Excel help please

PAB

Hi Jol,

Just out of curiosity, how many sets of "My Numbers" are you intending on comparing?

I say this because what you could do is to move ALL the data down and insert more "My Numbers" ranges at the top of the SpreadSheet underneath the existing ORANGE range of E3:J3 for say more sets of "My Numbers".

If you could clarify EXACTLY what you expect the end product of this project to do then I will be able to help you!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

jol

PAB.
Thanks for the file and you are correct it does look better.
Range is N1842 =Current to N11
I wish to list Current (N1842 will change as you add draws) to N11 for each set of 6 numbers so would end up with something like this.

1 1 1 1 1
0 1 0 1 0
0 0 0 1 2
1 2 0 1 0
6 6 6 6 6 with 6 being the current 6 numbers drawn.
I will try to explain expectation and end product in next post, need to think a bit.
Jol

PAB

Hi Jol,

jol said:
Range is N1842 = Current to N11.

I wish to list Current (N1842 will change as you add draws) to N11 for each set of 6 numbers so would end up with something like this.

1 1 1 1 1
0 1 0 1 0
0 0 0 1 2
1 2 0 1 0
6 6 6 6 6 with 6 being the current 6 numbers drawn.
That doesn't sound like a big change and will be quite simple to do. The different sets results can be listed next to each other on the WorkSheet "UK Main 649 Lotto" in columns O,P... etc.

I don't understand the 6 6 6 6 6 part though, the results will never show that unless EITHER the 6 numbers you input are the EXACT 6 numbers drawn OR the numbers drawn are the same numbers drawn in 5 CONSECUTIVE draws :confused:

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

jol

PAB.
Icewynd posted "Eliminate up to 18 numbers" which was a great read and I thought explained quite well why you see some of the current numbers pop up in the history the way that they do.
He used the term "Completion cycles" my thoughts were that if you could turn the cycle round and start at the last draw then maybe there would be some useful data to be had.
When I first started looking at the Lottery some years ago I would plot the drawn numbers against 1 to 49 it got better if you started at 40 to 49 then did 1 to 49 and added 1 to 10 at the end, one of the things that struck me at that time was that current numbers sometimes followed the previous drawn history. The link is subtle so you can’t chase pairs or triples.
I hope using the file you have so kindly prepared it can be used to look back and highlight areas that link closely to current drawn numbers.
I don’t know if it will work to the point of being useful.
In short I am happy with the file you have shared with me. I do not at this time have any preset thoughts on expectation or end product.
If the data produces something of note I will then ask you for your help on taking it further.
If you can think of a better way then I am all ears.
Regards
Jol

jol

PAB
Correct Sir "6 numbers you input are the EXACT 6 numbers drawn"
Just trying to show that the start point for comparison would be the current draw.

PAB

Hi Jol,

Yes, the "Eliminate up to 18 numbers is a brilliant piece of statistical analysis by Icewynd and is quite thought provoking.

As far as the project we are working on, would you like me to include some more sets where you can input numbers into?
If so, how many sets would you like included?

The numbers matched, that are at present highlighted in red will only work from the range E3:J6 though, unless that is, you setup several WorkSheets, one for each of the additional data sets. I personally don't think that this is the way to go though. I think that ALL the data should reside in one WorkSheet!
The calculations for the additional data sets will go next to the current data set in column N, this way all the results will show like you posted previously.
If you would like me to do this then please let me know!

Regards,
PAB

jol

PAB
Yes please.
Is a futher 18 numbers OK 24 in total.
Red numbers are not needed for the other sets and staying in the same Worksheet is good.
Thank you again for your time.
Regards
Jol

PAB

Hi Jol,

jol said:
Yes please.
Is a futher 18 numbers OK, 24 in total?
Red numbers are not needed for the other sets and staying in the same WorkSheet is good.
Here you go!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/99c91o7k3gw3pd8/MediaFire_-_Jol_-_UK_Main_649_Lotto_(Excel_97-2003_WorkBook)_v1.2.xls

Please let me know what you think!

Regards,
PAB

PAB

Hi Jol,

jol said:
Your a genius, that will keep me busy for some time. :agree:
You're welcome!
Good luck with finding that ever elusive JackPot :agree: .

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar