Another one for Gilles !

I just learn that in many areas in Canada people can't play only their own selection on
the Super Seven draw . What I've learned is that
each time they are choosing one selection automatically they received 2 quick picks with it and they have no other choice!
Based on what we know so far on lotteries winners it would be more than rational to come to the conclusion that more winning combination should be generated by quick picks for this perticular draw. I would be puzzled if it is not the case. I would like to see some numbers on just that. I remember that you mention that there were no significances differences between quick picks
and people choosing their numbers ,as far as winning is concerned and I agree with you 100% on that. The only thing that is bothering me is that almost 2/3 of the super seven tickets must be generated by using quick picks and even maybe more than that, so if the results are still even after knowing this fact than I guess you were right they must be programming their systems using some kind of a delta feature with something else creating an erratic loop but something must be wrong with the creation process because we would be face up against the probability laws!
Wish to hear more from you on this!

[This message has been edited by Dennis Bassboss (edited June 26, 2001).]

I'm beginning to wonder if there is not a well calculated policy to establish a criteria of winning numbers based on locations....Ontario should win more often(largest populated area in Canada) by introducing stupid rules like that if they are not winning as often as they should....??
And this is a cheap shot for the people down there....
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Dennis Bassboss (edited June 26, 2001).]

Yes, Ontario should theoretically win more often. But, in fact, the Eastern (Atlantic) provinces hold the title for most 6/49 jackpots.

Regarding the randomness of the Super-7 tickets. When I do occasionally splurge on the Super-7, I hardly ever win anything on my own picks (because it is too expensive to wheel effectively), but always come away with 3, 3 + bonus, and 4 number wins on the random picks. This should confirm your thoughts about having better chances of winning Super-7 in Ontario, because of the quick-picks. In fact, most Super-7 jackpots ARE won in Ontario.

peter

When I buy Super 7, I'll purchase what they call a Super 7 pkg. for five bucks, it includes the plus , extra ,or encore they call it different things in different parts of the country. Usually all the numbers drawn will be on that ticket, but only one number per line.

peter

When I buy Super 7, I'll purchase what they call a Super 7 pkg. for five bucks, it includes the plus , extra ,or encore they call it different things in different parts of the country. Usually all the numbers drawn will be on that ticket, but only one number per line.

Sidebar