And now, for something completely different

Icewynd

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/retailandconsumer/10449820/The-star-of-the-Sainsburys-Christmas-ad-reveals-his-spreadsheet-for-the-perfect-turkey-lunch.html

Sainsbury's ad which features a description of how to use an Excel spreadsheet to make sure Christmas dinner comes off on time.

"My Christmas spreadsheet is something I've been evolving for a few years now. I got the instructions off a cooking website originally, but the spreadsheet was my own idea.

:santa: :santa: :santa:

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Yummy, that all sounds very nice indeed :santa: .

My Christmas Day & Boxing Day dinners are in Marks & Spencer's awaiting to be purchased from yours truly :agree: .
Well, I am on my own so a microwave ding dinner will do very nicely thank you.
That is however, after popping down the pub probably for a couple of pre-dinner beverages no doubt.

EDIT:

P.S. I like the reference to the Monty Python series :thumb: .

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

PAB said:
Yummy, that all sounds very nice indeed :santa: .

My Christmas Day & Boxing Day dinners are in Marks & Spencer's awaiting to be purchased from yours truly :agree: .
Well, I am on my own so a microwave ding dinner will do very nicely thank you.

Yes, Christmas dinner only works for a crowd -- and even then you're eating leftovers for longer than you thought possible!:eek:

PAB said:
That is however, after popping down the pub probably for a couple of pre-dinner beverages no doubt.

Pub open on Christmas Day? What a civilized country you live in!
PAB said:
P.S. I like the reference to the Monty Python series :thumb: .

BIG fan of MP! The guy with the Christmas dinner spreadsheet seems to fall in line with their stereotypical accountant.

Good luck!

:thumb:

Frank

I tend to write a macro for Christmas day. The pseudocode goes something like this :-

While time <1400
...........stayinpub
Wend

If DinnerReady =False Then
.............WatchTelly
Else
............CarveTurkey
............HaveDinner
...........IF BrusselSprouts>5 Then Fart
End IF

If WashingUpDone =FALSE THEN
..............Sleep
ELSE
............WatchQueen
END IF

:santa::santa::santa:

Icewynd

Brilliant, Frank! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And please, for the sake of those around you, keep your consumption of Brussels Sprouts to <=5!

:thumb:

PAB

Hi Frank,

Frank said:
I tend to write a macro for Christmas day. The pseudocode goes something like this :-

While time <1400
....stayinpub
Wend

If DinnerReady =False Then
....WatchTelly
Else
....CarveTurkey
....HaveDinner
....IF BrusselSprouts>5 Then Fart
End IF

If WashingUpDone =FALSE THEN
....Sleep
ELSE
....WatchQueen
END IF

:santa::santa::santa:
Outstanding :agree: .
Mine is very similar but with a DING or two.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Sidebar