A simple question about number occurences

hi guys,
My question is that since the odds of winning lottomax is 85900584 in one. can one say that the maximum times a single number can repeat is also 85900584?. meaning the maximum times 'one' can occur in all draws is 85900584? just curious. thnx
best regards.

Icewynd

Hi Prowler,

Not quite sure what you are asking -- do you want to know how many times each individual digit can appear in the 85 Million combos?

Possible combinations range from 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 to 43-44-45-46-47-48-49, so to answer your question you would have to create all 85 Million combos and count how many times each number would appear.

However, we can see how often each number has come out in a winning combination very easily by going to this site:

http://www.lottosoup.com/lottomax/lotto-max-overall-frequency.html

Here we can see that, since 2009, the number 18 has been the most common winning number with 61 appearances.

If that information isn't what you are looking for, please ask again!

Good luck!
:thumb:

Frank

prowler_sn said:
hi guys,
My question is that since the odds of winning lottomax is 85900584 in one. can one say that the maximum times a single number can repeat is also 85900584?. meaning the maximum times 'one' can occur in all draws is 85900584? just curious. thnx
best regards.
If you were to examine every available ticket in a 7/49 lottery to see how many times number 1 can appear on a ticket, you would count 12,271,512 appearances of number 1, the same as for any other number. I know this from earlier work I did regarding the probabilities of a number appearing in a given position in a result after sorting. Number 1 is a special case because it always appears first, so is easiest to evaluate. :)

madam

Frank: I'm not ssure this will answer your question but whenyou use Ilya Bluskov's wheels he give the # of occurrences of the #'s used in that wheel.

Sidebar