Euromillions 5/50 Lowest Deltas

Hi PAB

Here I am, pestering you again.

PAB, by reading through the posts on this site, I am getting the impression that your particular interest is in the UK 6/49 Lotto.

But do you keep records of the Euromillions results? Euromillions is my particular interest.

Perhaps I should explain what I am trying to do (and a right dog's dinner I am making of it all!).

I have seen some of the statistics you have provided for other posters, where the 3 headings along the top of the table are:

Expected Actual Difference

These are the headings I want.

And in the left-hand description column I should like the Lowest Delta values: so that there will be 12 rows of data.

I realise that all 3 columns will need to be updated after each draw; but if I can get the past data in the form I want it, then I shall be able to update it manually.

It is only the Main Numbers of Euromillions that I am interested in. Ignore the Star Numbers.

And I should like the data from Draw #1 up to the latest Draw #616.

Are you able to extract this information from your records, PAB?

I hope that you can make sense of this post.

Thanks

Maureen

PAB

Welcome back Maureen,

maureen1038 said:
PAB, by reading through the posts on this site, I am getting the impression that your particular interest is in the UK 6/49 Lotto.
As you have probably noticed I live in the UK so my main interest is in ALL the UK Lotto's.
Although, I do follow the Canadian 649 Lotto extremely closely and often provide comparison results of the main UK 649 & Canadian 649 Lotto's.

maureen1038 said:
But do you keep records of the Euromillions results? Euromillions is my particular interest. Perhaps I should explain what I am trying to do (and a right dog's dinner I am making of it all!).
I have seen some of the statistics you have provided for other posters, where the 3 headings along the top of the table are:

Expected - Actual - Difference

These are the headings I want.
And in the left-hand description column I should like the Lowest Delta values: so that there will be 12 rows of data.

I realise that all 3 columns will need to be updated after each draw; but if I can get the past data in the form I want it, then I shall be able to update it manually.

It is only the Main Numbers of Euromillions that I am interested in. Ignore the Star Numbers.

And I should like the data from Draw #1 up to the latest Draw #616

Are you able to extract this information from your records, PAB?
I do keep a DataBase of the Euromillions results.

Do you have an Excel WorkBook that you are using for Euromillions, because if you do, you could upload the WorkBook and I could make the necessary additions to it so that it will automatically update after each draw, rather than you having to update it manually every time.
The way I would do it for you is to just add an extra WorkSheet with that statistical information for you.

But, in the meantime, here are the results that you have requested in hopefully the desired format.

Combinations
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 217.47 combinations - Actual = 234 combinations - Difference = 16.53 combinations.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 151.21 combinations - Actual = 148 combinations - Difference = -3.21 combinations.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 101.39 combinations - Actual = 106 combinations - Difference = 4.61 combinations.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 65.03 combinations - Actual = 62 combinations - Difference = -3.03 combinations.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 39.47 combinations - Actual = 29 combinations - Difference = -10.47 combinations.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 22.31 combinations - Actual = 18 combinations - Difference = -4.31 combinations.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 11.47 combinations - Actual = 12 combinations - Difference = 0.53 combinations.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 5.17 combinations - Actual = 3 combinations - Difference = -2.17 combinations.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 1.91 combinations - Actual = 3 combinations - Difference = 1.09 combinations.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 0.51 combinations - Actual = 1 combinations - Difference = 0.49 combinations.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 0.07 combinations - Actual = combinations - Difference = -0.07 combinations.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 0.00 combinations - Actual = combinations - Difference = 0.00 combinations.
Lowest Delta Totals > - Expected = 616.00 combinations - Actual = 616 combinations - Difference = 0.00 combinations.

Percentage
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 35.30% - Actual = 37.99% - Difference = 2.68%.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 24.55% - Actual = 24.03% - Difference = -0.52%.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 16.46% - Actual = 17.21% - Difference = 0.75%.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 10.56% - Actual = 10.06% - Difference = -0.49%.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 6.41% - Actual = 4.71% - Difference = -1.70%.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 3.62% - Actual = 2.92% - Difference = -0.70%.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 1.86% - Actual = 1.95% - Difference = 0.09%.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 0.84% - Actual = 0.49% - Difference = -0.35%.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 0.31% - Actual = 0.49% - Difference = 0.18%.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 0.08% - Actual = 0.16% - Difference = 0.08%.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 0.01% - Actual = 0.00% - Difference = -0.01%.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 0.00% - Actual = 0.00% - Difference = 0.00%.
Lowest Delta Totals > - Expected = 100.00% - Actual = 100.00% - Difference = 0.00%.

1 in Every
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 2.83 draws - Actual = 3 draws - Difference = -0.20 draws.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 4.07 draws - Actual = 4 draws - Difference = 0.09 draws.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 6.08 draws - Actual = 6 draws - Difference = -0.26 draws.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 9.47 draws - Actual = 10 draws - Difference = 0.46 draws.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 15.61 draws - Actual = 21 draws - Difference = 5.63 draws.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 27.61 draws - Actual = 34 draws - Difference = 6.61 draws.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 53.71 draws - Actual = 51 draws - Difference = -2.38 draws.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 119.26 draws - Actual = 205 draws - Difference = 86.07 draws.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 322.69 draws - Actual = 205 draws - Difference = -117.35 draws.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 1,210.72 draws - Actual = 616 draws - Difference = -594.72 draws.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 8,612.85 draws - Actual = draws - Difference = -8612.85 draws.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 353,126.67 draws - Actual = draws - Difference = -353126.67 draws.

