Anyone Play Missouri Lotto ?

jova

It seems the Missouri Lotto has better odds than most State Lotto's

only 44 numbers to pick and 2 picks for $1

I live in New York, where Lotto has 59 numbers to choose from, so I buy Jersey Lotto which is just 49 numbers

Sometimes I get Connecticut Lotto tickets, just 44 numbers.

Beaker

jova said:
It seems the Missouri Lotto has better odds than most State Lotto's

only 44 numbers to pick and 2 picks for $1

I live in New York, where Lotto has 59 numbers to choose from, so I buy Jersey Lotto which is just 49 numbers

Sometimes I get Connecticut Lotto tickets, just 44 numbers.
jova that New York lotto is BIG. DO you have any idea how many tickets are sold for that draw?

Here in Canada we might sell 13,000,000 tickets across the country for an average draw(6/49)

Wow I'd like to play a 6/44 lottery...At 2 picks for a dollard...You can play some amazing wheels for that one...
What is the jackpot for that one...???And how many winners in each draw??
:eek:

jova

Missouri Lotto

I would love to play Missouri Lotto too

Minimum Jackpot is 1 million. Currently it is at $2 million. Odds of winning one is 3.5 million

New York Lotto is also 2 picks for $1
Tomorrows Jackpot is 12 million but odds of winning is 1 in 22.5 Million

Correction I have the Connecticut Classic Lotto history...Well the three leaders are18 came up 223 times so far...And 43 218 times and 05 with 209 apperances...Funny the 3 of them are part of my dancing set for the Canadian 6/49...
I also notice that there is no bonus in that lottery...
:eek2: :eek3:

As for the Missouri lotto the 13 is the current leader with 133 appearances ...second is the 21 with 132 and third is the 03 with 128...LDs of 03 must often rides there... :eek2: :eek3:

Last edited:
If you play the Missouri draws....The 31-35 range is about to strike...play some numbers from that area for a few draws(02 per selection at least)..It will pay ... :agree2:

Last edited:

GillesD

Odds of winning

jova

I do not know where you took your information for winning odds in both Missouri and New York lotteries but this is the current information that can be obtained from multiple sources:

For a 6 / 44 (like in Missouri), the odds are 1 to 7,059,052.
For a 6 / 44 (like in Canada), the odds are 1 to 13,983,816.
For a 6 / 59 (like in New York), the odds are 1 to 45,057,474.

The real odd thing is that your values are half what can be expected. Most likely you divided the real odds by 2 since you get 2 combinations per $1.00

Beaker

Re: Odds of winning

GillesD said:
jova

I do not know where you took your information for winning odds in both Missouri and New York lotteries but this is the current information that can be obtained from multiple sources:

For a 6 / 44 (like in Missouri), the odds are 1 to 7,059,052.
For a 6 / 44 (like in Canada), the odds are 1 to 13,983,816.
For a 6 / 59 (like in New York), the odds are 1 to 45,057,474.

The real odd thing is that your values are half what can be expected. Most likely you divided the real odds by 2 since you get 2 combinations per $1.00
You are correct GillesD, it's the lotto marketers at work. They do the same thing here with Super7 1 in 20 million when the actual odds are 3 times that 1:65 million.
Make no mistake, the odds of winning the 6 numbers in 59 are huge. But the question is how many tickets do they sell??

Ben

Dennis Bassboss said:
Wow I'd like to play a 6/44 lottery...At 2 picks for a dollard...You can play some amazing wheels for that one...
What is the jackpot for that one...???And how many winners in each draw??
:eek:

Dennis. imagine, in Norway they have lottery ; 8/27
( 1 in 2,220,075 ), prize is like banco in Quebec.

But the best lottery is in New Zealand
6/40 (1 in 3,838,380)
one board cost 50 cents
minimum to play is 4 boards (2$)
prizes can exceed 3 millions new zealand dollars

we have to move there.:lol: :lol:

Last edited:

jova

odds

yes, I calculated Missouri odds as 1 in 3.5 million per play, since you get 2 sets of 6 numbers to play for $1

therefore playing one game gives player 1 in 3.5 million chance of winning. While you are correct the odds of one set of 6 numbers winning is actually 1 in 7 million

same here in New York, players must choose 2 sets of 6 numbers per game, thus odds of winning are reduced to 1 in 22.5 million per game.

Maryland and New Jersey both have 6/49 lotto. Yet in Maryland players get 2 sets of num,bers for $1, thus players have better chance of winning in Maryland. 1 in 6.9 million instead of 1 in 13.9 million in Jersey.

Sidebar