Does a new Matrix change really matter

larbec

I am curious what others think.

Does it really matter when the lottery does a Matrix change to add more numbers? My theory is .... If all numbers connect and pairs have a habit of finding each other then why does it matter when we do a history unless its just for hot and cold numbers.

Teufellj

Hi, larbec,

My thought is that various lottery commissions or syndicates feel a need to gain more money by seeding a little confusion into each and every player's mental processing. We all have the urge and drive needed to win a few dollars but when we are zeroing in for a win some type of subliminal thought manages to distract us. A Matrix change will cause many people to...let a store computer pick the numbers (really?) or figure that there are too many variables to do your own work, so you do a quick pick for odds of 100,000 to one or more. Another thing is...a Matrix change for the most part---ruins past history!

Teufellj... :):(

Icewynd

Yes, I think it matters. In fact, I think it is really a whole new lottery game.

Established pairings and followers will be disrupted by the addition of new numbers into the mix. Ratios and patterns are guaranteed to change to adapt to the new number structure. For example you may have an entire new Decade to consider, your E/O patterns will shift higher, sums will sprout a whole bunch that weren't there before and the median will shift upwards, etc. ,etc. So the whole thing will look, feel and behave differently than it did before.

Alas, alas.
:thumb:

Frank

Well, They've said it all, I can't add much to that. In any case I said my piece in this thread. Change matrix and Its a new lottery.

http://www.lottoforums.com/lottery/international-state-lotteries/13509-drastic-changes-uk-lotto-take.html

Cartref45

I agree, when the UK Thunderball changed form 5/34 to 5/39, I started a new database and statistical/result spreadsheets as I believe the whole balance of the Lottery changed.

Cartref45

larbec

Thanks for all the replies. What everyone says makes sense to a very good point with added numbers and pairs but I still see similarities. For example 13-31, 34-43, 36-63 still play together. Still have a lot of the same consecutive numbers. I'll start to build new data basis. Thanks

mabuse

Hi everyone!
When the Irish Lotto went from 45 to 47 numbers in September, the numbers 46 and 47 only ever appeared on Wednesdays but not on Saturdays so far!!!! (draws 1 out of 3). But it doesn't mean that I'm likely to ignore those two numbers for Saturdays.

Frank

The U.K. Lotto did the opposite, the new decade has featured in the majority of draws since inception, it's the preferred decade at the moment, and the latest draw had a triple in the 50's along with a triple in the teens. All ten of the 50's decade are now out, several of them multiple times in only 17 draws.

Sidebar