B.C. man wants 10-year-old lottery ticket tested for his prints

Brad

VANCOUVER (CP) -- A Vancouver man wants the courts to help him learn whether his fingerprints are on a decade-old $10-million lottery ticket.
Michael Ufnal claims he's the rightful owner of a winning lottery ticket he says was cashed in by a neighbour. But he lost the proof more than 10 years ago.

In an affidavit filed in B.C. Supreme Court, Ufnal says that in May of 1992 he bought a lottery ticket at a convenience store and put it in his wallet. Then he lost the wallet.
In the court documents, Ufnal claims he later found the billfold but the Lotto 6/49 ticket, which he is certain was a $10-million winner, was gone.
Ufnal says his neighbours eventually claimed the money from a winning ticket they say was theirs.
Ufnal is petitioning the court to have the B.C. Lottery Corp. hand over the ticket for inspection.
He believes his fingerprints could still be on it, possibly proving he is the rightful owner.
In his affidavit, Ufnal says he didn't pursue the matter for 10 years because he was unaware modern forensic science might help him prove his case.
He claims it would only take a few days for testing to resolve the matter.

<reprint from Canoe>

mon

HONESTLY!!!:no: :rolleyes: PEOPLE WILL REALLY DO ANYTHING SOMETIMES......TOOK HIM TEN YEARS TO THINK THAT UP ????? :lol: :lol:

Irvin

Brad this just gave me a great idea.

I'll put a patent on every possible lottery combination so when the numbers come up I'll claim royalties :lol: :lol:

hmmmm 5% sounds good to me.

The patent office would probably approve this too.

Brad

Gee Irvin, at first I had a good chuckle ... but you may have something there, it may be worth a try :eek: ... thar's gould in them thar tikits !! :D

Sidebar