Filter Value.

serge

Hi PAB,

Happy New Year to everyone.

I'm posting this Chart to see if you can help me in finding the next value in this chart using the FREQUENCY and the TOTAL TIME OUT, of each value, or for the next 2 probable values, most likely to came out, out of 6 in this case.

Thank You.

https://app.boxcn.net/s/s8ltcixkqm3sjic0rnen

Regards,
Serge.

Icewynd

Hi Serge,

PAB seems to be missing in action, hopefully taking some vacation on a sunny beach. :)

I had a look at your spreadsheet. The answer is obvious -- 5 or 6!

Kidding aside, I approached this problem by doing a skip chart for each of the values and then calculating the inverse of the PERCENTILE calculation, such that the skip value tells you where you are in the distribution of each value, percentile wise.

Right now the values are:
4=0.5661 (skip 8), 5=0.3640 (skip 0), 6=0.5946 (skip 1), 7=0.8679 (skip 10), 8=0.8523 (skip 74) -- so you can see that 7 and 8 are getting into the upper ranges of their distributions and that 5 is least likely after just hitting.

You might also try googling "Prediction of Recurrent Events" by Marc Fredette for some ideas on how to approach this problem.

Good luck!
:thumb:

serge

Hi Icewind,

Thank you for the interest in my question,

The next value was 7 for the chart then :

I know it's not easy but if someone would be able to built a macro or formula, using :

Hit
Frequency
Skips

from rows 5-6-7 and came out with and accurate or close to it will be fantastic, I believe that some code can be built for it but I'm not qualified for it that's why I post it here to some more Excel Guru genious like you guys.

Thanks also for the tip, I appreciate it.

Thank you,
Serge.

serge

Wow this site is big, I wouldn't even know where to look that would correspond to my need ?

But Thank you.

Serge.

serge

Hi Icewind,

Did you create a spreadsheet to find the next Value ?

If yes can you post it ?

I need to use 9 filters together to find the sets and some filters use the 0 - 9 Values, same like here the center one get hit more often than the one on the outside.

If your spreadsheet can be used for all filters it would be great, no worries if it works I would not forget about you.

Regards,
Serge.

serge

PAB & Iceland,

I hope you guy can help in my problem, or to get close to it.
I'll be waiting who knows what can happen..
I mention you because you have help me in the past.

Serge.

Frank

As this thread was addressed to PAB and as been mentioned, he is "missing in action", I would like to add my concern that he has in fact been missing since 2nd December 2012, nearly 2 months ! This is most unlike him, and his last post on that date gave no indication of imminent disappearance, quite the contrary. If anyone has heard from PAB please reassure us. :)

Frank

PAB

Hi guys, thank you for your concern but all is well with me, I have been away working for a few weeks and where I was staying did not have an Internet connection believe it or not.
I will hopefully find some time over this weekend to catch up on what has been happening on this brilliant Forum. Obviously I have a lot of things to catch up on with post etc having been away for a while.
Thanks again guys :thumb:

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

PAB

Thanks Frank and Icewynd :agree:

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

serge

Hi PAB,

I was starting to worried about you, I was thinking, No not like GillesD, I'm glad your back.

Regards,
Serge.

Welcome again Pab.

Hello friends:

PAB,you can believe me if I say to you that I was very worried by your absence.

I thought that something happened slightly bad to you.

I am glad much about your return.:agree:

Regards:thumb:

serge

Hi PAB,

I just wanted to know if there is a problem, you're usually quick to respond, I hope everything is OK, if not please let me know !

Regards,
Serge.

bloubul

Hi All

Can any one help me with Greece Tzoker 5/45 draws from day 1 in excel or csv format. There are gross errors with GH updates and she does not respond to any emails.
If any one can help or guide me to down load it, I have search their site but no use.

BlouBul :cool:

Sidebar