When will 19 Return?

Icewynd

For those of you who play Ontario 49, you know that number 19 has been missing for the past 67 draws. This is unprecedented, with the previous record of 57 skips hit twice.

Has 19 exhausted its run? When do you think it will return?

I'm guessing July 10th.

We'll see :look: :look: :look:

Icewynd

Well, in the spirit of 'putting your money where your mouth is' I am buying 10 tickets for Wednesday's draw with '19' as a key number.

Wish me luck! :thumb:

PAB

Icewynd said:
Well, in the spirit of 'putting your money where your mouth is' I am buying 10 tickets for Wednesday's draw with '19' as a key number.

Good luck Icewynd, you will either end up :dancer: or :mad4: , hopefully the former.

Regards,
PAB
:wavey:

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
12:45, restate my assumptions.
(1) Mathematics is the language of nature.
(2) Everything around us can be represented and understood through numbers.
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

Thanks, PAB! I can use all the luck and :dancer: I can get!

ChesterDennis said:
Well know something's up if 19 comes out as the bonus number.

Hi Chester,

Not sure what you mean. All the balls are drawn from the same pool so if 19 does hit it has a 1/7 chance of coming out as the bonus ball.

Icewynd

ChesterDennis said:
19 as a bonus number prevents you from winning the jackpot.

Yes, I see your point. However, I would be quite delighted with a 5/6+!

Of course the most likely outcome is that I will get 4 or 5 numbers right, all on different tickets, and win nothing :bawl:

:thumb:

Icewynd

14-17-35-38-40-45 (26)

Ah well, no soup for me!

I should desist from making predictions when my crystal ball is in the shop for its annual maintenance.

blitzed

Icewynd said:

hiya Icewynd...I think the best bet would be to start with a full-spectrum set...mix around, filtering your numbers into $9 of picks...all the numbers are there, it is like cracking a safe, tumbling the right numbers of the combo lock into place heh!
http://crazynuts.hollosite.com/649_lottery_picks/#spectrum_set

cya,
blitzed:thumb:

Icewynd

Hi Blitzed,

Yeah, that's what I did -- started with 19 as the key and filled in the remaining 48 using Random.org numbers. So I had all the winning numbers, just didn't capture 3 or more on one ticket.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

I see number 19 is still being elusive :erm: !!!

Regards,
PAB

-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-∏-
(3) If you graph the numbers of any system, patterns emerge. Therefore, there are patterns, everywhere in nature.

Icewynd

PAB said:
I see number 19 is still being elusive :erm: !!!

Yes, now out for 70 games! Who knows when it will return? :notme:

I think the longest out streak that I have seen was in the mid 70's, but doubtless there are longer streaks in lotteries that I don't follow.

blitzed

Icewynd said:
Yes, now out for 70 games! Who knows when it will return? :notme:

I think the longest out streak that I have seen was in the mid 70's, but doubtless there are longer streaks in lotteries that I don't follow.

hiya Icewynd, yup that is way out on the fringe of probability...here is probability chart of a number being drawn x times within 70draws.

6/49 @70Draws
0x 0.01%
1x 0.10%
2x 0.50%
3x 1.59%
4x 3.72%
5x 6.85%
6x 10.35%
7x 13.20%
8x 14.50%
9x 13.94%
10x 11.87%
11x 9.03%
12x 6.20%
13x 3.86%
14x 2.19%
15x 1.14%
16x 0.55%
17x 0.24%
18x 0.10%
19x 0.04%
20x 0.01%
21x 0.00%

later,
blitzed:scatter:

Icewynd

Thanks, Blitzed. Interesting info on rare events. I like the symmetry of the distribution with 20 hits in 70 games being equally (un)likely as 0 hits.

Of course a 0.9999 probability of a hit doesn't mean that it will hit in the next draw. It could still hang on for a few more.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Any number predictions for tonights draw or are you going to stick with that pesky elusive number 19 :confused: ???

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

Well, I included 19, but didn't play it as a key number. I also eliminated all the numbers ending in 7 as 7 has hit as a last digit in the last 9 draws, which is close to a record streak.

Unfortunately, that crystal ball is still in the shop so we will probably get a ton of 7's! :hair:

Icewynd

Well, 19 finally reappeared last night! :party2:

And so did 17 :dang:

Ah well, I had 3 numbers right (19,22,36) so I won $5. Paid for the tickets at least.

PAB

Hi Icewynd,

Icewynd said:
Ah well, I had 3 numbers right (19,22,36) so I won $5. Paid for the tickets at least.
Well at least you can pat yourself on the back and treat yourself to a beer :beer: .
It might also reappear in the next 3 or 4 draws, it works out that way sometimes!

Regards,
PAB

Icewynd

PAB said:
It might also reappear in the next 3 or 4 draws, it works out that way sometimes!

Actually, I've been meaning to check into this. My general impression is that when a number has been out for quite a while that it may not hit again for a quite a few draws -- like it has to "wake up" :sleeping: before it starts hitting again.

If I have some time I may get to this. :thumb:

Sidebar