huge database strategy

Rebeckah

I just realized that if your lotto has a huge database of winning draws..... couldn't you print out a set of all possible winning combinations, ok, cut out tons of the dumb ones that will never hit like all one decade, all even/odd, etc., then remove all combinations that have already hit, or even any combinations that have 5 similar #s to a previous winning combination.

arrange the database of possible combinations to show the combinations according to whatever filter you want. decade positions, repeating final digit, etc. so the remaining combinations are close to your games average draw. and that way you'd get a hard list of sure fire jackpot winners. Sometime each one would win. I know there's millions of possible combinations, but it seems that most combinations come up close to the games average. The trick is to filter it down to a playable set of combinations. Or you could play the sets according to your predictions/filter of choice. Thus cutting down the playing field more. I only see this working in a game that has a huge database of winning combinations already tho. Which would cut out tons of possible combinations.

I mean, if the goal is the jackpot, then following this strategy would produce a winner, altho you'd have to play a very big set of tickets. But you'd only have to do it ONCE and you'd win. Does this make sense to anybody? Is there a software that would do this?

Beaker

What is your definition of huge database? In a 6/49 lotto there are almost 14 million combos. The Can 6/49 lotto has been in existance for 20 years with almost 2000 draws - the largest in the world.

2000/14000000x100 = 0.01428% I think this strategy would leave too many combos.

The only software I know of that uses a strategy similar to what you describe is Lotwin. The other strategy Lotwin uses is covering all numbers.
:agree2:

Rebeckah

OK, taking this strategy further, in relation to positional decade sequences. I write it like this: 011234 meaning two hits in the tens decade one in the others, none in the 50s since its missing.

this double hit in one decade has 30 possible sequences:

is that right?

so... I could track the sequences to see when a 5 decade sequence is due again. or else play it when it's hitting, according to how it trends. 5 sequence because it is the one that hits most repetively in my game. If I haven't eliminated too many combinations I'd keep the 4 decade sequence sets too since those are the most abundant hitters. Right there I'll have a master list of most probable combinations to win. Of course, how many combinations is the key. I'll post more on this as I go.

All comments welcomed :D :agree:

Rebeckah

yea Beaker, 1% doesn't look good, but that's from all 14 million combinations. I haven't analyzed your lotto, but with 2000 draws there must be some pretty solid averages that you can use as filters for the database, removing all combinations that are outside the averages. & remove the combinations that have already hit. I have no idea how many combinations that would leave you with. Do you think anybody has ever tried anything like this before? DO you think it would work? You would end up with a hard copy list of combinations that could be played for every game & theoretically win. they may vary from game to game based on your filtering tho.

I'm gonna go look for that sw. thanks :thumb:

Rebeckah

Beaker said:
I think someone from the UK proposed this :confused:

Really? I haven't found it in the database here yet. I'd like to know if they did so I don't waste all my time putting together the stats if somebody else did already.

winhunter

Idea

WINHunter calculates the lexicographical index value for each individual draw. If you look at an entire past history, you can see the index values (goto the scan iption under the history menu, then when the scan window opens, just click SCAN). You can sort the data by the column, just click the column you want to sort by.

You will notice the HUGH gaps between index values. For example, the first index value for the Florida Lottery is 12,146 (01/19/00). The next value is 105,265 (11/16/02), and then 113,652 (8/23/00), and then 168,803. That means there are all those combinations in between that have never been hit. Ball number 1 exists in the lower 2.5 million combinations, and thus could be eliminated all together if your index values never seemed to fall below that value often.

I have never considered any method of predicting using the index value, but you know, if you could predict the direction vector of the index based on previous vectors (by charting it), you could eliminate many lines that way! Also, what if you could predict the target position, which would be a target index value that would make it fall in between two previous draw index values (this has to be the case, unless you match a previous draw EXACTLY, which is UNLIKELY.)

