Find a match and shade

khanaran

Greetings

I am working on a little project

I need help with structuring a formula that will look a value in D4 and compare it to a value in H4

We need to look up the value from D4 in the table in column O and see in line between P to T if the second value can be found. If it is found, need to shaded the cell h4 Green if not shade the cell h4 Red.

We then do the same for D5, D6 and D7

The value in D and H can change each time we run the utility

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8c3sdvpbn866f9h/numero_match.xlsx/file

I thank you for all the help

Kind regards

Vraj

Frank

Greetings

I am working on a little project

I need help with structuring a formula that will look a value in D4 and compare it to a value in H4

We need to look up the value from D4 in the table in column O and see in line between P to T if the second value can be found. If it is found, need to shaded the cell h4 Green if not shade the cell h4 Red.

We then do the same for D5, D6 and D7

The value in D and H can change each time we run the utility

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8c3sdvpbn866f9h/numero_match.xlsx/file

I thank you for all the help

Kind regards

Vraj

Hi Khanaran,

According to the LEFT side of your spreadsheet you mention shading H4:-
Im getting confused about H4 and H5 in response to the value in D4, you seem to mention BOTH H4 and H5 in connection with D4. You say the colour of cell H4 is determined by whether the value in H4 is found on the row of the table corresponding to the value in D4. But why do you mention H5 at this point ? What part is that playing in the colour of H4 ?

According to the RIGHT side of your spreadsheet you talk about H5 ??? under what conditions ??

The phrase
"We then do the same for D5, D6 and D7" is not specific enough. You need to say which cells SPECIFICALLY change according to the values in D5,D6,D7.
I could make assumptions about what you mean, like D5 affects H5 colour if the value of H5 is found on the row of the table matching D5 ,D6 affects H6 colour (same rule) etc. but im not sure thats what you mean.

Just a little more clarity, and a check for typos would help.

khanaran

Hi Mister Frank

Thank you so much for taking a look and pointing out my mistakes

I am attaching an amended file and trust that it explains better

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xnw14tgccwah3ba/numero_match.xlsx

Kind regards

Vraj

Frank

Mediafire report that the file is not uploaded yet ??

Upload still in progress…

Download not available yet because the upload for this file is still in progress. Approximate completion time below.

Download ready soon…

khanaran

Hi Mister So sorry that you did not get the file

I downloaded it from Mediafire

it seems to be ok

Can you please check again

Vraj

Frank

Its not working for me, still getting that message. Ive tried 2 different browsers and still its not working.
Please re-upload and make sure you get a different link code.

Frank

Check D9 which has a value of 4 ???
Are you SURE ?

"
Therafter we proceed to step 2 and check like above so no compatabilty between D5 and H5 so its shaded Red"
THERE IS NO D5 or H5.

Can you PLEASE PROOF READ your explanation on the spreadsheet ?

Thanks

Frank

No, that link is not working. Still saying upload not completed. Please upload again with a new link code.

Frank

That worked, It appears to be what I guessed it was earlier.
Try this :-
https://www.mediafire.com/file/to16qn63owixti3/numero_match.xlsx/file

Frank

Hi Frank

It is work however it shows the excel file as read-only

I cannot see any formula

kind regards

Vraj

Vraj,
There are no formulas to see. I used CONDITIONAL FORMATTING. The formulas are hidden in the conditional formatting rules. If you highlight the four cells in column H and go to Home>conditional formatting>manage rules, you should see the formulas there.
If you want to know more ask and Ill tell you.

As for read only, that’s not my doing, I suspect it’s Excel being cautious with internet files. You can switch that off at the yellow banner on the top surely ? Turning on edit mode?

khanaran

Hi

Ok thank you so much

Yes I would also like to learn how you did this so that I can apply later if I need to do something similar

kind regards

Vraj

khanaran

Hi Sir

Thank you

I manage to understand the formula and conditional formatting

I have a further question which is a little numerology that i use with lotto

if I may

Regards

Vraj

Sidebar