another bummer

blitzed

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/crime/2016/01/21/ga-forklift-driver-who-won-lottery-killed-home-invasion/79114552/

Icewynd

Many of us don't have an option to opt for no publicity. Here in Canada the Lottery Corp. maintains that parading winners before a press conference and photo session helps maintain the integrity of the game. Indeed, a couple who won $50 Million 2 years ago just lost a protracted court battle to claim anonymously.

That just makes home security and maintaining a low profile more important after the win.

Good Luck!
:thumb:

Frank

That's a gross invasion of privacy. In the UK we can opt for no publicity, but that doesn't stop newspapers carrying out a witch hunt by offering rewards to who ever finds out who won it. Scum bags.

Icewynd

Yes, the papers know that people love to read stories of lottery wins so they pursue the poor people to death. Here they even have a TV show about it -- "Lottery Changed my Life". Don't know if it has penetrated as far as Britain.

I can't imagine going on such a show, but I guess it takes all kinds.

Good Luck! (and anonymity)
:thumb:

Frank

Yes we have them in Britain. Not many are happy stories, or tell of keeping a spouse or friends but then obviously we never hear about the anonymous ones, hopefully living happily ever after.

blitzed

hehe if I ever won big, I'd just vanish...perhaps leaving false paper trails n junk if people tryta look me up:devil:

later,
blitzed:spiny:

mabuse

There are some videos on Youtube about the world's dumbest lottery winners...they had lots of publicity after hitting "the big one".
Winning loads and ending up bankrupt shortly after!!!

blitzed

hiya mabuse, indeed...no money management...they probably make absurd purchases on creditcards, and never pay them off...splurge on exotic cars, buy a house or two, mortgaged to the gills.

cya,
blitzed:spiny:

mabuse said:
There are some videos on Youtube about the world's dumbest lottery winners...they had lots of publicity after hitting "the big one".
Winning loads and ending up bankrupt shortly after!!!

Sidebar