looking forward to (seeing on camera) lots of snow...
..sheba, tell me please,are you in a country setting where you have to keep track of this...do you have things to do with boats...i've been fishing the last few weeks off vancouver island about 50-60 miles, just sports stuff to fill the freezer, and weather is important...

thanks, too, snides....love toronto, went to school there years ago..

Brad

Thats nice Irvin,

is there a way to zoom the beach cams from here? :eek:

Btw, the Bungy cam is all black today ... maybe we should observe a minute of silence for a fallen Kiwi ... :( :D

Irvin

Here is a part of Wellington City that comes to life at 11PM NZ time and eases off at 6AM next day....Trying to find a car park on the street between these times is near impossible.

This area is one huge night spot. Theatre, Movies, Bars, Restaurants etc.

Infact almost every second door is either a bar or restaurant.

Courtenay place 1

Courtenay Place 2

Irvin

Re: Thats nice Irvin,

Brad said:

Btw, the Bungy cam is all black today ... maybe we should observe a minute of silence for a fallen Kiwi ... :( :D

Someone forgot to connect the bungy cord to the camera :lol:

Irvin

Re: Thats nice Irvin,

Brad said:

Person had his / her eyes closed when jumping :lol:

Sorry just had to get another one in.

Sheba

Re: wow...neat stuff already...

daleks said:
...i can't afford to go anywhere warm this winter, and don't have the time anyway....

...anybody got sites from exotic places...????

..thanks, sheba...looking forward to (seeing on camera) lots of snow...
..sheba, tell me please,are you in a country setting where you have to keep track of this...do you have things to do with boats...i've been fishing the last few weeks off vancouver island about 50-60 miles, just sports stuff to fill the freezer, and weather is important...

thanks, too, snides....love toronto, went to school there years ago..

We are not allowed to fish off our waters. There is a moratorium on all specias unless you are a licensed fisherperson and then there still are limits...We have to buy anytype of seafood that we wish to eat...

Sheba__:santa: :dog:~~~
--------------------------------------------------------

Sheba

As for snow..well we have none... My lawn is green and no snow at all.....

Sheba__:santa: :dog:~~~

Brad

Hey Irvin

What in IS that thing hanging over the entrance ?!! I'm looking at Courtenay Place 2 ... it looks like a giant reptile with claws, but has an elephant trunk-like appendage dangling downwards ... most of it is blurred so I can't quite make it out ... that's one scary bouncer if you ask me :eek:

Irvin

Brad,

That is the Embassy movie theatre where they had the World premiere for the 3rd installment of the Lord of the rings.

Brad

Now that it's day time I can see it better :cool:

Hey, got an idea! Why don't you stand there and get your pic taken, so we could see the real M&M :D

... looks like the cam takes a snap 1 min past the hour and every 15 min after that

Irvin

I'll see if I can find a Canadian flag and then I'll stand in front of the camera.

New year?.....I think we are 19 hours ahead of you.

Sheba

BY THIS WEEK END WE COULD HAVE 40 CM OF THE WHITE STUFF... 15 TODAY JAN 13 MORE TOMORROW....

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~

Sheba said:
BY THIS WEEK END WE COULD HAVE 40 CM OF THE WHITE STUFF... 15 TODAY JAN 13 MORE TOMORROW....

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
It is extremely cold tonite here...-33 (without the wind) close to -50 with the windshield factor...I'd take that white stuff anytime instead of that cold... :agree:

Brad

Canucks complaining 'cuz it's COLD ??

Hey, you like the air we sent ya? :D
Had a bout of that here earlier in Jan ... very unusual for this area, coldest it's been in the last 4 years (-25 to -30). It really put a dent in my wood pile, not to mention the frozen drain pipe ... sheesh ... now it's hovering around zero but I hear there'll be another Arctic blow heading this way :cold:

ps. we've had like 400 feet of snow since then :wavey:

Sidebar