Early Draw Deadlines- Midday And Evening Times

gmac78

Hi all,

Tonight marked the second time in a month that I've tried to but a Keno ticket between 8:50 and 8:55pm (closer to 8:55 for the record). Both times, I was told the draw deadline was up.

Is there something Im not aware of? Is the deadline not 9pm sharp? Unless the lottery machines are set 5 minutes ahead, there is something wrong. The attendant agreed with me that the time was 8:54, my watch read 8:54 and the parking meter I check when I walked out onto the street ticketless read 8:55. Did I mention I was TICKETLESS...lol.

Has anyone encountered this as well? And please, dont tell me to just be earlier in buying them. I enjoy the thrill of the race sometimes..lol.

blitzed

hiya gmac78, funny! likewise I often get picks in at the last minute...however, more often I take too much time assembling my picks before leaving home:worry:

one thing that sucks, going to minimart, only to encounter a huge crowd of people buying sandwiches, beer, coffee, gas, etc. so I try to be there at least 15mins before draw time just in case, because it is lame walking away with nothing in play!

later,
blitzed:bounce:

Icewynd

From OLG website (emphasis mine):

"Unless otherwise announced by the Corporation, on every day from Monday to Sunday, twice a day, inclusive, the Corporation shall draw at random 20 numbers between one and 70 (“winning number”). The numbers drawn in the afternoon (at approximately 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time) will be the “winning number” for the MIDDAY draw. The numbers drawn in the evening (at approximately 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time) will be the “winning number” for the EVENING Draw."

Couldn't find anything anywhere on the site about a ticket cutoff time.

In other words, they do what they want and tough on you.

Someone once told me that was the best time to buy as it had something to do with the system not tracking the numbers.. But that is weird... You would think the OLG would accept bets right down to the last second.

gmac78

Explain the notion of the system not tracking numbers close to draw deadlines. How does that work exactly?

Goes back to my same friend who thinks the draws are rigged. He says that the OLG tracks all played numbers that are eligible for the draw and picks the numbers that would pay out the least across te board. He seems to think that the computer or OLG stops tracking just before the draw hence the reason why sometimes u can't play even though it's before 9pm. Also goes with those who play pick 3 or 4.. Players are told sometimes that a particular number has reached its max for the upcoming draw.

I started thinking maybe there was some truth to what he was saying when OLG let it out the bag about their highly intelligent software/computer that was able to build user profiles and ultimately find the true winners of the super 7 draw a few years back when a store ripped them off and stole their free play which end up winning the jackpot.

Icewynd

OntKenoStudent said:
Goes back to my same friend who thinks the draws are rigged.

Wow, you know Roger.www personally? Hopefully he passes on some tips from time to time?

Joking aside, the daily lotteries, including Keno, are much less transparent than the major lotterey games where a certain proportion of sales (50%?) is earmarked for prizes.

Of course, then there's scratch tickets. I have heard that some of them have a 'tell' that allows the lottery retailers to skim off the winners before offering them for sale.

All I know for sure is that I'm not winning much!

Sidebar