F.C.Porto reachs UEFA Cup final (Football/Soccer)

thornc

My favourite portuguese football/soccer team has reached the cup final of the uefa cup!! They tied 0-0 on the second leg in Rome against Lazio, first leg result was 4-1 for Porto (or Oporto as some call it!)

Last time that Porto was present in an european cup final he won it!! It was the Champions Cup!!!

:D :cool:

Hope that they can win the final game, the adversary is Celtic of Glasgow, who won the other portuguese team still in play Boavista!

I know that probabily most of you don't even like football/soccer but I had to post this anyway!

Celtic is here

Hey ThornC

I am going for Celtic as I like British and German football in General....
Man Utd screwed up by giving Real Madrid too much respect..
I hope Celtic would do something to Scotland as their record is pathetic in modern times !!!!
As For Portugal, I was very disappointed to see them lose in the recent World Cup but hey the referees were pathetic toward Italy and Portugal ( favoring the hosts)...

thornc

Re: Celtic is here

ComboManiac said:
Hey ThornC

I am going for Celtic as I like British and German football in General....
Well if Celtic plays against Porto the same away they played against Boavista... I'm afraid Porto will eat them alive! :D

but hey the referees were pathetic toward Italy and Portugal ( favoring the hosts)...
The worse case was in the match beetween Spain and South Korea! The referee stole a perfectly legal goal from Spain!! That's what I call cheatting.... :dang:

I AGREE

Celtic must play better or they will be sweeped...I didn't watch it cause I don't have the channels for that...

I was gonna ask you....The Satellites Dishes in Portugal, do you guys pay anything monthly or just one time payment when u buy it ?

At the end Brazil winning the World Cup was much better than seeing South Korea winning it...
Germany gave the Brazilians too much respect so they deserved to lose 2/0 in the Final.....

thornc

Re: I AGREE

ComboManiac said:
Celtic must play better or they will be sweeped...I didn't watch it cause I don't have the channels for that...
Can you catch RTP International over there?? The international portugueese channel usually broadcasts all of these games envolving Portuguese teams, but this week they went with Lazio-Porto! Boavista-Celtic was on a different channel!
I was gonna ask you....The Satellites Dishes in Portugal, do you guys pay anything monthly or just one time payment when u buy it ?
Well the analog service is free, you buy the dish and you have to pay monthly if you subscribe to some pay-per-view channels (there aren't any portuguese ones), the digital service has a monthly payment that includes a national sports channel plus around 40/50 channels ranging from local to famous international
stations.

Germany gave the Brazilians too much respect so they deserved to lose 2/0 in the Final.....
Nah, the germans only had two good players, Ballack and Kann.
The first was tied for that final so they ended up only defending because Ballack was the playmaker of the team!! The brazilians had those wonderfull Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho plus the solid defense and midfield... only a good solid team like the Frech Euro2000 tem could have beaten them there!

thornc

And they won it!!!!!

Hehe, I was doing some spring cleaning...
(removing old subscribed threads...)

And I found this one.....

The outcome was that F.C.Porto won the 2003 Uefa Cup finnal!!!
3-2 After overtime!!

system13

Re: And they won it!!!!!

thornc said:
Hehe, I was doing some spring cleaning...
(removing old subscribed threads...)

And I found this one.....

The outcome was that F.C.Porto won the 2003 Uefa Cup finnal!!!
3-2 After overtime!!

I`m a Celtic fan and i have to say that I felt gutted for the Celts that night.

Porto are a good team, but so are Celtic. They both have good players and it was a very even match.

Porto were given the edge with Balde's sending off and had to rely on a mistake by Celtic to win the game, they hardly created anything!

I felt the game should have went to penalties, Celtic deserved at least that!

Also was very dissapointed in the constant diving and play acting from Porto - why can not be like men and get on with the game instead of rolling about after getting the bootlace nicked!

It really was disgusting and sad to watch a great goalkeeper like Victor Baia resort to rolling about of the pitch and acting like a woman when he was not even touched - really was a very sad sight!!!

Deco was a fine player and will move to a bigger side, but apart from him it was a very average side that beat Celtic.

:mad:

thornc

I must agree with you... it was not a good match, but it had good emotion for a final!

I think both teams could have played better, in fact Porto had some problems with Postiga being suspended, Yankaukas injured and then in the match Costinha and Jorge Costa got injured too.
So the coach was contrained in his decisions!!

About the general diving and play acting, here I disagree with you, Celtic played an hard game and with some other top level referees they would have fisnished the game with less then 10 players. I do agree with you about Baia, he was touched but it wasn't enough to make him roll like that!!!

In the end the team with the champions luck(Portugueese expression) won! It happens many times in sports and in live...

TOO BAD

I feel sorry for Celtic after a magnificent season domestic and European....
Especially seeing those Lucky rangers snatched it in the last moments !!! They were hammered 3/1 by Celtic recently :agree2:
But hey life goes on...

system13

Yes,one team had to lose,sadly for me it was Celtic but nevertheless congratulations to Porto,in overall competition until the finals they were the best team.

As for the events of yesterday, i was obviously disappointed that Celtic couldn't quite make it to hold on to the SPL. Must say fair play to Rangers though as they managed to recover from 2 Old Firm defeats in the last weeks of the season and dug very deep to hang on at the end. No complaints from me.

Rangers were always going to score at least 5 or 6 against Dunfermline,so no surprise there.

When Rangers won at Tynecastle last week the writing was on the wall as I couldn't see Celtic winning by a big score at Kilmarnock. In the event 4-0 was a great result though not quite enough on the day.

I would normally view Celtic drawing a blank as a disaster but this has been the most memorable season in a long time, thanks to the European run.

The Bhoys will be back.
:agree:

Brad

More of a hockey fan but ...

Not an expert like you guys but I enjoy soccer too, got Sheff U and Wolves on the tube now, 0-3 at 1/2 time ... very entertaining to watch !!

MUST BE PROMOTION PLAY OFFS

Brad,

3/0 at half time is fantastic.....I think these 2 teams are playing for promotion to upper division....
the game to watch is on May 28 where I hope AC Milan would beat Juventus.
I am not Italian fan but I would like to see AC Milan get the Double by winning the Italian Cup Final and UEFA too....

As for Hockey who do u think gonna lift the Cup ?

Brad

Yes to: PROMOTION PLAY OFFS

ComboManiac said:
... As for Hockey who do u think gonna lift the Cup ?
Dunno, since all Canadian teams are out now it's hard for me to care much, but New Jersey has more experienced players ... how mighty can a Duck be ? :D

PS. Sheff U did not score on a penalty in 2nd 1/2 , Wolves took it 3-0 ... back in Premier after 19 years

Sidebar