Intruguing facts.

Hello again,

I'm back a little sooner than I expected to be. A friend has intrigued me for the last couple of days with a very interesting concept. I wonder if any of you have come accross it. It seems to make some sense to me. It involves a Last Digit method and effectively turns a pick-6 lottery (like the 6/49) into a pick-4 lottery. It goes something like this:

In a pick-6 lottery 2 of the winning numbers share the same Last Digit (LD). So if the numbers 6-7-13-23-37-48 were drawn, the numbers "7" and "37" share the same LD "7". This seems to happen about 70% of the time. If one was to draw up a history of the last 10 draws and document the shared LD for each draw, at the end of the analysys we would see that one or more LD's are missing from the list of possible LD's(0-9). One can then take that missing LD and, assuming that it will be drawn in the near future, create 10 drawing files with pairs of the LD numbers.
As an example, if the designated LD is "7", the ten drawing files would contain the following 10 pairs: 7-17; 7-27; 7-37; 7-47; 17-27; 17-37; 17-47; 27-37; 27-47; 37-47. This would leave us to complete the drawing files by needing only four more numbers for each file.

This sounds very interesting. I have reviewed the drawing history for the past year for two different lotteries and it seems to hold a lot of merit.
Has anyone else heard of or experimented with anything of the sort?

Intrigued...

flipper

You're making too much out of what happened in the past. I play a 49 number combo with delta numbers and have numerous winning tickets. I can predict each draw just by using delta numbers. It is hard at first to understand the delta numbers. It takes about 1-2 weeks to get it down pat.

Thorngren

SillyALien - A rose by any other name is still a rose and a Filter is still a Filter. On long term random, they all converge on nothing better than a random draw by the reflexive property which, simply stated from the Law of Multiplication for an outcome with more than one result, says that the probability the filter will be successful times the probability the filtered draw will win the lottery is the same as that for random.

John T. Thorngren
Leveraging a Lottery
(c) 1996, 1999
ISBN 1-58500-715-3

"I can predict each draw just by using Delta numbers."-Flipper (two posts up)

Give us a sample this Tuesday and/or Friday on your favorite, the 6/49, Flipper........ please. Thank you.

flipper

Your request for me to post my numbers shows me that you still do not understand what I am doing. How can I have favourite numbers when I play all 49? I suggest you read up on the delta website and study it very hard.
Since you asked what my numbers are, here they are: numbers 1 to 49. See my point?? Playing just 12 or 16 numbers is foolish, when there are 49 numbers in the mix.

Flipper,

I did not mean to say "show us your favorite numbers". I meant show us a sample of your picks for your favorite LOTTERY. In other words, my dear "prophet", put your numbers where your mouth is. Back up what you claim to be by showing us all a sample of your picks BEFORE a draw.

It is one thing to constantly keep claiming "I CAN!" and "I AM!". Reality, though has a habit of slapping one back down to earth. There was a time when I spent over $200 a week on 6/49. That stopped two years ago. My total NET win for the last year is $1,243. That's on my silly 0.50c Ontario-49 good-for-nothing scam of a lottery, on a budget of about $20 a week. How about you?

Cheers.

flipper

I choose to keep my numbers to myself. What if people start to play them? There are too many to list--especially when I cover all 49 numbers. I don't consider myself a prophet, I'm just a guy trying to solve the riddle of winning. I'm happy with my results, and I feel that trying to track past draws is a waste of time. The delta number of one (not a regular number one, but a delta number of one) comes up about 85-90% of the time.So, right of the bat, I have 1 number or 2 numbers that will be drawn.

I also am trying something new. Since at times no delta number of one comes up, I play a few quik-piks each week as well. But the same quik-piks each week. I don't change them every draw.

In the end, we all have to be happy with what we play. I am now. The delta numbers plan was checked out by a numerical pro at a large Canadian University, and he tells me that it is the proper way to proceed.

As for posting my winning numbers, all i can tell you is that on Sat. night on the 6-49, I honestly did have 25 lines like this:
1,x,x,x,x,41. So, I would hope there would be some money there for me. Maybe not, the tickets are out in my trunk in the driveway. Also, for the Lottario, I had 25 lines ending in 41. So, that looks very good as well. I won't know until I go to the store.

The bottom line is that, yes, I am high on the delta numbers because they have been so good to me.What else can i tell You??

WOW Flipper!!!

That is an absolutely beautiful posting you just wrote. I did not expect anything like that. It is like a night-and-day difference compared to your previous ones.

We are all here for the same goal, my friend. To WIN. And to do that, in my experience with forums and bulletin boards, we unselfishly share the tricks of the trade. The simple beauty of sharing is that if we can get enough people to agree on a universally compatible handicapping method for trapping the winning numbers, maybe we can all form local groups to maximize the number of tickets played, while minimizing the cost per player.

Cheers again, Flipper. It's good to see the nice side of you.

peter

Hey Silly Alien ,Welcome to the group you have some interesting ideas on LAST DIGIT. Look forward to your posting on upcoming 649 draws. Regards, --------- Peter Remember the law of probability says history will repeat itself. That is why it is important to maintain a database, from which you can extract information from.

[This message has been edited by peter (edited June 11, 2001).]

Snides

Originally posted by flipper:
The delta number of one (not a regular number one, but a delta number of one) comes up about 85-90% of the time.So, right of the bat, I have 1 number or 2 numbers that will be drawn.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but unless i've coded my program wrong, my computer is telling me that a delta (or what i call a consecutive) number of 1, without including the bonus number has only occurred 1102 times in the last 1814 draws, which wouldn't be 85-90% of the time, it would only be 60.7% of the time. Some draws have 2 consecutives which would mean less than 60% of the draws have consecutive numbers.

flipper

First of all, you need to know what a delta number of one is.
This can be done 2 ways. With a pair of consecutive numbers, or the number 1 itself. Total these up and you'll be a lot higher than 60%

Snides

ok, so take my 1102 consecutive occurences and add the 258 times that the number one has come up in a draw, gives you 1306. then there's the chance that the number 1 hit in a draw with a consecutive or two sets of consecutives, which would again reduce the percentage. assuming none of that happened i still don't reach your 85-90 percent of the time, I only get 74.9%. If you like i can get right into this and give you a total of how many draws have a 1 and/or consecutives in them and how many have neither... i'm sure that number would go below 74.9% if i did that though.

Sidebar