Excell formula

cdrake

I group the skips of a lotto number into ranges. Skip 1 to 2 are group 1. Skip 3 to 6 are group 2, skip 7 to 9 are group 3 and skip 10 and higher are group 4. This is done in excel 2007. I then analyze this column of numbers to try and determine if this number is going to hit while in this current group or is more likely to move out of the group. The column of numbers is similar to this.
Group
3 etc.
I was thinking of utilizing a count IF statement to count the number of times each group hit while moving down the column and assigning it a value for example starting at the top of the column. 1 followed by another 1 would become 12 followed by a 31, 41, 21, 32, 41, 11, 31, 21, 13 etc. Using the count formula as it stands just gives me a total hit value which is not what I'm after. Once I get this column of numbers I'll use the median value to determine if the number is likely to repeat in this group or not. I could do this by hand but it would be extremely time consuming and I spend too much time as it is following and tracking 3 lotteries. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sidebar