A new approach from flipper!!

flipper

If any of you brainy nerds can come up with a plan to make up multiple lines in which 3 numbers are never repeated, I would be most grateful. Any 2 numbers can be repeated, but never 3 to be repeated. And my use of the term "brainy nerds" refers to your superior knowledge as compared to mine as far as databases.Check my various posts and you can perhaps see what I want. I'll give you a sample right now of 2 good lines:

Line #1--1,9,16,28, 30,43

Line #2-1,9,17,29,31,44

As you can see, only the 1 and the 9 were repeated, not 3 numbers. Only 2 numbers to be repeated, never 3.

Thanks for nay help. Lotto tutor is working on this as well.

GillesD

You could always use VBA in Excel to generate two 6-number combinations then check the numbers of repeat numbers. Depending on your requirements, you can accept or reject the second combination. You repeat this process until the combinations selected meet all your criteria

GillesD

For your information, it takes about 8 seconds to generate 10,000 combinations of 6 different numbers on my computer.

peter

Dennis where are you going, and when will you be back. Just wondering because I look forward to your insightfulness.------ PETER

flipper

Gilles D, don't make me feel bad re your fast computer. How do you play?? I have numbers coming out my ears. I don't know what to do for Sat. night.

peter

biggrin.gif
PLUG YOUR EARS!

GillesD

Hey Flipper, not a fast computer, just a standard 666 mHz. In Excel I use VBA to generate 6-numbers combinations, then you could use a formula to calculate the number of repeats from the previous combinations. You can then filter those that meet your criteria.
You asked what you thought an impossible goal but easily achieved. C'est quoi le problème?

Sidebar