I hope these are OK, please let me know!

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Euromillions Lowest Deltas

Gosh, PAB. That was quick. Thank you very much.

I'm afraid I do not have an Excel Workbook, because I do not know what such a thing is. However, it was kind of you to offer to update it for me.

You will probably find this hard to believe, but I keep all my records in exercise books, always working in pencil, and rubbing out the old figures when they need updating.

I am thrilled to bits with this information, especially the percentages. I had planned to work them all out myself with a calculator. This data will keep me happy for ages.

Thanks again PAB. You are a star!

Maureen

PAB

You're very welcome Maureen, good luck on winning the big one! :agree:

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Hi PAB

I should like to ask a subsidiary question on the same theme.

Could I have a similar set of data for the Euromillions Main Numbers, but this time starting at Draw #175 (i.e. excluding the first 174 draws)?

This is just for another little exercise I amuse myself with. My Euromillions tickets are purchased in Ireland, where there is an optional add-on game. This game started on 15 June 2007, ie draw #175. It is a 5/50 draw, but the results are chosen by an Electronic Drawing Machine, unlike the Euromillions which is drawn using Bouncing Balls. I find it a pleasant pastime to compare the two draws.

Thanks

Maureen

PAB

Hi Maureen,

maureen1038 said:
Could I have a similar set of data for the Euromillions Main Numbers, but this time starting at Draw #175 (i.e. excluding the first 174 draws)?

This is just for another little exercise I amuse myself with. My Euromillions tickets are purchased in Ireland, where there is an optional add-on game. This game started on 15 June 2007, i.e. draw #175. It is a 5/50 draw, but the results are chosen by an Electronic Drawing Machine, unlike the Euromillions which is drawn using Bouncing Balls. I find it a pleasant pastime to compare the two draws.
I hope you realise that these statistical results are based on the actual draws with Bouncing Balls (I like that interpretation), and not the Electronic Drawing Machine generated numbers that you mentioned.

Anyway, here are the results:

Combinations
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 156.04 combinations - Actual = 167 combinations - Difference = 10.96 combinations.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 108.50 combinations - Actual = 111 combinations - Difference = 2.50 combinations.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 72.75 combinations - Actual = 67 combinations - Difference = -5.75 combinations.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 46.66 combinations - Actual = 46 combinations - Difference = -0.66 combinations.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 28.32 combinations - Actual = 23 combinations - Difference = -5.32 combinations.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 16.01 combinations - Actual = 13 combinations - Difference = -3.01 combinations.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 8.23 combinations - Actual = 12 combinations - Difference = 3.77 combinations.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 3.71 combinations - Actual = 1 combinations - Difference = -2.71 combinations.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 1.37 combinations - Actual = 1 combinations - Difference = -0.37 combinations.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 0.37 combinations - Actual = 1 combinations - Difference = 0.63 combinations.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 0.05 combinations - Actual = combinations - Difference = -0.05 combinations.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 0.00 combinations - Actual = combinations - Difference = 0.00 combinations.
Lowest Delta Totals > - Expected = 442.00 combinations - Actual = 442 combinations - Difference = 0.00 combinations.

Percentage
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 35.30% - Actual = 37.78% - Difference = 2.48%.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 24.55% - Actual = 25.11% - Difference = 0.57%.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 16.46% - Actual = 15.16% - Difference = -1.30%.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 10.56% - Actual = 10.41% - Difference = -0.15%.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 6.41% - Actual = 5.20% - Difference = -1.20%.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 3.62% - Actual = 2.94% - Difference = -0.68%.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 1.86% - Actual = 2.71% - Difference = 0.85%.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 0.84% - Actual = 0.23% - Difference = -0.61%.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 0.31% - Actual = 0.23% - Difference = -0.08%.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 0.08% - Actual = 0.23% - Difference = 0.14%.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 0.01% - Actual = 0.00% - Difference = -0.01%.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 0.00% - Actual = 0.00% - Difference = 0.00%.
Lowest Delta Totals > - Expected = 100.00% - Actual = 100.00% - Difference = 0.00%.