Andrew

Beaker

Rebeckah said:
yea Beaker, 1% doesn't look good, but that's from all 14 million combinations. I haven't analyzed your lotto, but with 2000 draws there must be some pretty solid averages that you can use as filters for the database, removing all combinations that are outside the averages. & remove the combinations that have already hit. I have no idea how many combinations that would leave you with. Do you think anybody has ever tried anything like this before? DO you think it would work? You would end up with a hard copy list of combinations that could be played for every game & theoretically win. they may vary from game to game based on your filtering tho.

I'm gonna go look for that sw. thanks :thumb:
That's not 1% Rebeckah, that's 1/100th of a % - the x100 is already done in that calculation :eek: - small.

Rebeckah, I am not a fan at all of trying to pick actual lines :no: This game is hard enough, and anyone that tries to pick the exact combo is really, in my opinion, going to be waiting for a long time to hit anything. It's OK to play your favorite numbers for fun but as a regular strategy, very very tough.

The best strategy if you're going that way is to play all the numbers with the filters that are going to give the best chance.

Lotwin is a great program. You can download it for free - Lotwin Lite I believe. One really cool feature is you can analyse the last draw and determine what filters would have been responsible :agree2: You can then use those filters to determine what combos to play next. Anyone who is a "Pick & Filter Combo" player should use Lotwin. All filters and all numbers played. :agree2:

GillesD

Split into decades

In a 6/49 lottery, not considering the bonus number, there 210 possibilities for different splits into decades. It goes from 00006 (all in the 40s), next 00015 and it continues to 51000 and finally 60000 (all between 1 and 9).

In theory (all combinations), the most frequent split would be 2-2-1-1 (2 numbers in a decade, 2 in another one and the last 2 numbers each in a separate decade) with 38.2%. Next would be 3-2-1 with 20.4%, then 3-1-1-1 with 15.1% and 2-1-1-1-1 with 14.2%.

With 1990 draws, Lotto 6/49 is quite representative and the real values obtained for split into decades are quite near the theorical values.

For example, for the 2-1-1-1-1 split, the most frequent splits have been:
- split 11112: 64 times
- split 11121: 62 times
- split 11211: 59 times
- split 12111: 51 times
- split 21111: 48 times
This totals up to 284 times or 14.27% of the 1990 draws. In theory, it should have come out 282 times or 14.16%.

Of course, there are more 2-2-1-1 possibilities and this has happened 739 times in the 1990 draws (37.1% compared to a theorical value of 38.2%). In this type of split, the most frequent one with 34 times has been 02121 (2 in the 10s, 2 in the 30s, and 1 in each the 20s and 40s).

Rebeckah

Re: Idea

winhunter said:
(goto the scan iption under the history menu, then when the scan window opens, just click SCAN). You can sort the data by the column, just click the column you want to sort by.

I got runtime error 9 subscript out of range.

Rebeckah

Re: Idea

winhunter said:
Also, what if you could predict the target position, which would be a target index value that would make it fall in between two previous draw index values (this has to be the case, unless you match a previous draw EXACTLY, which is UNLIKELY.)

yea, the problem I have with this, as I have with root values is that you get too specific of a number, which would eliminate all other possible combinations. Now, it's a super tight filter, & if you're wrong then you're REALLY wrong! But if you're right..... I guess that's where one earns their beans as a #S predictor? :D I like your suggestion of using the general direction. I think that's a great strategy & I haven't had time to really jump into it yet.

Rebeckah

Beaker said:
That's not 1% Rebeckah, that's 1/100th of a % - the x100 is already done in that calculation :eek: - small.

oh sheesh! Sorry, didn't see that. :dizzy: yea, vey small.
I wasn't seeing this as a playing strategy, as much as a one time thing. I think you'd have to buy a huge amount of tickets to make it work, but it would absolutely work at winning the jackpot is my thinking. I can't do it now, but it just hit me that it would be a pretty sure fire way of winning?

Lotwin sounds cool, I'll check it out. thanks. :agree2:

Rebeckah

Re: Split into decades

GillesD said:
In a 6/49 lottery, not considering the bonus number, there 210 possibilities for different splits into decades. It goes from 00006 (all in the 40s), next 00015 and it continues to 51000 and finally 60000 (all between 1 and 9).

