A true Encore Story

flipper

This is a true story--the person's name has been left out on purpose. The first night the Encore was ever drawn, a certain person who worked for the Ontario Lottery Commission bought a whole stack of single line tickets with an Encore on each one.So, each ticket cost $2.00, right??
Anyway, guess who won the first Encore grand prize ever?? This gal who worked there. She figured out ( she was smart) that since it was a new draw, not many people would play it on the first night. She was right, all new draws are like that. Very thinly played, as they say in the stock market.So, she won the grand prize. I'm not sure if it was 100 G'S then or $250,000.00. But her name and picture was in the Toronto Star, if memory serves me correct.

That's one reason Gilles spooked me when he started talking about the programmers who develop the quik-piks.You just never know what is going on. She did nothing wrong by buying the tickets, but I bet her boss was wondering. The same thing happened the very first night on the Winner Take All. My buddy in Toronto knew it was the first night, and spent something like $150.00 on the First ever draw.He won so many tickets (free ones) that he didn't know what to do with all of them.

That's all for tonight, kiddies. I'm going to hit the sack!!

If that is the case, then NOW would be the best time to play "Winner Takes All". It has the fewest players since it started. Only $6,000 jackpots now. The first draws were the HEAVIEST. $80,000-$90,000 jackpots.

Next question please.

P.S. If you're thinking of saying that it's not worth playing for only $6,000, try again. If you can do that several times a year, you don't have to play anything else.

peter

does this apply to any scratch and wins If so I don't want to tell my wife. Bread at the convienance store costs me ten bucks . plse excuse my speelling although I have spell check I am using DEnnis's spelling,BY the way Dennis I can read your words clearly, I have a big screen. Cheers -----PETER

flipper

Yes, Silly Alien, I see your point on the Winner Take All and the Encore numbers. I sort of wanted a chance at the bigger jackpot of the 6-49. To play in advance on Winner Take All, it would cost me $110 every 10 days which is a bit steep for a small jackpot. By accepting a $6000 jackpot would mean that perhaps I have given up on the giant jackpots. I'll have to study your critique re WTA. I'm phoning the Lottery office to see if the Encore HAS to be won each night or not. If it has to be won-like WTA, then the WTA nights would be the time to play Encore as hardly anybody plays WTA anymore.

flipper

Silly Alien, you might be on to something re WTA and Encore. An advance play on the WTA might be the way to go. The only problem is that on your host draw (WTA) you would have to win the whole thing to collect on the host draw. Whereas, on 6-49, you might gain many more small prizes which would help pay for your large number of Encore numbers.

If the Encore numbers are computer-generated, I'll stay away from Encore as they can set computer to pay the 250 G's to one ticket only, or even spit out a number that nobody has played. See my point??

[This message has been edited by flipper (edited June 22, 2001).]

Sidebar