1 in Every
Lowest Delta 01 - Expected = 2.83 draws - Actual = 3 draws - Difference = -0.19 draws.
Lowest Delta 02 - Expected = 4.07 draws - Actual = 4 draws - Difference = -0.09 draws.
Lowest Delta 03 - Expected = 6.08 draws - Actual = 7 draws - Difference = 0.52 draws.
Lowest Delta 04 - Expected = 9.47 draws - Actual = 10 draws - Difference = 0.14 draws.
Lowest Delta 05 - Expected = 15.61 draws - Actual = 19 draws - Difference = 3.61 draws.
Lowest Delta 06 - Expected = 27.61 draws - Actual = 34 draws - Difference = 6.39 draws.
Lowest Delta 07 - Expected = 53.71 draws - Actual = 37 draws - Difference = -16.88 draws.
Lowest Delta 08 - Expected = 119.26 draws - Actual = 442 draws - Difference = 322.74 draws.
Lowest Delta 09 - Expected = 322.69 draws - Actual = 442 draws - Difference = 119.31 draws.
Lowest Delta 10 - Expected = 1,210.72 draws - Actual = 442 draws - Difference = -768.72 draws.
Lowest Delta 11 - Expected = 8,612.85 draws - Actual = draws - Difference = -8612.85 draws.
Lowest Delta 12 - Expected = 353,126.67 draws - Actual = draws - Difference = -353126.67 draws.

I hope these are OK, please let me know!

Regards,
PAB

Thank you PAB. This is perfect.

Yes, I realise that this data refers to actual Euromillions results drawn with Bouncing Balls; and that it differs from the first set of data you provided only in the fact that it covers a smaller range.

I do not play the add-on game because I do not like Electronic Drawing Machines. But I keep a record of the results for analysis and comparison, purely for my own amusement. When I have got a few tables of numerical data to look at, I am as happy as a sandboy.

Thanks again PAB

Best wishes

Maureen

PAB

Hi Maureen,

maureen1038 said:
I'm afraid I do not have an Excel Workbook, because I do not know what such a thing is. However, it was kind of you to offer to update it for me.

You will probably find this hard to believe, but I keep all my records in exercise books, always working in pencil, and rubbing out the old figures when they need updating.
It's a shame that you don't have Excel or a rudimentary knowledge of it because I could create a basic WorkBook for you with regard to EuroMillions that all you would have to do then is to enter the 7 numbers for each draw.

But I am glad that you are now as happy as a sandboy :rolling: .

Regards,
PAB

serge

Hi PAB,

You mention that you have an Excel file that can be updated automatically !!! that is something I'm really interested in, can you explain how you do it, I would love to do that on my 4 games, that would be faster and also avoiding humain error, Thank you.

Regards,
Serge.

PAB

Hi Serge,

serge said:
Hi PAB,

You mention that you have an Excel file that can be updated automatically!!! that is something I'm really interested in, can you explain how you do it, I would love to do that on my 4 games, that would be faster and also avoiding humain error.
There is not a straight forward answer to your question really Serge.
It depends on what statistical analysis you want to generate.

The BASIC EuroMillions WorkSheet will obviously contain (well mine does) the...

The Draw Number.
The Draw Day.
The Draw Date.
The 5 Main & 2 Lucky Star Numbers In Drawn Order.
The 5 Main & 2 Lucky Star Numbers In Sorted Ascending Order ( Using Formulas ).
The Millionaire Raffle Number.

Then it depends on what statistics you want to generate for each draw, obviously by using Formulas to achieve the required results.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-

serge

Hi PAB,

I don't need no statistic, I have my own, I'm interested in the automatic update only.

The Draw Number.
The Draw Day.
The Draw Date.
The 5 Main & 2 Lucky Star Numbers In Drawn Order.
The 5 Main & 2 Lucky Star Numbers In Sorted Ascending Order ( Using Formulas )

The funny thing is that is exactly the way I set up all my files minus the ( The 5 Main & 2 Lucky Star Numbers In Drawn Order ) I write them directly in numerical order, but all this manually, and all my file are from older draw on top and going down for newer draw.

It's has to be a code for the draw to be added, I didn't know it was possible, but ( if you can say ) which web site do you get the newest draws result ?

Thank you.

Regards,
Serge

PAB

Hi Serge,

serge said:
I'm interested in the automatic update only.
I think you must have misunderstood what I was actually saying to Maureen. I was trying to explain to her that all she would have to physically enter into the SpreadSheet would be the drawn numbers, and that any statistics that she was generating would be automatically updated via the Formula themselves, that's it.

serge said:
It has to be a code for the draw to be added, I didn't know it was possible, but ( if you can say ) which web site do you get the newest draws result?
Not quite following you here, but if I understand you correctly, are you saying that when you open your SpreadSheet that it automatically goes off to a website and downloads the latest draws for you, there by you not having to input them yourself???

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-

serge

Hi PAB,

Yes that's what I thought you were saying, I miss understood you, my bad, sorry, That would of been great !

Thank you.

Regards,
Serge.

PAB

Hi Serge,

serge said:
Yes that's what I thought you were saying, I miss understood you, my bad, sorry, That would of been great!
I am not saying that it can't be done because I know that it can be done.
A Google search will no doubtedly return many websites and software that is capable of doing this.
It is not something that I have been interested in doing because you are totally relying on the software you are using to be 100% correct and download the correct results for the correct Lotto into the correct cells within your SpreadSheet.
I personally like to be in charge of the data that I enter into my SpreadSheets, that way I know the data is correct for all of the cases I have just mentioned above.
Sometimes Human intervention is better than Machine intervention without a doubt :agree: .

Regards,
PAB

Sidebar