Being positive can improve luck

Sheba

Being positive can improve luck

It appears that people who tell you to "look on the bright side" are right - according to a psychologist who says it makes you luckier in life.

Maximise your chances of something good happening by creating, noticing and acting on opportunities,Listen to "gut feelings" and act on "hunches" about people or situations,Cope with bad luck and turn it around by imaging how things could have been worse, or looking at what could be done about the problem.
Luck lessons

It's being positive about everything you do, rather than looking for bad luck to come your way

"If people do want to change their luck, now's a good time of year to do it."

'It could have been worse'

"Now, if something bad happens, think of it as good luck, as it could have been worse.

"It's being positive about everything you do, rather than looking for bad luck to come your way."

Sheba..:dog:

Randal

I don't know if I read something about luck on this message board or somewhere else BUT I once read something about consistancy with luck. Some doctors were carried out a study regarding luck and found that people that were lucky were consistant with being lucky and vice versa.

Personally I think the study was flawed, it probably had more to do with being positive or negative than being lucky or unlucky. What I mean by that is, a negative person is going to often recall negative things in their lives and they would commonly brush off any "lucky" experiences.

It is widely accepted in psychology that people have a strong desire for consistancy. For example, we have a hard time doing things that contradict our normal behavior, people tend to think and act in ways consistant with their self-image. A negative person isn't going to easily adopt the idea of themselves being lucky. So with respect to that, there aren't any truely lucky or unlucky people. Everything is basically chance, although I'm sure a lot of people are seemingly luckier than others but usually these people are considered lucky for only a few major isolated events.

Although all of this seems very contradicting, I do agree with you Sheba. If you maintain a positive outlook on life you will probably feel luckier, take less for granted, be much happier AND BE LUCKIER TOO. A positive outlook may also increase your chances of winning something like the lottery because you'll be more inclined to play.
My Mom has no faith in the lottery so she doesn't play, but my Dad will.

Being positive will likely increase whatever chances you have at being lucky because you'll take those risks needed. But logically, if both an optimist and a pessimist play they're equally likely to win or lose.

Just my 2 cents.

So keep smiling people and don't give up :D

Sheba

I'm Thinking Positive...

Seems to be that Dennis is very positive about winning the lotteries and he wins allot the time ..
So maybe there is something to this thinking positive all the time..:agree:

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
--------------------------------------------------------

Sheba

LUCK

According to an article appearing in the Times newspaper recently, a common trait among people who are lucky is that they are optimistic about their chances of winning. Where as pessimistic types will have just one go at the Lottery (for example) each week - because there is little sense in throwing good money away when they will not win anyway - optimists have 2-5 goes and win more often. Although the researcher found that £ for £ the optimist didn't win more often than the pessimist, over a six month period they would win 2-5 times more often than the pessimist in the same period. Positive Thinking People often decide to consider themselves lucky, if for no other reason than their optimism has proven useful in the past and the phenomena of the self fulfilling prophesy works in wondrous ways. Of course, being known as lucky can help in job hunting, making friends, etc., too.

Sheba..:dog:

Re: I'm Thinking Positive...

Sheba said:
Seems to be that Dennis is very positive about winning the lotteries and he wins allot the time ..
So maybe there is something to this thinking positive all the time..:agree:

Sheba__:bouncy: :dog:~~~
--------------------------------------------------------
Yes I am a positive person...but I do belive in my opinion that there is more at play than this.... :agree: :agree2:

Brad

Well, all I can say is that I am positive 99% of the time but so far that has not resulted in a positive lotto-cash flow. Maybe I'm kidding myself each time when I say "Self, this one is the winning ticket!!" :dizzy: One must also distinguish between positive and wishful thinking sometimes ;) .

Beaker

Brad said:
Well, all I can say is that I am positive 99% of the time but so far that has not resulted in a positive lotto-cash flow. Maybe I'm kidding myself each time when I say "Self, this one is the winning ticket!!" :dizzy: One must also distinguish between positive and wishful thinking sometimes ;) .
I am positively wishful :agree: :lol:

Irvin

A pessimist is 99.99% positive that they wont win anything :lol:

Guess what?......they're right 99.99% of the time :D

daleks

the much touted "past performance may not be indicative of future results," usually applied to money market funds of one kind or another, may also apply to lottery systems....

therefore, i have for now given up researching past lotto numbers and, for the next few draws following this coming week-end, i will consult sooth-sayers, crystal ball readers, psychics of all kinds, tarot card readers, tea leaf readers, the spirit of all the dead people i know, chicken entrail readers, but no chiropractors.

further, this coming sunday, at my house, i have arranged a dinner party for nine.....starting mid-or-early-afternoon we will play yahtzee and drink scotch....we will play chinese checkers and drink scotch.....we will play go and drink scotch....no one will fall into the water while drinking scotch.....and then, after dinner which i will have cooked whilst drinking scotch (and beer and wine)........

we will play the ouiji board in the dark with candles......during which time i will ascertain the winning numbers for the super-7 draw......so there.....

.............:beer: ...scotch,and wine........

....now, if i can only find the ferry schedule to get me over to the prize payout office...........:eek: .....:agree: .....:eek: .....

peter

Daleks: I don't know why you just don't have the amazing "Kreskin" over for supper, he might like Scotch as well.:lol:

Sidebar