Encore Question

Clarity

I'm new to this forum so my apologies if this has already been answered somewhere before. Is the Encore a good thing to play? How about odds in winning? Thanks.

Maggie

odds of winning encore

Welcome Clarity,

Here is info taken from lottery site:
What is Encore?
Encore is an extra game that you can get for $1 in Lotto 6/49 or Super 7. The computer picks your numbers randomly when you go to register your Lotto 6/49 at a participating store and you have the "yes to encore" square checked on your ticket. Then the winning numbers are drawn beside the Lotto 6/49 winning numbers. You can win a prize of up to $250,000 and the overall odds of winning is 1 in 5.26. :)

I think for an extra dollar, it is well worth playing the encore.

Florie

I have tried and played all kinds of lotteries but never played the encore. I don't know why I can't spend that extra dollar for it.
Oh, well.

Beaker

Florie said:
I have tried and played all kinds of lotteries but never played the encore. I don't know why I can't spend that extra dollar for it.
Oh, well.
I don;t either Florie :dang: I like to pick my numbers and I think if I were to spend an extra $ I'd get a quickpik. :agree:
I didn't realize the odds were so good with the encore.:agree2:

dwoods99

Re: odds of winning encore

...snip... You can win a prize of up to $250,000 and the overall odds of winning is 1 in 5.26. :)
Personally, Encore/Extra/'The Plus' or whatever it is called inyour local area, I think it's a waste of money. The odds quoted are very deceiving, check the back of your 6/49 playslips next time you fill out your numbers. I quote from Western Canada Lottery ...

All six digits -- $100,000 --- 1 in 1,000,000
Last 5 digits ----- $1,000 --- 1 in . 111,111
Last 4 digits ------- $100 --- 1 in .. 11,111
Last 3 digits -------- $50 --- 1 in ... 1,111
First 2 digits or last 2 digits -- $10 --- 1 in 52.9
First digit or last digit -------- Free Play --- 1 in 5.8

Odds of winning any prize are approximately one in 5.3 . All odds are approximate.

Free play means one 6/49 quick pick and the Plus/Encore/Extra entered - a $2 value.

Brad

BC Extra - must match 4/99 nrs for the Jackpot

the odds are as follows:

4/4.....$500,000...1:3,764,376
3/4.....$1,000..............1:9,906
2/4.....$10......................1:141
1/4.....$1.........................1:6.8
Any prize.........................1:6.5

Can't select your own, all tickets are $1 ran. gen., I'd rather play my own nrs - 2 chances for a buck for BC49 where Any prize has 1:27 odds/dollar.

Last edited:

Sidebar