why not?

corneydeb

The smallest wheel to use all 49 numbers in a 6/49 lotto is 9, with almost no overlap.Why not use the 49 numbers in groups of seven ,each a full wheel ,so there is always a spare number in each wheel? This would generate 7 full wheels costing in the uk £49 . I know not everyone can afford such a wheel ,but a small syndicate could. The logic as I see it is every draw takes place with 49 numbers in play ,ANY 6 numbers could be chosen ,hence the 7x7 full wheels I mentioned.:look: :look:

newb2

Why not backtest this wheel against previous lottery draws and see how much you could have won. And its £49 every lottery draw. :lol3:

corneydeb

Thanks for your reply newb2, I suppose I could backtest it ,however if I did put such a wheel on, I would change my numbers every time I entered ,using a rng ,so my numbers change every attempt I make.I have come to the conclusion luck plays a major part in winning the lotto,that said there are some brilliant wheel designers out there such as Nick Koutras etc. I, like every lotto player wants the first prize, and in my heart of hearts ,I feel the only way to have a good crack at it is using all 49 numbers.There are some very good wheels out there not using all the numbers 12 ,18 numbers etc ,with regard to these two specific wheels ,for example you might not get a single number, the first wheel you have excluded 37 numbers!! and 31 from the second!! If you play all the numbers you have all six winning numbers,you might(probably) not get them all in one line but you don't know.
I am of course only expressing my opinion ,I am hopeless at maths I could not develop a lotto wheel if my life depended on it .The only thing I firmly belief in is if 49 numbers are rolling around waiting to be chosen ,then I should play all 49 numbers ,probably in as my first post said in groups of 7.

Hi corneydeb, I tried something similar for the Belgian lottery (6/42) during the last year. Instead of 42 numbers however, I played with only 36 numbers. I distributed those numbers in groups of 10, generating a 5 if 6 wheel (15 combinations) per group of 10 numbers. In total, I had 120 combinations. The total cost for this system was 60 EUR (belgian lotto is quite cheap, 0,50 EUR per combination). We played with a small syndicate of 6 players.

The best result we achieved during that year was a secondary price (5 correct: 800 EUR). Even though we had this (small) price, the overall balance of that year was still negative.

For this system, I needed to be lucky twice:
- the six winning numbers needed to be in the 36 numbers played (which happened very regularly)
- the six winning numbers needed to be in the same group of 10 (which never happened, most numbers we achieved in the same group was 5, so we were very lucky to win the secondary price! The wheel does NOT guarantee a 5 if 5 win.)

Projecting this to your system, you need to be lucky 'only' once:
- since you play ALL numbers, you'll be sure to have played the winning numbers
- the six winning numbers however, need to be in one of the groups of 7 (which will be a very hard thing to do!).

Anyway, it's worth a try, so give it your best shot, and keep us updated?

corneydeb

Thanks for your reply GameBelgium,I'm surprised first of all that one combination i.e one go is only 50 cents on your lotto! .one attempt here in the UK would work out at today's conversion rate ,about 1.14 euro .That said
the price has been set,and won't go down.Incidently the draw on 29/11/08
was a rollover ,and won by one person ,they won £7,650,000! the numbers were 10-34-35-39-43-47.That winner did not put any numbers in the 20's (twenties) and yet they won .We will never know how they chose their combination(s) lucky dip ,favourite no's ,rng etc but they won.Since my first post ,I am trying to discipline myself into doing as I said i.e using 7 number lotto wheels,maybe multiple wheels ,say once every 1-2 months if I can resist impulse buying whenever I visit my lotto outlet ,am I the only one who goes in to buy bread or whatever and comes out having bought 2or 3 scratchcards! They task me, they are always next to the till (register) at eye level I might have to go in wearing blinkers!!!! (blinders):rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

newb2

corneydeb said:
Thanks for your reply GameBelgium,I'm surprised first of all that one combination i.e one go is only 50 cents on your lotto! .one attempt here in the UK would work out at today's conversion rate ,about 1.14 euro .That said
the price has been set,and won't go down.Incidently the draw on 29/11/08
was a rollover ,and won by one person ,they won £7,650,000! the numbers were 10-34-35-39-43-47.That winner did not put any numbers in the 20's (twenties) and yet they won .We will never know how they chose their combination(s) lucky dip ,favourite no's ,rng etc but they won.Since my first post ,I am trying to discipline myself into doing as I said i.e using 7 number lotto wheels,maybe multiple wheels ,say once every 1-2 months if I can resist impulse buying whenever I visit my lotto outlet ,am I the only one who goes in to buy bread or whatever and comes out having bought 2or 3 scratchcards! They task me, they are always next to the till (register) at eye level I might have to go in wearing blinkers!!!! (blinders):rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

You should also keep in mind how much the winner spent on that day...I bet they bought a lot more than one ticket :smokin:

I would say back test your system against previous Lotto draws...there's enough variation in winning numbers to give a feel as to what's really happening.

And I never buy scratch cards!!! :lol3:

Sidebar