Hi Gilles, wouldn't those stats be the same for all Lottos? Do you know where I could find a listing of them? Or how I can make one besides writting it out by hand?

In theory (all combinations), the most frequent split would be 2-2-1-1 (2 numbers in a decade, 2 in another one and the last 2 numbers each in a separate decade) with 38.2%. Next would be 3-2-1 with 20.4%, then 3-1-1-1 with 15.1% and 2-1-1-1-1 with 14.2%.

I am currently working on the stats of this for my 6/54 game. So far games with 5 decades (2-1-1-1-1} hits most repetitively, or frequently, but from looking, the 4 decade hit seems most abundant. This may be because you can have a decade split of 1-1-1-3 as well as 2-2-1-1. I know 5 decade stats will be different than 4 decade stats. I'll post what I end up with if anybody's curious. ?

winhunter

Chart

This .chart inspired the origional Position Gap processor. You can see a trend in the positional data... I would imagine a draw index chart would look similar, but would have just one line.

Quoted from Rebeckahyea, the problem I have with this, as I have with root values is that you get too specific of a number, which would eliminate all other possible combinations

NO, that isnt what I meant. Not to predict an EXACT index value, well, actually yeah. But this target index value would point to a target range, which is a range formed by two previous draws. No drawing has ever occured twice, thus ANY subsequent draw WILL most likely land in between two previous draws. Thus, a range is formed between any given two drawings. Some ranges are small, maybe 5000 lines, while others are 100,000 or more lines.

The idea is simple. If you can coarsly predict the direction and target range, then perhaps you can tighten up your target range, or somehow filter the final range into usable lines/numbers. for example, the target range (10,000 lines) has 10 numbers that exist only 500 times, while the other 39 exist well above the 500 times. would you then eliminate those numbers from play, and thus eliminate those lines as well?

Andrew

Brad

LotWin

Rebeckah,

LotWin will give you the data you're looking for, I think even the free trial will allow for that.

Beaker,

Is LotWin Lite free version available now? Last I checked was about a month ago, no luck then ...

Beaker

Re: LotWin

Brad said:
Rebeckah,

LotWin will give you the data you're looking for, I think even the free trial will allow for that.

Beaker,

Is LotWin Lite free version available now? Last I checked was about a month ago, no luck then ...
It may not be Brad :notme: I haven't actually checked. I was fortunate enough to get it from our host LT. :agree2: a long time ago when it first came out.

The problem might be a draw like the Texas lotto with 54 balls. Lotwin may not like that :notme:

For a 6/54 lottery here are the expected values and the current results after 270 draws in % for the Texas draws...
––––––––––-expected––-actual values
1-1-1-1-1-1––54.1–––––––-60.4
2-1-1-1-1–––36.9––––––––32.1
2-2-1-1––––-4.9–––––––––5.6
2-2-2––––––-0.1––––––––-0.0
3-1-1-1––––-3.3–––––––––1.5
3-2–––––––-0.4–––––––––-0.4
3-3–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
4-1-1––––––0.2–––––––––-0.0
4-2–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
5-1–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
6–––––––––0.0–––––––––-0.0

Beaker

Dennis Bassboss said:
For a 6/54 lottery here are the expected values and the current results after 270 draws in % for the Texas draws...
––––––––––-expected––-actual values
1-1-1-1-1-1––54.1–––––––-60.4
2-1-1-1-1–––36.9––––––––32.1
2-2-1-1––––-4.9–––––––––5.6
2-2-2––––––-0.1––––––––-0.0
3-1-1-1––––-3.3–––––––––1.5
3-2–––––––-0.4–––––––––-0.4
3-3–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
4-1-1––––––0.2–––––––––-0.0
4-2–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
5-1–––––––-0.0–––––––––-0.0
6–––––––––0.0–––––––––-0.0
Is this from Lotwin? :confused: or something else ;)

Brad

Re: Re: LotWin

Beaker said:
... The problem might be a draw like the Texas lotto with 54 balls. Lotwin may not like that :notme:

LotWin Pro is available with the Texas Lotto 6/54 history, don't know about Lite though ...

Sidebar