Drastic changes to UK Lotto to take place in October

Frank

UK lottery operator Camelot have just announced that the current 6/49 format will come to an end in October. Their proposal is that the format will be 6/59 drastically worsening the odds of winning a jackpot to about one in 45 million.

Despite it also being harder to win a consolation prize for matching three, four or five balls, the prize money for these levels will stay the same. The only consolation would be that if a player matches 2 balls they win a free ticket for another draw.
By this tactic they claim that the overall odds of winning a prize actually goes down from one in 54 to one in 9.3.
Reaction on social media is furious, and I am furious too. In one fell swoop they have rendered my 25 year old website obsolete. It is designed only to work with the 6/49 matrix and would need major spreadsheet redesign to make it work with 6/59. I just don't have the time and enthusiasm for this format. Sad but true.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33148109

Icewynd

But, the Lottery Corporation will make more money, Frank. Sadly this is all that matters now.

I'm wondering how long our Canadian 6/49 game, which has been running since 1982, will be safe.

I know this must be wrenching, since you have invested so much of your time and energy into it.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Frank

The good news is that every aspect of the site was free, so there would be no financial loss involved in not updating it.
It never got much traffic, so I doubt anyone will miss it. :)

blitzed

PowerBall doubled price
MegaMillions doubled odds

so it was one evil or the other:rolling:

pick3/pick4 for me, no more longshots...the lotto ops:finger:are too greedy

anyway, they are foolish to ditch classic lotto.

cya!
blitzed:thumb:

Frank

Well tonight will be the very last UK 6/49 Lotto, so its a sad day for lovers of the existing format. Saturday will be the UK's first 6/59 lotto.

Precise details of the changes with honest apraisals of them have been done by R.K Lloyd on his merseyworld lotto site. Details are in this link:-

http://lottery.merseyworld.com/Info/Main_Changes_2015.html

:bawl:

jack

hello frank
Any lottery has many tricks and strategies escondidos.Quando the regulator finds that the odds
winning starts to get bigger for the person playing the game, the entity creates a new game.
Normally when you create a new game, the background turns out to be an offshoot of an earlier lottery.
But let's get to the oldest trick of lotteries is the spread of numbers.
The lottery tries to trick you into some lottery games, increasing the number you need more combinations of numbers in order to win something or just play the minimum and hope you win with the odds against you for being a huge amount .
The trick is very simple, many already know can remember and those who read the first time, can use against the spread of numbers, because the lottery numbers do not spread out all the time.
Here's a tip, each defines how to use:
1) As of choosing numbers strategy, setting a trap for luck to find you.
2) How filters
3) ETC
MEGA SENA 6/60:
Strategic fields: 1-39, 11-49 and 22-60
A sample of some results from the past
(1-39) 1-7-18-23-24-33
(1-39) 4-5-9-19-29-39
(1-39) 3-11-25-27-30-37
(1-39) 3-7-9-15-26-35
(1-39) 6-18-20-21-34-36
(1-39) 1-11-14-16-28-31
(1-39) 1-9-14-30-35-37

Frank

Well at the end of the day, it's random, so literally ANYTHING is possible. With no history to look back on one might as well get the family dog to choose the numbers! One good thing about the new lottery is that one player out of ( 9 to 25 million players) will win a random raffle with their ticket. That's better odds than the 6/59 jackpot odds . More chance of being struck by lightning indoors.

Frank

Well it looks like the British public haven't been fooled by the spin. According to calculations on the Merseyworld site Saturday ticket sales fell by 27.9% on the first draw of the new format. Camelot are also trying to pull the wool over our eyes about how much money was paid out in prize money for that draw. They say it was £38.2 million when in fact it was £29.9 million. They conveniently forgot that approx £5.3 million wasn't won (jackpot rolled over) and £3.0 million was allowed for free lucky dips which are a zero cash prize to the public.

I 'won' a free lucky dip which gives me a less than 2% chance of winning some money next time. Yippee!

I'm surprised that RK Lloyds Merseyworld site haven't reset their statistics now that the lottery has changed. I regard it as a complete reset to zero for everything and brand new statistics. He is just carrying on with the original draw number sequence, ten new balls added, so his frequencies are lop sided, with the frequency for ball number 2 , drawn on Saturday being 242, whilst frequencies in the 50 to 59 range are zero apart from numbers 52 and 53, which were drawn on Saturday. Other statistics like pairs etc will be equally skewed.
I'm still going to be doing my own analysis from scratch on the 659 lotto, I just won't be publishing to the web on a regular basis.

anubina

http://www.lottoforums.com/lottery/130736-post2.html

anubina said:
When the machine mark the ball as prime number or even and odd... This machine has the characterization of the ball? This machine has an algorithm to mark the balls? No, the construction of the balls is similiar but in coherence structure is different...

Then the ID (marked as integer) has only one attribute: The predisposition for the enter in the cage (I assume that this predisposition is equal in all draws)...

