How Much Money

Sheba

How much money should one spend on the lottery?

I know you should only spend what you can afford. I myself quit smoking and now I just usually spend what it would of cost for me to smoke..

They say that this (playing the lottery and I do quote from someone) is a "tax for Idiots".
Well I myself don't consider me an Idiot..

Just a Future Winner!!! :lol: :lol:

Maggie

I think you answered your own question, Sheba. You spend however many dollars you can afford. I quit smoking 3 yrs.ago and I think I spent more on that than playing lotteries.
And as for being an "idiot tax" well, I don't think any of us here are idiots. I don't think you would consider somebody who has won 10 millions dollars an idiot! I would say that was brilliant if he chose his own numbers. :) I would love to be in that category some day.:agree:

Ben

Hi, Sheba $ Maggie

I think any one spend hundreds dollars in lottery need to joint group to stop gambling.

we can win with 1 dollar if luck is with us. and lose thousands $ without wining noting if no luck.
better is gambling moderately, 20$ per week maximum.
Before, years 1991-1994 i spend 4$ per week and win 10 $ somes times.
1995 -2000 i spend some times hundreds $ per month i use many software and wheeling systems , i win 2 times 5 numbers 45 times 4 numbers and many times 3 numbers, i am loser.
and from 2001 to now i spend 6 $ dollars per week i win 3 times 4 numbers and somes times 3 numbers.
for super 7 i sart to play when jackpot is big and i spend 4-8$ maxi.
now i want to play same combination every week.
Idiots? yes and no, i am idiot if i know i have 1 chance over 14 million and i spend hundreds $ in it
i am not idiot if i spend 6-15$, ( who d ont try have noting)
Any way i hope for you good luck and be moderate in your gambling

Maggie

Ben,
You are right, it only takes 1 dollar to win. I am in an office lottery pool at work with 27 other people, we each put in 3 dollars a week, so that is 84 dollars a week for tickets. We have yet to even get 4 out of 6 numbers. Someone could just buy one quick pick and get the jackpot. If it's going to happen, it will. :agree:

Florie

I agree with you Maggie. Don't have to spend too much to win. If it's your luck to win that day it will come with just 1 ticket.

Biggest I have spent was $400 in one draw and still won nothing.

No more of that.

mon

HI SHEBA

LIKE MAGGIE I QUITE SMOKING 3 YEARS AGO IT COST ABOUT 30 DOLLARS A CARTOON A WEEK I PLAY BETWEEN 10 -30 IN LOTTO A WEEK DEPENDING ON HOW BIG THE DRAW IS.

AS FOR THE "IDIOT TAX" THING IT MAY BE FOR MOST PEOPLE BUT NOT FOR THE PERSON WHO WON:lol:

SOME PEOPLE LIKE US HAVE BIG DREAMS OTHERS NOT SO BIG I GUESS:smash: :wow:

Always play for the fun of it....I think that I would play even if no prizes were given....I just like it! No I :love2: it!!
But since there is money attach to it...it is just an extra for me!!
:lol: :lol: :rollingsm :king:

Sidebar