What formula or Macro

bloubul

Hi All

What formula or macro can I use to count the number of pairs and trips for a pick 3. How can I generate a pick 2 wheel to use in a pick 3 game. I use a power number.

BlouBul :cool:

Frank

Hi All

What formula or macro can I use to count the number of pairs and trips for a pick 3. How can I generate a pick 2 wheel to use in a pick 3 game. I use a power number.

Well one reason I didnt reply was that I didn't understand the question. It makes sense in the UK where a pick 3 is pick 3 from 49, but I presume you mean the Unites States version of pick 3 where you pick 3 digits from 000 to 999?
Isnt the whole result a triple ? So counting triples is counting how many times a result happenned? Also what is a pair ? if the result is 123 is 12 a pair ? is 13 a apair ? I dont follow what you want.

bloubul

Frank.
Thank you for responding. This what I'm looking for:

Pair: 0,0 - times: 13
Pair: 0,1 - times: 19
Pair: 0,2 - times: 13
Pair: 0,3 - times: 11
till
Pair: 9,9 - times: 12

Column A = Draw Number
Column B = Date
Column C - E draw numbers

Frank

Well you didn't exactly answer either of my questions, I already knew what the output format would be, just what your definition of a pair in the USA pick three was would have helped. So Ive had to do what I think you might want. Heres how I would do it without resorting to macros. Note that the three digit result has to be formatted to show all three digits, even when it starts with an "0". I've added a triple counter or result counter as I see it on another sheet. Note my test results are all random numbers.
As you know, I dont do wheels.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/m7zscix13wt8054/pick_3_paircounter.xlsx/file

Frank

Frank

Thank you it's work perfect.

Im pleased to hear that Bloubul. Note that the counters assume that the first 20000 rows (cols A to G) sheet 1 are reserved for results and formulas. Placing other data in this space would confuse the counters.

Sidebar