I suppose that we are the company that make the draws...:
- Then We ommit the predisposition (no photo, no video, no standar, no auditors..., no no no no no & no).
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE ommit the extraction order (no photo, no video, no standar, no auditors..., no no no no no & no)
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the rules of the game (more balls for example euromillions from 9 stars to 11 stars, change the probabilitys, math expectation for prize)...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the prizes of the game...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE use more social engineer before (more idiots players, more stupids news for the fashion numbers...)...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the taxes of the price (for example in Spain the tax income in the main price before 2012 was 0%, after 21% :burnt: )...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the fiscal rules (HAHAHHAHAHAHA, for example in Spain if you win >3000€ in the year, then you paid 21% of taxes, and in the next tax income you paid for the + increment of your economic status)....
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the electronic betting (little by little change the phisical beat for electronic beat, more control)...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE change the conditions of the game (more lights, rotators varitions, changes of time extractions)...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE have the enough money for make the hidden changes (buy auditors, corruption, magnetic balls?)...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE end the game and begin a new game...
- Not sufficient (of course)? THEN WE have the law, and we have the power of anything.
:kaioken: :kaioken: :kaioken:

Icewynd

Frank said:
I'm surprised that RK Lloyds Merseyworld site haven't reset their statistics now that the lottery has changed. I regard it as a complete reset to zero for everything and brand new statistics. He is just carrying on with the original draw number sequence, ten new balls added, so his frequencies are lop sided, with the frequency for ball number 2 , drawn on Saturday being 242, whilst frequencies in the 50 to 59 range are zero apart from numbers 52 and 53, which were drawn on Saturday. Other statistics like pairs etc will be equally skewed.
I'm still going to be doing my own analysis from scratch on the 659 lotto, I just won't be publishing to the web on a regular basis.

I agree, Frank -- I think he should re-set to zero. This is a completely different game than the 6/49 format. All analysis numbers will be completely different with the new number matrix.

Glad to hear that sales have taken a hit. Hopefully Camelot will lose big-time from this change.

Icewynd

On another number-pickers group that I belong to I was startled to see that several people were taken by surprise by the increased matrix of numbers.

Perhaps you can use that to your advantage by picking at least one number over 50. If people who are actively involved in picking lotto numbers are not aware of the change, it can be assumed that much of the general public would be even less aware and may not pick in the 50-59 range. Also, people who have been playing a set of numbers for years may not want to change their sets to incorporate the new numbers. The upshot is that any winning sets that include the new numbers may be shared among fewer people, thus paying out a higher amount to those that play all the numbers.

Always look on the bright side of life...

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Frank

For UK players, Camelot did their best to ensure there was no confusion. For example if you tried to buy tickets in advance for multiple draws before October 8th, you were prevented from purchasing any tickets for draws later than that date. This applied both in shops and on line. The National lottery App and the official website was down on October 8th, when they came back on line, initially there was just a message "We are changing" with advice to call back later to see their exciting new site and a chance to choose 10 extra balls, tickets will be on sale soon.
The updated app and website made it clear that there were now 59 balls in Lotto, said that tickets were now on sale and the 3 options for purchase on line were

a) play my saved numbers (1-49) but remember there are 59 balls.
b) choose your numbers from a 1 to 59 grid
c) lucky dip.

Also it was said that normally there would be one £1million raffle winner, but on opening night there would be 25 millionaire winning raffle tickets.

So I'm surprised people were able to bet without it being clear the matrix had changed and that draw had special significance. Maybe people outside the UK buying through proxies did not have the luxury of all that information.

Icewynd, your logic is sound regarding not wanting to discard long standing sets of numbers with 49 as the highest number, I'm still keeping 2 of my 25 year old lines, if I do any more I will be the taking into account the full range of numbers to 59. At the moment it's all guesswork with no history for any system to work with. I'm now more likely to use random.org than ever before.

jack

Hello,frank, ice... now the lottery in England have 59 balls you can divide into 4 groups
*15,15,15, and 14 = always one of the groups will have zero or a number and another on minimum condition (may have more will have two numbers, if you play two numbers where the group has zero will make mistakes and
play a number in the group that has two or more will also miss this is 100%
you can play 45 numbers is to wait until it comes out the default or play in the 4 lines 45,45,45, 44. One of the lines will have 5 points in 100% can check
filter can take the last draw and its adjacent 18 numbers are always the last to the next. Frank the 6 endings of 1 million but if you put in ascending order
*without worrying about the position of the last digit is 100%
*you want the file endings 5005 in ascending order
*000000-555555 = 5005 at 100% of 59/6 in ascending order
eg 122 346 or 334 456 ....... 5005 are at 100%
now lacks the initial digit 0-5, you will see now with the 59/6
terminations from 0 to 9 can be a good filter position for the position

jack

Hello, from one million in 5005 fell to 100% at 100% but in ascending order
Not taking into account a position do you want? Test the file? You can simulate
* 10mil in 10 milhaoes raffles or more to prove, repeat terminations must be in ascending order. OK

Frank

Well I won another lucky dip on Wednesday, and the ticket that won the lucky dip was the lucky dip ticket I won on Saturday. Numbers in the 50 to 59 range have been well represented in the first 2 results in the new format. Will they be present on Saturday? The lucky dip they just gave me has numbers 53,55,58 on it, so I would expect not to see them this time.

jack

Maybe like this:

If you want a combination of 6 two-digit numbers, that is 12 digits. So let's assume that you want 4 times 0, 3 times 1, 2 times 9 and 3 times 5, that is 12 all together. Now you need to arrange them into pairs to make numbers. I think that it will be easier to compose numbers 0..59, instead of 1..60, so in the end, you take 0 (i.e. 00) for 60.

Start with a line:

Here, you only have 10 digits (0, 1 and 5) which qualify for the first digit in numbers below 60. So you first choose 6 digits to take positions of the first digit in each number.

For a start, you choose a random number from 1..10. E.g. you get 5. You have digit 1 in the place number 5 (marked red), so you take it out. That will be the first digit of your first number. What is left is this:

Now choose a random number from 1..9. E.g., you get 3, where you find digit 0, so the first digit for the second number is 0. This is now left:

Etc. Let's say that you end up fith the following digits: 1,0,5,1,5,0

So, now you are left with a sequence:

For the second digit, all digits qualify. So you now choose a random number from 1..6. E.g., you get 4, which gives you digit 5. Etc.

Let's say that in the end, your second sequence is 5,0,1,9,0,9. This gives you your final combination:

This one is OK, but it could happen that the same number appears twice, so you might need to swap the last digits of two numbers in the end.

Sidebar