Brits finally notice matrix change

Icewynd

Ha! The implications of the price increase and matrix change are finally dawning on British lottery players:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/584952/National-Lottery-rip-off-jackpot-ten-balls

Unfortunately, the time to protest would have been when the changes were first proposed.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Teufellj

Well now, Icewynd, it would seem that the lottery commissions all around the world, have started a new "Ring of Fire" with their greed!
It serves them right. A poor pig farmer has a less smelly and cleaner area...

Teufellj... :)

mabuse

Instead of protesting, those players should just open their eyes to the alternatives on offer: Thunderball, 49s and Irish Lotto at bookies....
But some of them rather "give in" and carry on playing what they've always played:
The "classic" Lotto which is no longer "classic"!!

Frank

I notice that the article linked to was dated June 2015, so we realised the problem in good time and protested on Camelots Facebook page and elsewhere. The Camelot spin machine just continued trying to kid us it was easier to win but we weren't fooled.
To prove how hard it is to win the jackpot, the lotto is now on its 13 times rollover, and with reduced sales and three times harder to win, it could go a lot further. With 13 million tickets sold, less than a third of the combinations are covered.

blitzed

hi y'all...yup, lotto mafia either double cost to play, or make the odds of winning twice as bad:rolling:

cya,
blitzed:spiny:

Frank

Or BOTH as in th case of the U.K. Lottery, in fact it's 6 times harder for your pound compared with two years ago.

blitzed

hiya Frank, bummer...yeah, hardtimes yet they really stomp on peoples' lotto dreams there now:burnt:

cya,
blitzed :spiny:

Icewynd

Most places either do a matrix change OR raise the price, but not both at once.

Have the changes affected sales at all? I would imagine they have.

Good Luck!

blitzed

interesting info from Camelot UK lotto 6/59:

'If nobody wins the Lotto jackpot in the draw when it hits £50m or more,
it will roll to the next draw one final time. Then, the jackpot MUST BE
WON'!

'So, if no one matches all six main numbers, the massive prize WILL be
shared by the players with the most winning numbers'.

later,
blitzed:spiny:

Frank

Even more interesting is the fact that after TV publicity about tonight being the highest ever roll over jackpot, nobody could get on the website after 5 pm because it was overwhelmed with people trying to get last minute tickets. I failed to get on , trying for over an hour to get online.
So all I have is just one long standing line in tonight's draw. I really hope it rolls over, then the odds drop to about 7 million to 1.

Frank

Yes it did roll over, 22 million tickets sold still were not nearly enough to find the winning combination, which again seems to favour the 50's decade.

Frank

Well The UK Lotto was won, two lucky tickets matched all six balls and get about £30 million each. Camelot must be feeling pretty smug as sales rocketed on Saturday for the 'must be won' draw. Over the 27 draws since the change, sales hardly changed until about 10 draws ago when the number of rollovers kept increasing. Theres been a steady increase in sales draw by draw since then and last night a massive peak of £95 million (normally £32 million on Saturday) was reached. This is the third biggest sales figure (in cash) of all time, its 20 years since this figure was exceeded. Its worth noting that 20 years ago tickets were £1 not £2 so actual tickets sold yesterday were half of 95 million, but 20 years ago actually100 million or so were sold. Theres still less people playing the game.

Heres a chart of the last 2 years Saturday and Wednesday sales, showing the recent spike in sales. It will drop back again now.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/na16t6pacac0bq3/lotto.gif

Icewynd

I guess that's the effect they were after with the new structure of capped jackpot with cascading prizes. Unfortunately, this will encourage other lottery administrators to impose changes in the matrix and game structure.

We have not experienced it (yet) in Canada, with changes being limited to price increases, but who knows how long they will be able to contain their greed?

Good Luck!

Sidebar