How can I calculate Fibonacci sequence

larbec

Not sure if someone has done a Macro or formula for this sequence so I thought I would ask. Is there a list or chart I can use that would show me what numbers play "next" in a Fibonacci sequence? For example if the number 1 plays what would be the next 5 numbers. If number 2 draws what would be the next 5 numbers and so on....

Thanks in advance

Frank

On a spreadsheet type in zero in cell B2, type in 1 in cell C2. In cell D2 type in the formula =B2+C2. Just copy the formula along row 2. Thats all!

Frank

If you are wanting to 'jump in' to a Fibbonacci sequence midstream and find the next 5 numbers by formula, then you could do the same thing perhaps this time downwards to prepare a lookup table.

e.g Type in 0 in cell A1, type in 1 in cell A2, type in formula =A2 + A1 in cell A3 and copy it down the column as far as you need. Give this table a name say Fibtable.

Chose a cell to type in a starting Fibbonacci number, say cell C3. In cell C2 enter the formula = =VLOOKUP(C3-1,Fibtable,1).

Then in cell C4 type in the formula =C2 + C3. Copy this down to 5 cells below (the next five fibonnaci values).

When you type in any FIBBONACCI Number (that exists in your table up to 5 from the bottom) in cell C3 then cells C4 to C8 contain the next 5 values. You can hide your original Fibtable now.

larbec

Thanks Frank, makes sense. I okay around with it and do some dragging to the left and down and see what u get

larbec

Frank

This works perfectly. Now I need to understand it better to see how it can help predict future events in the patterns

blitzed

hehe cool...years back I was using this to offset draws and come up with new picks....been thinking about revisiting it and watching for patterns.
http://www.numberspiral.com/

later,
blitzed:thumb:

Sidebar