Canada's grand prix out!

Because of regulations in smoking advertisements...There will be no F1 grand prix in Montreal next year...And to be honest I am happy about it :lol: ....But what is worrying me is what will be the next event to disapear because of that law.... :confused:
For sure it will not be the Stanley cup .....This has already disapear to the profit of big American cities....The only thing that I can say is....
:eek: :nopity:
Up in smoke!! :lol:

Beaker

Any cigarette sponsored event is toast. Grand Prix, tennis, that nice Jazz Festival you have - probably gone. :agree: And Molson won't spend the $$ and I doubt Bell will either.

Who's left? the government? :lol: no :no:

But they can't blame the separatists for that one so who are they going to blame??....Hum...might not be good for us natives people....after all we were the first to smoke that tobacco kind of stuff...And we are the ones that introduced it to the white people first...That doesn't smell good..... :lol:

Brad

:lol: :lol: ... now that's funny ... now anytime someone bugs me to to quit I'll point to DB and his ancestors ... and let's not blame the tobacco companies :smokin: ;)

Maggie

I must have tried to quit smoking at least 50 times before I finally did it, but what was really pathetic, was I would put the patch on in the morning and then take it off at lunch time and smoke the rest of the day. INSANITY!! :dizzy: (there's hope for you yet, kitty)

Just thought I'd share a smokin story.

Brad said:
:lol: :lol: ... now that's funny ... now anytime someone bugs me to to quit I'll refer them to DB and his ancestors ... and let's not blame the tobacco companies ;)
Believe me Brad...They'll blame everyone except the roller of the economy....Thank god lotto is not smoke advertised...
What strikes me is that people in general doesn't see alcool as bad as smoking....In Beaker's post up:look: there...The Beak refers to Molson for taking the place of these compagnies...Aren't they selling stuff as dangerous as the smoking industries??
If the answer is yes ...They are doomed too in the longer run....
So only the granola company should advertise these events...
:lol: :lol:

Brad

Maggie said:
I must have tried to quit smoking at least 50 times before I finally did it, but what was really pathetic, was I would put the patch on in the morning and then take it off at lunch time and smoke the rest of the day. INSANITY!! :dizzy:

I heard the patch works best when placed on one's mouth .... actually duct tape is much cheaper :lol: :D

Not talking about the government advertisement here...these fellows would not kill you but they would kill your wallet.... :lol: :lol:
Now here's a jewel....Did you know that a diamond could cut anything??....Especially your bank account.... :lol: :lol:

Brad

Maggie said:
... <snip> ... (there's hope for you yet, kitty)

give up Maggie for I'm a hopeless, lost cause ... in more ways than one ;)

Seriously when thinking about quiting smoking....think about the big diamond that you can by yourself Maggie.....And the urges to smoke will pass.......
So in that sense a diamond could really cut everything even a bad smoking habit....I never saw a smoker wearing a big diamond as a necklace....But when you think about it...I never anybody wearing a diamond as a necklace....Simply because you have to drill a hole in it first...By the time you achieve this it doesn't matter if you are a smoker or not...
:lol: :lol:

Maggie said:
I must have tried to quit smoking at least 50 times before I finally did it, but what was really pathetic, was I would put the patch on in the morning and then take it off at lunch time and smoke the rest of the day. INSANITY!! :dizzy: (there's hope for you yet, kitty)

Glad you never gave up trying Maggie...Your healt is more precious than everything...Believe me I know what I'm talking about.... :agree: :agree2:

Brad

Dennis, I like your diamond analogy ... quit an buy one with the money saved ... or free up more $$ for lotto :agree:

Maggie

Well, on Aug.22, it will be 3 1/2 years since I quit smoking, and still no BIG diamond, but that's ok, I'm not into diamonds anyways.

Brad said:
Dennis, I like your diamond analogy ... quit an buy one with the money saved ... or free up more $$ for lotto :agree:
If I was a smoker...I would smoke a lot judging from the tickets I'm buying everyday....But imagine these 20 numbers posters!! :lol: :lol: :eek:

Maggie said:
Well, on Aug.22, it will be 3 1/2 years since I quit smoking, and still no BIG diamond, but that's ok, I'm not into diamonds anyways.
Nice girl...Than you must have a good bank account! Casanova help me here...... :lol:

Sidebar